Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Jesus Didn't Condemn, So We Shouldn't Either

Markinsa

Mark I've not listened to your sermon but Jesus did condemn.  He condemed the Pharisees, the Scibes the legalist and everyone that didn't believe.  God also condemned and brought about immediate judgement on many.  I'll listen to this tomorrow after church but I just don't have the time right now........you are correct tho, I know I should be more tolerable!  I take this subject as you speaking to me......our conscience has a way of searing.

Edited by learning all i can
  • Thanks 1

Proverbs 25:26 New International Version (NIV)

26 Like a muddied spring or a polluted well
    are the righteous who give way to the wicked.

New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica

Proverbs 27:5 New International Version (NIV)

Better is open rebuke
    than hidden love.

It is OK to rail against or condemn me. No problem. I just CAN NOT sit idly by and watch others being accosted for standing in the right or being contested for standing in the right.

• Thanks 1

Mark, did YOU actually put in Luke 18:9-14 as noted beginning around the 3:00 mark???!!!

Luke 18:9-14 New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector

To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Hey, what about the first 8 verses of Luke 18:

Luke 18:1-8 New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Persistent Widow

18 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought.And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’

“For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’”

And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Synopsis said:

Mark, did YOU actually put in Luke 18:9-14 as noted beginning around the 3:00 mark???!!!

Yeah, that's me, we have EasyWorship software that allows us to put scriptures on the Big Screens so the congregation can read it, without having to worry about turning to the scriptures in their Bibles.  Our Pastor has the Bible memorized.  He's not reading those Scriptures from notes, he's pulling them from memory. :lol:  Amazing!

-

• Thanks 1

Just one more thought here before bedtime.  " There is no condemnatuion in those that believe.".  But Jesus certainly delivered much condemnation on the legalism, Pharisees and Scibes even calling the sons of the devil.  I'm sure I need to listen to this sermon before I truely jump in but in my immediate thought to the title these things jump out at me.....I may be wrong, I have not looked at the Scripture and re-read my thoughts

barb

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

Yeah, that's me, we have EasyWorship software that allows us to put scriptures on the Big Screens so the congregation can read it, without having to worry about turning to the scriptures in their Bibles.  Our Pastor has the Bible memorized.  He's not reading those Scriptures from notes, he's pulling them from memory. :lol:  Amazing!

-

:twothumbs: MarkInSA AND Enjoy Worship AND Fellowship tomorrow!!! :backflip:

41 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

Just one more thought here before bedtime.  " There is no condemnatuion in those that believe.".  But Jesus certainly delivered much condemnation on the legalism, Pharisees and Scibes even calling the sons of the devil.  I'm sure I need to listen to this sermon before I truely jump in but in my immediate thought to the title these things jump out at me.....I may be wrong, I have not looked at the Scripture and re-read my thoughts

barb

Big difference with False Teachers. The Apostle Paul was VERY specific about addressing even rebuking them.

Titus 1:10-16 New International Version (NIV)

Rebuking Those Who Fail to Do Good

10 For there are many rebellious people, full of meaningless talk and deception, especially those of the circumcision group. 11 They must be silenced, because they are disrupting whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach—and that for the sake of dishonest gain.12 One of Crete’s own prophets has said it: “Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons.”[a] 13 This saying is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith 14 and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the merely human commands of those who reject the truth. 15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

Footnotes:

1. Titus 1:12 From the Cretan philosopher Epimenides

1 Timothy 1:3-11 New International Version (NIV)

Timothy Charged to Oppose False Teachers

As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith. The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk. They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.

We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

2 Peter 2:1-3 New International Version (NIV)

False Teachers and Their Destruction

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

I certainly DO NOT wish any ill will on anyone ESPECIALLY for ETERNITY AND confront the false teachers because "The goal of this command is love".

• Thanks 1

very good Sermon Mark.  After listening tho I felt it was more about reconciliation than condemnation.  We are to love others enough to share the "good news"  so all will hear, not wishing any to damnation.  Once that seed has been planted then God works within that person or all that He has called.  I considered 1Corinthian and felt he was speaking about falling from the church,. We are to try to reconcile and restore such individuals not only to the church but help them to restore their relationship with God.  I believe in excommunication because the Bible calls for it as your pastor indicated but as he said :  many Churches no longer abide by this.

i have to Agree with Synopsis here. There is a huge difference in condemnation and reconciliation.  

the Great Commission that Jesus called for each of us was to go out and preach the gospel  of Christ to all that may hear...every Nation, all people, Jew and gentile..  but Matthew 10:14 tells us to shake the dust off our feet when it is not welcome.  Of course he was speaking to His disciples but I believe it was for us also.

i do believe that I tend to let myself become aggrevated when I realize that one does not pay one iota to God's word.  I also know that I am persistent which usually lead to me voicing some things I probably should keep to myself. 

Not too long after I was saved, I prayed for boldness that I would not deny but be able to speak to others about our Lord.  This is a answered prayer.  Now I pray for kindness in doing so and not getting agitated.  Everyday is a struggle, knowing my (our) gratest desire is to please Him that knew me before the foundation of the world.....I also desire that all will come to know His true Word and and take the precious gift of salvation that He has offered .

thankyou for sharing your Pastor  sermon.  I couldn't see the video but it sounded  like you had some God fearing folks there that love our Lord.

barb

hey Mark, if you will give some more rubies than I get for my daily allotment, I will promise to never give out another ruby....lol

barb

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Go ahead and google what is the number one magazine in the world.  Gee guess what comes up?  That is right.  The Watchtower magazine.  MORE people than ever are coming to a true knowledge of God than ever before.  The light is shining brighter and brighter.

