Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

An Iraqi's point of view

joeintt

Thanks for posting joeintt. One thing I have never understood is how people insist that the pride of the Iraqi people will cause them to reclaim their former currency value. It might have some influence in the rate they RV at but ultimately market forces will determine where it goes. Am I wrong?

Thanks for posting joeintt. One thing I have never understood is how people insist that the pride of the Iraqi people will cause them to reclaim their former currency value. It might have some influence in the rate they RV at but ultimately market forces will determine where it goes. Am I wrong?

The country is a rich one. It can support a major adjustment. However, my concern was always why would they want/need to RV/RI at such a high rate. This is why the revelation that it will be one of PRIDE makes me feel more assured that it will be in the 3+ area. This, of course, is just my opinion.

• Upvote 3

The country is a rich one. It can support a major adjustment. However, my concern was always why would they want/need to RV/RI at such a high rate. This is why the revelation that it will be one of PRIDE makes me feel more assured that it will be in the 3+ area. This, of course, is just my opinion.

Thanks for sharing Joe. I appreciate that you would do this for the rest of us, especially after the way so many here have acted toward positive news.. I agree with all you have said.. Thanks again....

Ron B)

Good points Joeintt.....all makes sense to me. I get it that most people are not corrupt, just as in this country, we have corrupt politicians....just pick up a newspaper, BUT the average person is just trying to live life, support the family and have a little fun along the way. It's the minority that makes up the fanatics, crooks and so on....

Also, makes sense that Iraq wants to control thier own destiny, thier a proud people, and that they have thousands of years of distrust to deal with within the area. But the world is not what it was 40 or even 20 years ago......technology has made the world a much smaller place. Wants and wishes don't determine currency value once you decide to play in the global market as Iraq has chosen with thier oil and gas products to sell. Ultimately the market determines what the value of the RV will be....it must be supported by goods, production and confidence in their government. It won't be some arbitrary figure of $3+ to match old times and it won't be 5 cents either just so investors can get screwed......it will be the number the IMF, CBI and Forex determine through a calculation that can be supported by the country. Everybody, counrties and individuals that do business with and in Iraq are counting on a stable currency in order to conduct that business. How much us speculators are going to make on the RV is the last thing anyone cares about when it comes to a proper value.

There must be some intelligent world economics and banking "experts" that participate in this site......can't one of you come up with a RV number based on the economical facts that exist in that country today? I know the political situation makes the 'time" of the RV an unknown, that's a given I can live with, BUT why can't the value of the dinar be figured out based on things that drive the rest of currency values around the world. If the IQD is going to trade on the FOREX once it RV's, some one should be able to come up with a close approximation of what that value should be????????

• Upvote 2

TimS , very good points! It is frustrating to hear the range of numbers out there that the so called experts think the RV will be set at! I'm sure alot of factors go into setting a value to a currency and the average Joe knows very little about them. I think eventually we will see $3 , but it may take a while to get there. Adam put alot of info in the "Guide to Cashing In" , don't know if you have that or not , I tend to agree that it will start out low $1 or less then gradually build as oil production and natural gas production rev up. Estimates are it could take up to six years for Iraq to match Kuwaits production of 12 million barrells per day! Hopefully the RV moves faster than that!!!!

Love your post Joe!! I always remind myself, this is not just about an investment, but this is history in the making!! History that I hope finds the people of Iraq, glory and honor in time. I hope others in the world truly wish this for Iraq, I have always felt, how fortunate I am (and rather spoiled) that I have never had to see war on my doorstep, I cant even begin to imagine what the Iraqi people have been through! I pray for speedy recover, and for the people of Iraq to heal!! God bless our troops, for also standing up and being in Iraq (for whatever reason it was...I don't think the US will truly ever understand the real reason.....still baffles me!!) and standing for Freedom even for other countries other than just the USA.!!

Thank you joeintt for this glimpse of the thoughts of an Iraqi. We read the news, but seldom get a true feeling for the people of this country.

In the course of my education about Iraq I ran across this article from the Telegraph that shows the 2009 corruption index which rank orders 180 countries by level of corruption. I find it interesting that the us ranks 17, while Iraq is near the end of the list at 176!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/6589735/Transparency-Internationals-2009-corruption-index-the-full-ranking-of-180-countries.html

May God bless and keep us all,

pvS

• Upvote 1

Thanks for posting that point of view Joe ... Though I believe the Iraqi people need their currency to be worth more than toilet paper as much as we do , I can only hope that the everyday citizen appreciates the " historic " ( as Cherysh puts it) significance involved in what is happenning in their country. Litterally , the eyes of the world are upon them . Waiting to see if the " cradle of civilization " can rise from it's own ashes , and reclaim their place in the world. Hopefully a place where they can put aside their ancient hatreds and step forth into a new global awareness . As weird as this may sound, I pray for this more for the people of Iraq than for my family, as they may never know , truly , what the freedom of "Democracy" really means.