Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Former U.S. Presidents And First Ladies Promote Vaccine In New Ads

Reuters

Former U.S. presidents Obama, Bush, Clinton, Carter and First Ladies promote vaccine in new advertisements

604a18049505d732ff68819b_o_U_v2.jpg
Scroll back up to restore default view.
Sheila Dang
Thu, March 11, 2021, 12:06 AM

By Sheila Dang

(Reuters) - Former U.S. Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter will star in two new public service announcements (PSA) for the coronavirus vaccine alongside former First Ladies Michelle Obama, Laura Bush, Hillarious Clinton and Rosalynn Carter, the Ad Council announced on Thursday.

"The science is clear. These vaccines will protect you and those you love from this dangerous and deadly disease," said President Bush in one of the PSAs with Obama and Clinton, urging Americans to get vaccinated.

"That's the first step to ending the pandemic and moving our country forward," said Obama.

Noticeably absent in the vaccine PSAs, created by nonprofit the Ad Council, are former President Donald Trump and Melania Trump. During his run for re-election last year, Trump widely touted his administration's role in bringing a vaccine to market.

When asked about Trump's absence, a spokesman for the Ad Council said one of the PSAs was filmed at President Joe Biden's inauguration in January, which Trump did not attend.

The spokesman added the organization was pleased when Trump recently advised Americans to "go get your shot" after receiving the vaccine.

The new ads are part of the Ad Council's nationwide vaccine education campaign titled "It's Up To You." More than 300 partners are supporting the nonprofit in the effort to battle hesitancy about the vaccine's safety and help convince more people to get the shot.

A second PSA features each of the presidents and First Ladies wearing masks and receiving a dose of the vaccine.

"Now it's up to you," Carter says in the ad.

https://news.yahoo.com/former-u-presidents-obama-bush-050637661.html

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:
Reuters

Former U.S. presidents Obama, Bush, Clinton, Carter and First Ladies promote vaccine in new advertisements

604a18049505d732ff68819b_o_U_v2.jpg
Scroll back up to restore default view.

Sheila Dang
Thu, March 11, 2021, 12:06 AM

By Sheila Dang

(Reuters) - Former U.S. Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter will star in two new public service announcements (PSA) for the coronavirus vaccine alongside former First Ladies Michelle Obama, Laura Bush, Hillarious Clinton and Rosalynn Carter, the Ad Council announced on Thursday.

"The science is clear. These vaccines will protect you and those you love from this dangerous and deadly disease," said President Bush in one of the PSAs with Obama and Clinton, urging Americans to get vaccinated.

"That's the first step to ending the pandemic and moving our country forward," said Obama.

Noticeably absent in the vaccine PSAs, created by nonprofit the Ad Council, are former President Donald Trump and Melania Trump. During his run for re-election last year, Trump widely touted his administration's role in bringing a vaccine to market.

When asked about Trump's absence, a spokesman for the Ad Council said one of the PSAs was filmed at President Joe Biden's inauguration in January, which Trump did not attend.

The spokesman added the organization was pleased when Trump recently advised Americans to "go get your shot" after receiving the vaccine.

The new ads are part of the Ad Council's nationwide vaccine education campaign titled "It's Up To You." More than 300 partners are supporting the nonprofit in the effort to battle hesitancy about the vaccine's safety and help convince more people to get the shot.

A second PSA features each of the presidents and First Ladies wearing masks and receiving a dose of the vaccine.

"Now it's up to you," Carter says in the ad.

https://news.yahoo.com/former-u-presidents-obama-bush-050637661.html

GO RV, then BV

What a bunch of pigs .... they had nothing to do with warp speed yet they’re in the PSA 

they’re  crooked and corrupt and don’t have enough class to give credit where credit is due 

absolutely disgusting 

• Pow! 2

19 minutes ago, Shelley said:

What a bunch of pigs .... they had nothing to do with warp speed yet they’re in the PSA 

they’re  crooked and corrupt and don’t have enough class to give credit where credit is due 

absolutely disgusting 

45 and and his wife could have been in one of the PSA's....they just needed to attend President Biden's inauguration, as that's when a PSA was filmed.  It says it in the article.

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Besides, the PSA's are to encourage folks to actually get the vaccine, not tout how it came about.  Everybody knows DJT was instrumental in providing resources to get the vaccines developed in record time.  Nobody disputes that.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

45 and and his wife could have been in one of the PSA's....they just needed to attend President Biden's inauguration, as that's when a PSA was filmed.  It says it in the article.

GO RV, then BV

It says one of the PSA’s was done the day of Inauguration , they should have paid respect to the people in charge of warp speed .

that was completely disgusting 

doesn’t mention Pence being in it ? He was there and part of the warp speed team 

pure garbage !!!!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Shelley said:

It says one of the PSA’s was done the day of Inauguration , they should have paid respect to the people in charge of warp speed .

that was completely disgusting 

doesn’t mention Pence being in it ? He was there and part of the warp speed team 

pure garbage !!!!

Have you gotten the vaccine yet?....and if not, will you get it when it's your turn, and which variety would you prefer?  We're scheduled to get ours next week....hoping for the J&J vaccine, one and done.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious

Have you gotten the vaccine yet?....and if not, will you get it when it's your turn, and which variety would you prefer?

GO RV, then BV

J&J when age appropriate, also gives me time to see reactions to it 

Have you gotten the vaccine yet?....and if not, will you get it when it's your turn, and which variety would you prefer?

GO RV, then BV

No

No

None.

I have had CV-19.

Getting a vaccjne that can cause worse effects is not smart.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

No

No

None.

I have had CV-19.

Getting a vaccjne that can cause worse effects is not smart.

I’m highly allergic to few things so I’m extremely Leary of getting it , the only way I positively get it is if they stop me from traveling back and forth to Texas , I can’t give up my daughter and grandkids I’ve been going every other month 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, caddieman said:

Got the first shot of the  moderna vaccine Friday. Sore arm at the injection sight for two days is all. I here the second shot is the one that gets you the most.

Good luck...My folks, age 82 and 79 got both Pfiser shots over the last month, sore arms only.  My dad can't get flu shots because of allergies, but this was fine.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 2