@Botzwana  Please forgive me, but I believe you are on the wrong path, and you are correct 20 million people is not a cult, but a great loss to the Kingdom of God.  The Jehovah's Witnesses has gone to great lengths to hide the changes they have made to the Bible and promote ungodly teachings.  You and the rest of the JW are in my prayers.

[2Co 11:3-4 NASB] 3 But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity [of devotion] to Christ. 4 For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you bear [this] beautifully.

[Rev 22:18-21 NASB] 18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book. 20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. 21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.

Jehovah's Witnesses, Jesus and the Holy Trinity

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

i have to Agree with Synopsis here. There is a huge difference in condemnation and reconciliation.  

the Great Commission that Jesus called for each of us was to go out and preach the gospel  of Christ to all that may hear...every Nation, all people, Jew and gentile..  but Matthew 10:14 tells us to shake the dust off our feet when it is not welcome.  Of course he was speaking to His disciples but I believe it was for us also.

i do believe that I tend to let myself become aggrevated when I realize that one does not pay one iota to God's word.  I also know that I am persistent which usually lead to me voicing some things I probably should keep to myself. 

Not too long after I was saved, I prayed for boldness that I would not deny but be able to speak to others about our Lord.  This is a answered prayer.  Now I pray for kindness in doing so and not getting agitated.  Everyday is a struggle, knowing my (our) gratest desire is to please Him that knew me before the foundation of the world.....I also desire that all will come to know His true Word and and take the precious gift of salvation that He has offered .

thankyou for sharing your Pastor  sermon.  I couldn't see the video but it sounded  like you had some God fearing folks there that love our Lord.

barb

hey Mark, if you will give some more rubies than I get for my daily allotment, I will promise to never give out another ruby....lol

barb

Good morning Barb,

I think we when we are dealing with the lost, we have to take into account their current condition and not take offense to anything they do.  Pastor Bruce does a great job speaking about Forgiveness,  I am leaving a link for that sermon as well as a the link to the Church's Sermons.  We do not video record the sermons yet.

Have You Really Forgiven

The City of Refuge - Sermons Page

YBIC,

Mark

P.S.  Don't worry about the Rubies, I don't. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

Good morning Barb,

I think we when we are dealing with the lost, we have to take into account their current condition and not take offense to anything they do.  Pastor Bruce does a great job speaking about Forgiveness,  I am leaving a link for that sermon as well as a the link to the Church's Sermons.  We do not video record the sermons yet.

Have You Really Forgiven

The City of Refuge - Sermons Page

YBIC,

Mark

P.S.  Don't worry about the Rubies, I don't. :)

I meant to say give me more greenies so I can give out to others..not for myself if you would then I would never give out another ruby.  Not even to peoplele that really make me boil.  Yep, trying  to keep this little temper of mine under control...one step at a time😉

I will listen after church.  Thanks

• Thanks 1

One of the biggest misinterpretations is the line in the bible about not judging others and this would refer to condemnation as well. Jesus as a man judged continuously and he condemned plenty. Take for example the situation in Temple where he became angry and overturned the merchants' tables. First, he judged them as committing whatever because they were doing business in a sacred place. He then let his condemnation be known when he took action to flip the tables. Man, or people will be people. You cannot know good from evil without judging and then condemning the actions of evil. For it is through judgment we guide ourselves along the path and it is condemnation that we guide others along their's when they need help. To say Jesus never condemned is one of the biggest falsities Christians evangelicals perpetrate onto the rest of the world. The Bible states the government should judge potential criminals. Governments are made of people. And those people must condemn every day or every criminal would be freed to roam the streets. Bah! 

• Thanks 1

Jesus didn't judge while he was in the world, and if he didn't judge, how can he condemn?  You see the World had been condemned from the beginning, so why would he need to condemn it a second time?  See the verses below.

[Jhn 12:44-50 NASB] 44 And Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me, does not believe in Me but in Him who sent Me. 45 "He who sees Me sees the One who sent Me. 46 "I have come [as] Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness. 47 "If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day. 49 "For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment [as to] what to say and what to speak. 50 "I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me."

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

Jesus didn't judge while he was in the world, and if he didn't judge, how can he condemn?  You see the World had been condemned from the beginning, so why would he need to condemn it a second time?  See the verses below.

[Jhn 12:44-50 NASB] 44 And Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me, does not believe in Me but in Him who sent Me. 45 "He who sees Me sees the One who sent Me. 46 "I have come [as] Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness. 47 "If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day. 49 "For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment [as to] what to say and what to speak. 50 "I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me."

Anytime Jesus spoke disapproval of something publicly, he condemned it. Case in point, the stoning of Mary Magdelene.

Anytime Jesus chose one thing over another, he judged it. We make judgments every single day about this or that and even people.  

As a man Jesus was fallible and was thus at the whims of the nature of man. He judged and condemned and it is false to say otherwise because even the text in the bible shows us that he did so publicly and privately.   

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Theseus said:

Anytime Jesus spoke disapproval of something publicly, he condemned it. Case in point, the stoning of Mary Magdelene.

Anytime Jesus chose one thing over another, he judged it. We make judgments every single day about this or that and even people.  

As a man Jesus was fallible and was thus at the whims of the nature of man. He judged and condemned and it is false to say otherwise because even the text in the bible shows us that he did so publicly and privately.   

I'm not going to debate with you, these things, hopefully you read the scripture I provided.  Jesus stated his purpose for coming, I don't know what to say, if you feel his actions don't correspond to what you believe he actually did.

• Thanks 1