Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sunday Morning Opinions @ 10:01 AM CST - 2/27/2022

ronscarpa

Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... :twothumbs:RON 

*** Pimpy  Question: "How does 1190 or even 1000 [rate for the dinar] give the people more purchasing power?"  The Iraqi people lost 260 dinars [1190 to 1450] in the rate change compared to what it was before...21.8% of their purchasing power was lost...although to you, you're like 'This isn't purchasing power!  This is nothing!' ...If you're living in Iraq and you're trying to budget...and you're not making that much, an increase of 21.8% would be a huge gain to you...the difference between the old rate to the new rate was a loss of 21.8% of their purchasing power.  Bringing it back to the original 1190 would give them back 21.8% of their purchasing power.  [Post 1 of 2....stay tuned]

u*** Mnt Goat  ...While we wait for our event of moving back to FOREX, we are going to hear lots of news on the project to delete the zeros. This is our sign they are finally serious. I believe this must come next...We don’t care about the program rate inside Iraq that was meant to be temporary and is way, way overdue to be reinstated...The current rate of the Iraqi dinar is a FAKE & SURPESSED “program” rate and does not reflect the true and honest VALUE...we are waiting for the time when the TRUE and HONEST VALUE of the dinar is reflected in the rate assigned to it.

:tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

Added @ 12:20 PM CST

*** Pimpy  Let me put it another way...Let's say you're making $1000 a week and then all of a sudden they take away 21.8% of your check.  Now instead of getting $1000/week you get $782/week.  See the difference? ...You're not looking at it through the eyes of an Iraqi person who actually lives off the dinars...somebody takes away 21.8% of your money now you're only making $782 you would notice that.  You would be pissed off.  Imagine they gave that back to you.  How happy you would be.  What could you do with $218 more per week?  ...to you the change from 1190 dinars to 1450 is no big deal so if it comes back to 1190 dinars it's still no big deal to you but it is if you live in Iraq and you live off of the IQD... [Post 2 of 2] See Above..!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

I don't agree often with many of the gurus, but the two pimpy posts are spot on. If you or I had more than 20% of our take home siphoned off, it would hurt. The point being if more than simply giving back that 20%, the CBI were to increase the value of every Iraqi's paycheck by 50 or even 100% it would spur economic growth tremendously. At first your average citizen would see the vast array of imported goods they can now afford, which would drive domestic production; given the business climate is appropriate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 3

32 minutes ago, Fimum said:

I don't agree often with many of the gurus, but the two pimpy posts are spot on. If you or I had more than 20% of our take home siphoned off, it would hurt. The point being if more than simply giving back that 20%, the CBI were to increase the value of every Iraqi's paycheck by 50 or even 100% it would spur economic growth tremendously. At first your average citizen would see the vast array of imported goods they can now afford, which would drive domestic production; given the business climate is appropriate.

I agree, giving Iraqi's more spending power will not only spur growth but will NOW attract investment. A worthless Dinar makes it difficult to purchase goods and services and will not drive the economy onward and upward. (which has been proven time in time out)

Iraq needs to start now and engage the international community and open the doors to whom ever wishes to enter, not just the BIG corporations, and, begin to enjoy an economy not based soley on oil.

Creating jobs in other sectors and industry will diversify their economy and bring in other soarces of income, for example, tourism is slooowly making it's way back as there are many YouTube videos pertaining to this. 

Let's see how this unfolds but one thing is for sure, "rate change" news in pretty much on the daily docket these days. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

I agree, giving Iraqi's more spending power will not only spur growth but will NOW attract investment. A worthless Dinar makes it difficult to purchase goods and services and will not drive the economy onward and upward. (which has been proven time in time out)

Iraq needs to start now and engage the international community and open the doors to whom ever wishes to enter, not just the BIG corporations, and, begin to enjoy an economy not based soley on oil.

Creating jobs in other sectors and industry will diversify their economy and bring in other soarces of income, for example, tourism is slooowly making it's way back as there are many YouTube videos pertaining to this. 

Let's see how this unfolds but one thing is for sure, "rate change" news in pretty much on the daily docket these days. 

Also I would like to add on that, when people have money they’re happier and they are more likely to have fun then blow up buildings and people.

Go money go fun go happy people.

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 5