Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq Is The Main Focal Point At The UN.

Luigi1

Here's some articles of Dinarian interests...

These articles are long reads but all are good reads.

Some very good news coming out of Iraq, today.

Iraq Is The Main Focal Point At The UN.

Iraq cancels Iran banks over money laundering.

CBI launches new mechanism for selling USD.

Treat as rumors.  Not verified.  Your opine.

Tlm724 Administrator Bondlady’s Corner:                    The Governor Of The CBI Announces The Imminent Launch Of A Mechanism For Selling The Dollar.

ARTICLE: The Governor of the CBI, Ali Al-Alaq, confirmed today, Tuesday, that the electronic payment file is a high government priority, & while he indicated a significant decrease in inflation compared to the beginning of 2023, he announced the imminent launch of a special mechanism for selling the Dollar to ensure that it reaches real travelers only.

Al-Alaq said, “The Central Bank & the government give high priority to the issue of electronic payment because of its important economic repercussions & raising the level of transactions away from excessive use of cash,” noting that “the Iraqi economy is a cash economy par excellence & the electronic payment process aims to significantly reduce the degree of economic cash cash.”. He added,

"The Prime Minister is very supportive of the process of converting to electronic payment & holds successive & continuous meetings in order to strengthen the procedures related to this issue.

We have made important progress in arranging electronic payment at the level of collection & payment in state institutions, in addition to that the Council of Ministers approved a number of important packages & decisions." Which facilitates this process & does not burden the citizen with the resulting commissions.”

He stated that  “the Central Bank has a broad strategy in the electronic payment file and has developed the infrastructure and covers any type of electronic payment, whether by cards, via mobile phone, or other means,” indicating that “the Central Bank is also working on a strategy of financial inclusion and increasing users of financial services.”.

He continued, "There are direct decisions issued to support the use of electronic payment, including obliging government agencies to make payment and receipt through cards, and also linking the process of renewing licenses in stores & approving them in buying & selling operations with the incentives granted, especially the government decision to bear 50%, which will make it marginal." At the same time, Al-Alaq stressed that  “the CBI is working to complete the establishment of Riyada Bank, which will focus on supporting small projects by relying on the use of financial services away from cash dealing.”

He stated that  "the indicator of the success of monetary policy in any country is controlling the general level of prices & reducing inflation," explaining that "inflation has now decreased significantly compared to the beginning of 2023, which indicates, as the US Treasury Assistant stated a few days ago, that the low level of inflation indicates... Foreign trade is covered by the official rate & foreign financing operations take place smoothly & all importers & traders can obtain and control the Dollar at the official rate.”

He pointed out,  "The CBI's adherence to the rules & principles of external transfer in accordance with the conditions & requirements it set & its insistence on implementing them is what prompted many hesitant merchants to enter the platform for selling foreign currency, especially since using it is easy and safe & it provides them with the Dollar at the official rate."

Al-Alaq pointed out,  “The CBI confirms the possibility of meeting all requests for the Dollar, whether personal, commercial, or any kind, as long as they are valid & legitimate & this is strongly supported by the size of the foreign reserves present at the Central Bank.” He pointed out,    “The Central Bank has no problem with offering or selling the dollar & it does not place restrictions on sales operations at all.

It has never specified for the bank how much it can buy a Dollar, nor has it set an upper or lower limit for a merchant, importer, or user of the Dollar, or any other limit.”  This gave the impression that there was no problem in responding to demand for the Dollar & that speculation was useless because the rules for this speculation were not available & incorrect.”

He added, "Some groups are still trying, from here & there, to stay away from the platform for various reasons, whether to evade taxes, customs, etc., or for the presence of illegal trade, as the drug dealer cannot transfer it through the CBI, or if it is corruption money, it cannot be transferred." Through the CBI.  He pointed out that  "the Central Bank is in a comfortable position to respond to requests to buy the Dollar & we have sufficient reserves.

On the other hand, there are some countries that do not have sufficient reserves to respond to demand & thus they have a large difference in the price between the parallel & the official price."  Regarding providing the Dollar to travelers, Al-Alaq said,

“After the experience we had in how to sell the Dollar to travelers & citizens, we found many observations, including that it is difficult for the real traveler to obtain the Dollar & therefore we had a meeting in this regard & we will finalize a new mechanism after developing its programs related to this.” The subject, according to which only the real traveler will receive the Dollar.”

He stated,  "One of the things that helped calm and reassure the market is the stability of the exchange rate & the  CBI's provision of payment options after currencies such as the Euro, the Dirham, the Turkish Lira & the Indian Rupee, which are expanding." 

From Other Sources:                       Iran Downplays The Impact Of Canceling The Operating Licenses Of Three Of Its Banks In Iraq: It Harms Baghdad.

