Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hacked!

quantumgal

53 minutes ago, quantumgal said:

Hi.  Another hacking incident happened in mt Dad's company.  Once again, confidential information of his clients were put to risk.  What do you think is the best way to keep off these hackers?  Any suggestions?  

Have a meeting with whoever is in charge of your IT System and find out if they are qualified to setup a hack free network.  if they aren't, find someone who is and pay the extra money it's going to cost to protect the company and its customers.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, moose 57 said:

if it was me Muleslayer, I would be calling You!!!

Thanks brother! In today's world I do not need to be on sight to help.

so cost is relatively low. I will help you quntumgal.

but this is beginning to smack of me soliciting adam's users. This is not my intent.

I am serious about helping.

so let's drop it there in this forum.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

Thanks brother! In today's world I do not need to be on sight to help.

so cost is relatively low. I will help you quntumgal.

but this is beginning to smack of me soliciting adam's users. This is not my intent.

I am serious about helping.

so let's drop it there in this forum.

It's always nice to know someone who specializes in what they do. 

My nephew's passion is computers and he has remotely taken

over mine a few times and fixed my screw-ups!!! Now i have to

have him do it again.(I have a hard enough time just copying and pasting)!!!

Edited by moose 57
  • Upvote 1

If it is connected to the internet, it can be externally hacked.

If a human created it, a human can break it.

Nothing, I repeat nothing, in this world today is completely hack proof. The best thing to do is to set up confidential information on a system that does not connect to the internet. Or go back to paper files. Paper files are much harder to hack but they too can be hacked. 

Thanks for the love and hate guys. LOL- Anyway, My dad's company is relatively small. And our IT personnel had done his job quite a bit. :) He mentioned that he performed the following steps.

1. reformatting, run scans, turning on and off the computers, updated anti- malware, and downloaded threat and vulnerability intelligence, etc. I forgot the others, but still I do not understand why we were still under threat despite of these actions.

Thanks for the suggestions and PM! I will read your advice one by one and suggest it to the in charge personnel. 

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:10 AM, Muleslayer said:

Buy a sonic wall for physical intrusion. And a barracuda spam and antivirus firewall for email.

if you need help contact me. It is one of the things I do for a living.

it's a scary world out there anymore. I'm Comptia Security + certified - and I have to admit, after this last training session, I'm doing things on the home network I never considered before. WEP of course, firewall enabled on the cable modem,  router now has MAC filtering, limited IP pool, no guest accounts, no smart TVs - and the WII and Xbox are cable connected to the router. That's just for home!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tankdude said:

it's a scary world out there anymore. I'm Comptia Security + certified - and I have to admit, after this last training session, I'm doing things on the home network I never considered before. WEP of course, firewall enabled on the cable modem,  router now has MAC filtering, limited IP pool, no guest accounts, no smart TVs - and the WII and Xbox are cable connected to the router. That's just for home!

One ata boy for tankdude!

the 11th commandment "cover thine own Azz!!

• Upvote 2