Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Thursday Noontime Opinions - 12:20 PM CDT - 9/15/2022

ronscarpa

Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating  their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... :twothumbs:RON 

*** Nader From The Mid East   I just published a video with...the 5 dinar banknote. [see video below]  But I don't know if it's the real thing or not.  I have no idea.  The guy took the video and sent it to me.  I was excited to see it...and I wanted everybody to see it...the only thing he said, the new notes will not be out before 2023.  We'll see what's going on.  He's my friend.  He's from Iraq.  He works in a bank... 

*** RVAlready  Interesting situation. Sounds more and more that UN will force an agreement for the good of Iraq.

*** Pimpy  [Response toNader's 5 dinar note video shown above]  And the crowd goes wild!  Apparently a new lower denominated dinar is flying around the dinar community.  People are celebrating...If indeed the central bank was issuing five dinar bills well then that would mean the dinar exchange rate would have to be up there high enough to give us some type of value.  Who knows maybe...1 dinar for 1 U.S. dollar.  Maybe 2 U.S. dollars for 1 dinar...if a lower denomination was indeed issued then that would mean that a rate change is coming and that's what everybody's excited about... [Post 1 of 2]

*** Pimpy   [Response to Guru Nader's 5 dinar note video above...]  Let's take a look at it...this is a bill...As a collector this is exactly how I'd love to see it - Nice, flat, crisp, centered, no marks, no folds, nothing and a protector just like this.  But that's just it.  It's a collectable people.  This is from the 1980s.  This is not a new bill...(See eBay - Iraq P-70 5 dinars year 1980 Waterfall Uncirculated Banknote )...it's a beautiful note.  I like the colors but sorry people that is not a new banknote...[Post 2 of 2]

*** Frank26  A picture of a five Iraqi dinar.  Everybody's saying, 'Look there's a new small category note.  There is no zeros on there.  That's a five. All you have to do is look at the batch number.  Blow it up and you can see the batch number and then you'll know exactly those are from the Saddam/Swiss era..[See video above]

:tiphat:

Edited by ronscarpa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

52 minutes ago, ronscarpa said:

*** Nader From The Mid East   I just published a video with...the 5 dinar banknote. [see video below]  But I don't know if it's the real thing or not.  I have no idea.  The guy took the video and sent it to me.  I was excited to see it...and I wanted everybody to see it...the only thing he said, the new notes will not be out before 2023.  We'll see what's going on.  He's my friend.  He's from Iraq.  He works in a bank... 

I have that very same notes in my coin collection.

That note is from the 1970's prior to the issuance of the Sadam Hussien notes.

I also have a lot of Sadam notes that are basically worthless.

I keep them around for conversation pieces only.

None of those older notes have the security features as the new notes.

The older 5 IQD notes had a value equal to USD $21 at one time.

Those notes are now a dead currency.

In early 2004, street venders were selling those notes to GIs while I was a contractor at Camp Liberty.

• Thanks 2
  • Pow! 1