ARTICLE:  Iran reduced the news that talked about stopping dealing with three of its banks in Iraq & while it indicated that two of those banks had their operating licenses originally canceled two years ago, One Iranian expert described the commercial situation in Iraq as “without law.” Some tribes have more power than the government.”

The Iranian Eqtisad News website said in a report translated by a news agency, that the head of the Joint Iranian-Iraqi Chamber of Commerce, Yahya Ali Ishaq, touched on the issue of canceling Bank Melli’s license in Iraq, saying, “In Iraq, we had three banks, namely Bank Melli, the Parsian Bank & the Islamic Cooperative Bank.".  The report pointed out that  “Bank Melli & Parsian Bank have not had any currency& the currency market.”

The head of the Joint Iranian-Iraqi Chamber of Commerce, Al Ishaq, added,  "As a result, this issue is not a new matter & will not affect the financial transactions of businessmen & there is no need to worry." Al-Ishaq concluded his speech by saying, “It appears that the news that was published in cyberspace about the cancellation of Bank Melli’s activities in Iraq is nothing but the work of exploiters & brokers to stop the trend of decline in the ER that began at the beginning of this week.”

For his part, an Iranian trade expert confirmed that   “canceling the National Bank’s license has no impact on trade between the two countries,” noting that  “commercial exchanges between Iran & Iraq take place in different ways.”  Muhammad Ali Nadib said in a statement to the Iranian Bazaar website and translated by Shafaq News Agency,  “It cannot be said that canceling the bank’s license could have a special impact on Iran’s trade with this country.”

From Other Sources:                     An International Consensus To support The Iraqi Government’s Efforts To Maintain Stability & Complete Reforms.

ARTICLE:  The speeches of the representatives of the member states of the United Nations Security Council unanimously supported the government’s efforts to enhance the security & stability of Iraq & complete reforms in all fields, in the Council’s session on Iraq.

Britain:

Britain's representative in the UN Security Council said, "We value the Iraqi government's reform steps in the areas of economy, security & investment, and we support Iraq's sovereignty & reject the threat to its security & stability." He continued, "We encourage all political forces to support the government in supporting stability & we also hope to settle the problems with Erbil."

Algeria:

In turn, the representative of Algeria affirmed in his speech that, “For the 1st time in 10 years, the Iraqi government has succeeded in conducting local elections.  We praise the government’s efforts in holding local elections in Kirkuk for the 1st time since 2005 & we support Iraq’s security & stability.”

Japan:

Meanwhile, the representative of Japan affirmed in his speech, "We support the Iraqi government's reform efforts, welcome the holding of Iraqi local elections & hope that the Kurdistan region will hold its overdue elections."

China:

As for the Chinese representative, he stressed the necessity of supporting the Iraqi government’s vision in rationalizing human & financial resources & meeting the country’s aspirations.

Malta:

The representative of Malta affirmed his country’s support for the security and stability of Iraq & the efforts of the Iraqi government to close displacement camps.

France:

As for the representative of France, he affirmed his country’s support for the efforts of the Iraqi government to complete the reforms that the Iraqi people aspire to & called for the resumption of dialogue between Baghdad & Erbil to get rid of all related problems with (HCL) oil, gas & money.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

It would be really good to get Iraq on electronic banking.    It would probably make the rate change easier and smoother.  I understand that the Iraqi's do not have confidence in the banking system, and with great reasons, but for them to progress, they really need to embrace this.  On the other hand, the banks will have to do a better job of ensuring that when the customers want or need cash, that they will be available to give it to them.  Example:  Warka Bank...shining example why Iraqi's don't trust the banks.   Once the banks become dependable, things in Iraq will definitely improve.   👍

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

MarkZ  Update- Some highlights by PDK-Not verbatim.

THREAD:

Member: Hello MarkZ Mods & RV Family.

Member: It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood. A beautiful Day in the neighborhood, won’t you RV? Won’t you RV ?

Member:  I'm ready for us to go today, we don't need to go till Friday....let's end our week today!

Member: Will MarkZ have any awesome news for us this morning?

MZ: Let’s start with Nader: “CBI is facilitating transfers”  this has to do with the electronic platforms. He also mentions the claim that they made in this by government officials that Iraq has the most modern system in the entire middle east.  This is big.

MZ: It means that government officials will not be able to embezzle ect…..this system will be very transparent for the people. This is a key part before they usually revalue currencies.

MZ: “A parliamentary committee reveals the fate of approving the oil & gas law. What is hindering it?”  This is HCL here. This article is telling us what gets in the way from making this complete. This is on the parliamentary schedule for this session.

MZ: “Can Iraqi oil be sold in other currencies besides the USD?  Yes they can. This is a commentary piece but I believe possibly Iraq is already selling oil in other currencies….on the side.

