Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Saturday Late Morning Opinions @ 11:50 PM MDT - 1/06/2024

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Frank26  Article: "Dollar exchange rates in local markets recorded a decline today...this listThe dollar exchange rate is dropping like an anvil in the middle of the pacific ocean.:twothumbs:

Samson  Article: "The Central Bank announces the imminent issuance of decisions to support the Iraqi dinar":twothumbs:

Frank26  [Iraq boots-on-the-ground report]  FIREFLY: CBI on news saying they have taken measures and decisions on supporting the dinar and maintaining its value against other currencies in the world talking about how CBI fully supports and back dinar and how it will be holding its own against other currencies. Saying this will positively affect the exchange rate. FRANK: I am excited that they are giving you deeper information about the monetary reform and how it’s going to add value to your currency and I love how they keep saying in the coming days let’s see what happens around 15 January. :twothumbs:

Mnt Goat  The CBI is still closely monitoring the parallel rate...the parallel rate is expected to decline sometime in early January and at least match the CBI “official” rate. At that time the CBI will revalue the “official” rate to much closer to if not at 1000. Then again drive the parallel market to match it. This may take some time but I am being told they are talking weeks and not months... my CBI contact tells me we are almost here now and with the opening and spending of the 2024 budget and currency swaps with other neighboring countries for trade, it should finally break the parallel market and end it. :twothumbs:

MarkZ There are some very key meetings going on around the world on Iraq...Around the 12th through the 19th…. The banking side keeps telling me to relax because its done…and we should be able to see it soon. Problem is I don’t know what “soon” means anymore.:violin:

:tiphat:

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Frank26  Article: "Dollar exchange rates in local markets recorded a decline today...this listThe dollar exchange rate is dropping like an anvil in the middle of the pacific ocean.

This is a bit of an exaggeration Frankie...reference the following:

Shafaq News Agency correspondent said that dollar prices fell with the closure of the main Al-Kifah and Al-Harithiya stock exchanges in Baghdad, recording 153,000 Iraqi dinars for every 100 dollars, while it recorded 153,250 dinars this morning.

Our correspondent indicated that selling prices in exchange shops in local markets in Baghdad also decreased, as the selling price reached 154,000 dinars for 100 dollars, while the purchase price reached 152,000 dinars for 100 dollars.

In Erbil, the dollar recorded a slight decline as well, as the selling price reached 153,000 dinars for every 100 dollars, and the purchase price was 152,700 dinars for every 100 dollars.

Edited by ronscarpa
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ronscarpa said:

Frank26  Article: "Dollar exchange rates in local markets recorded a decline today...this listThe dollar exchange rate is dropping like an anvil in the middle of the pacific ocean.

This is a bit of an exaggeration Frankie...reference the following:

Shafaq News Agency correspondent said that dollar prices fell with the closure of the main Al-Kifah and Al-Harithiya stock exchanges in Baghdad, recording 153,000 Iraqi dinars for every 100 dollars, while it recorded 153,250 dinars this morning.

Our correspondent indicated that selling prices in exchange shops in local markets in Baghdad also decreased, as the selling price reached 154,000 dinars for 100 dollars, while the purchase price reached 152,000 dinars for 100 dollars.

In Erbil, the dollar recorded a slight decline as well, as the selling price reached 153,000 dinars for every 100 dollars, and the purchase price was 152,700 dinars for every 100 dollars.

If I were a turtle I would agree with Frank.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Luigi1 said:

Samson  Article: "The Central Bank announces the imminent issuance of decisions to support system' target='_blank' style=" rel="">support system" rel="">support the Iraqi dinar":twothumbs:

Great news.   Go RV.

Is it?

• Confused 1