Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

lock-out-on-dinar-purchase-at-5/3-bank

Unitedrich

Since this is a rumor site, here's one for you. I got a call from a fellow Dinar investor and he told me

this morning that a friend (now this locks in the rumor) told him last night that CBI stopped outgoing

Dinar because, they are going to change their currency. I asked change? LOP or complete change?

He said he was told a complete change. Well, I responded BS.

So no fear and I just placed another order today with Ali. No worries IMO.

Go RV/RI B)

WOW!! lets hope this stays a rumor.

Just got off the phone with my currency exchange lady at 5/3. She told me that she was told on Friday September 3 that the Central Bank of Iraq is no longer releasing dinar. In other words what is out is all that will be out until further notice. I asked here "It sounds to me like they are not releasing dinar because they are going to be doing something with the dinar" Her response "Seems that way to me too.". Just thought I would share this with you.

Let's hope it's true...We'll see if there are no CBI currency auctions during the next week.

Thanks for the post.

I really like this rumor...especially with a verification from Sonny that he heard the same thing. As for the reason being because they are switching to a new currency, it make perfect sense that "new currency" means switching to the lower denominations. I sure hope this rumor moves to news soon!

Thanks for the great info! :twothumbs:

KIM YOU'RE SURE A CUTIE! :)

Since this is a rumor site, here's one for you. I got a call from a fellow Dinar investor and he told me

this morning that a friend (now this locks in the rumor) told him last night that CBI stopped outgoing

Dinar because, they are going to change their currency. I asked change? LOP or complete change?

He said he was told a complete change. Well, I responded BS.

So no fear and I just placed another order today with Ali. No worries IMO.

Go RV/RI B)

complete change. ha! after they have been minting coinage, and producing mass lower denoms. ugly rumor to post without any real proof. GO RV!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would Iraq change their money? They JUST printed it 7 years ago for Crying out loud! Does any country do that every 7 years? No....So stop spreading that ridiculous rumor.

Its not out of the question.....MANY countries have done that....its called redenominating.....Kuwait even changed theirs apparently since so many dinars were stolen when Iraq invaded so they didnt want the intruders to make a killing off their own currency, mexico did it, russia, turkey....i could keep going.....you have to remember this is not guaranteed to us.....the ball is in the CBI's hands and they can do what they please....its very unlikely they would come out with a new currency, but that does not mean it wouldnt or couldnt happen.....

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (1729)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 5-SEP-2010. The results were as follows:

Details Notes

Number of banks 8

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1170

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 52,242,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 52,242,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=CurrencyAuctions

Its not out of the question.....MANY countries have done that....its called redenominating.....Kuwait even changed theirs apparently since so many dinars were stolen when Iraq invaded so they didnt want the intruders to make a killing off their own currency, mexico did it, russia, turkey....i could keep going.....you have to remember this is not guaranteed to us.....the ball is in the CBI's hands and they can do what they please....its very unlikely they would come out with a new currency, but that does not mean it wouldnt or couldnt happen.....

Yep it is absolutely possible. One thing that is positive is that they have already came out with a new currency once during this ordeal, after the UN sanctions. and they made it a VERY secure currency. If the plan was to only use this currency for the toilet paper value it is currently, and then replace it , they could have done that with TP and crayons, no need to go to all that work if they are going to get rid of it.

Shawn

"MIGHT" be doing "SOMETHING" is at least an improvement of "FOR SURE" doing "NOTHING" like they are really good at for the past 7 years.

I see it as a positive if this rumor has any weight at all (considering the source AC).

Lower Denoms issued is my take on it.......

I will be keeping my Dinars nice and warm in a safe place until the RV date, which I believe WILL HAPPEN....

• Upvote 1