Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How is your math???

FishMan1969

Emmmm !

No need to be abusive, when you put forward a file from a website which you state shows such and such, you should also expect people to go to that site and see it for themselves. If everything you state is correct then there is no problem what so ever, however when people go to that website and see no such thing then obviously they will think that YOU are misleading people.

SEND ME A MILLION NEGATIVES GO RIGHT AHEAD,

Then prove to us all that the information you state is also correct, also where exactly we can find it ourselves. Please feel free to post the link right here, not a manipulated file which you have posted.

By the way we are all waiting for the link, I will admit I am wrong and take it all back when you show us the link !!!!!

I believe he said that he doctored the file to help us get our brains thinking, he said that from the start. He was doing that to know which people he can trust and which ones he won't listen to.

• Upvote 3

Emmmm !

No need to be abusive, when you put forward a file from a website which you state shows such and such, you should also expect people to go to that site and see it for themselves. If everything you state is correct then there is no problem what so ever, however when people go to that website and see no such thing then obviously they will think that YOU are misleading people.

SEND ME A MILLION NEGATIVES GO RIGHT AHEAD,

Then prove to us all that the information you state is also correct, also where exactly we can find it ourselves. Please feel free to post the link right here, not a manipulated file which you have posted.

By the way we are all waiting for the link, I will admit I am wrong and take it all back when you show us the link !!!!!

Dear Philomina, Sweeheart, don't you think it's time to take a Midol, change your Maxi Pad, fix yourself a fruity pink drink with a little umbrella and go back to reading your Cosmo? Cuz you're acting like a little ***** and driving the rest of us CRAZY WITH YOUR CRAP!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yes, you caught me!!!!!!!

I am misleading people to go to the UN web site official exchange rate spreadsheet.. I am sooooooo ashamed.

Get a grip newbie and know that if you degrade people that are trying to do a good thing for people you will get about a million negatives to your profile.

If you feel I am a "misleader", run the opposite way from any insight I have to offer you and I wish you well..

Good day!

:lmao: Don't sweat the newbie Fishman ... we know exactly what you were showing us was just an " exercise" as you stated ( several times i might add .) Learn to read the posts fully before downing someone please ,newbies, as this was just an awareness exercise. :twothumbs::tiphat:

Wow Fishman, even after a very clear explanation, people are still screwing this up!

Key term here folks is INVERSE.

We want to see a SMALL number (depending on the direction of the conversion), because the smaller the number, the BIGGER its INVERSE.

And you wonder how lottery winners go broke :o

Good post by Fish but I think its kinda crappy to rip on anyone that did not understand the conversion. In reality anyone cashing in at X bank is not going to have to sit down and run the numbers themselves. Chase, Wahcovia, ect, is not going to rip anyone off imo.

Thanks again for the post Fish. For those of you that understand the material, be humble and help those that dont in a polite manner.

my 2 cents.

On a sidenote football season is finally here! RV not so much...lol

Dear Philomina, Sweeheart, don't you think it's time to take a Midol, change your Maxi Pad, fix yourself a fruity pink drink with a little umbrella and go back to reading your Cosmo? Cuz you're acting like a little ***** and driving the rest of us CRAZY WITH YOUR CRAP!

Damn banjo I thought I laid it out their like it was. You brought it to a whole new level! You day man! :)

• Upvote 2

I was impressed enough to save the linc in my Favorites. Never knock the Teacher, we can all learn here, Hell I;m in my 60's and still learning.lol. Thank Goodness and the Good Lord for waiting.

The problem is not in learning but in how you are perceived by those who teach you. JMHO

• Upvote 1

i came up with neg - 4545 but then i am really bad at math maybe i can tell my bankers that why my checkbook is always overdrawn lol lol go rv

You, my friend, have won the prize for the most incorrect answer.

My recommendation: Go see your banker after the RV and let them do the math for you... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Yes great exercise Fishman!!!! Weeded a lot more out than I thought it would. This exercise not only explained simple math for currency rate conversion. But also reading comprehension and shed light as to why there are so many fights, arguments and misunderstandings on this site.

THANK YOU!

Yes great exercise Fishman!!!! Weeded a lot more out than I thought it would. This exercise not only explained simple math for currency rate conversion. But also reading comprehension and shed light as to why there are so many fights, arguments and misunderstandings on this site.

THANK YOU!

Motorco,

I sincerely appreciate your analysis on this lengthy post.

I knew on Sat morning when I posted this that a number of things would be exposed to one's self and to the general audience.

You have stated what I desired. It was more than a math problem that was exposed.

Lack of reading carefully, lack of comprehending, lack of analyzing, and then the attempt to throw stones at me for posting this with careless false assumptions and then attacking me in that I was trying to mislead people was all exposed during the thread.

I stated many times that it was only an exercise with an arbitrary number, included the link for people to refer to, so they could see the rate when it is published by UN, and that I was not trying to downgrade anyone that may have a hard time understanding math. I was actually trying to start a discussion to assist people with the math part of the investment.

SO, Thanks to all who understood the reason for the post and had my back when people started saying that I was trying to mislead people with the spreadsheet which was modified for a math example. I have learned to appreciate a selected few on this forum that have really good intentions. I hope it did assist people in the process.

Thanks to those people, you know who you are.

Nice job fishman ... I tried months ago to show folks that they needed to understand their investment ... you have accomplished that here ... what is really silly is that even after you've gave folks the answer ... they managed to get it incorrect.

I know that you took some heat ... but let me say again GOOD JOB ... and Thanks

Doc31

Thanks for the post!

• Upvote 1

And I will say once again...Great post Fishman!

Amazing how many people just don't know. Hopefully after this excellent exercise, more dinar holders are more educated about their investment.

Thanks again

Cheers

Dave

ps

i stunk out loud at math, but i did understand your point from the get go

The link for the ON Operational Rates of Exchange sheet..

www.un.org/Depts/treasury/2010sep01.xls

Notice nothing in the Iraqi Dinar slot..To confirm is always the best way to determine truth

I didn't read all the posts, but did anyone notice the font is different and the line to the right of the IDQ amount is missing so that was kinda weird post!!!

Yes here is the REAL Link to the sheet off the UN site..

www.un.org/Depts/treasury/2010sep01.xls

Once again they have been fooled

Thanks Fishman, Awsome post...

1,000,000.00 IQD / .1170 = $1,170.00 USD Thats about what we all spent per Miollion IQD investing.

1,000,000.00 IQD / .258 = $3,875,968.90 USD That would be a rate of Apx. $3.87 (For Test exercise only!!!)

1,000,000.00 IQD / .150 = $6,666,666.66 USD That would be a rate of Apx.$6.66 Not a big fan of that number. lol

Anyway thanks again for the good laugh Fishman.