MZ: “The Kurdistan Region delegation lands in Washington to discuss several files”  Maybe they are hedging their bets in case Iraq becomes 2 separate countries?

MZ: “Al Maliki’s coalition calls on the house of representatives to expel foreign forces from Iraq”  This was a surprise to me. Maliki used to be the US stool pigeon …He has been blamed by many for the Dinar not revaluing years ago. Sunni forces from Iran are also pushing for this. It would be good for the US to leave…..It may force the revaluation.

Member: if the US refuses to leave Iraq…I wonder- can we still RV.

MZ: Mr. C has not gone yet. I lost another bond contact yesterday evening due to signing an NDA. I am still waiting for signs that someone has money….but so far no sign that money is moving with the NDA.

Member: The amount of bonds people going under NDAs is encouraging.

Member: I just wonder why someone would have to sign an NDA if they hadn't received money...

MZ: That is exactly why I am so upbeat right now…..

Member: So far NDA means no Dollars anywhere.

Member: Maybe their NDA's turn into the liquidity as soon as we are notified???

Member: I've always heard it's a cascading event like dominoes .. it all goes so fast when the trigger is pulled.

Member: I don't understand why the RV hasn't what yet. You would think that people would want this to happen. So there could be changes in the u s for the better.

Member: Makes no sense to me….but the world is full of bad guys who don’t want the world to be a better place.

Member:  Still hearing they are showing the new lower denoms in Iraq at the banks.

MZ: I had heard they are showing the specimen sheets at all the banks….and I am not the only one hearing that.

Member:  I went to the Bank yesterday to make a deposit asked the teller did she know about currency reset she looked up and said there a lot of charges here ….it must be coming.

Member: Kansas voted on bill 2284 yesterday. Flat tax of 5.25. This will affect SS & lower income families will be exempt. Sounds like NESARA.

Member: Moody just downgraded NYCB (New York Community Bank) stocks to junk status!

MZ: This is going to be a big one. Stocks around the world are crashing….banks are coming apart at the seams….and somehow we still have a market that is going up…..

Member: Crazy how manipulated it is.

Member: Saturday is the Chinese new Year - Year of the Dragon . Hope the Chinese Dragon family says GO this weekend.

MZ: “ China’s New Year buyers look to gold, as stocks and property crash”  It looks like Chinese people are taking money out of banks and stocks & putting it into gold & hard assets.

Member:  You are watching amazing progress happening...more than ever...hang in there.

MZ: I am leaving tomorrow for a vacation & will be back next Tuesday –really late. So I will be back next Wednesday Morning . I may have a short podcast early tomorrow….then have to get to the airport.. My son Zester will be filling in . I will be sending him information. So podcasts will still happen as usual.

Member:  Thank you Mark for the info. Have a safe & uneventful trip.

Member:  Mark- I hope you have the BEST time & gets lots of rest, have many laughs & amazing food.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

MZ: “Al Maliki’s coalition calls on the house of representatives to expel foreign forces from Iraq”  This was a surprise to me. Maliki used to be the US stool pigeon …He has been blamed by many for the Dinar not revaluing years ago. Sunni forces from Iran are also pushing for this. It would be good for the US to leave…..It may force the revaluation.

SUNNI forces from Iran? Not believin' dat fer a minnit!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fnbplanet said:

MZ: “Al Maliki’s coalition calls on the house of representatives to expel foreign forces from Iraq”  This was a surprise to me. Maliki used to be the US stool pigeon …He has been blamed by many for the Dinar not revaluing years ago. Sunni forces from Iran are also pushing for this. It would be good for the US to leave…..It may force the revaluation.

Sad to say but Iran is in charge of Iraq.

• Pow! 1

25 minutes ago, Luigi1 said:

Sad to say but Iran is in charge of Iraq.

I don't necessarily think they are in charge, but I do believe they have a huge influence on Iraq.  👍

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

2 hours ago, fnbplanet said:

Iran got their big foot in the door, when Maliki and his 40 thieves were in charge.  Sadly, Iran is still involved, even after Maliki moved on.

:facepalm1:

• Like 1
  • Pow! 1

16 minutes ago, NWGUY said:

Iran got their big foot in the door, when Maliki and his 40 thieves were in charge.  Sadly, Iran is still involved, even after Maliki moved on.

:facepalm1:

Lest we forget, CBI director Alak was Iran hand-picked & is an Iran agent to this very day.

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

1 hour ago, Luigi1 said:

Lest we forget, CBI director Alak was Iran hand-picked & is an Iran agent to this very day.

True .... True!  Another in the band of thieves!   It is another reason that Iraq hasn't progressed faster!  :drunk:

• Like 1
  • Pow! 1