Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq to join the Convention on the transparency of the arbitration between investors and states

yota691

Iraq to join the Convention on the transparency of the arbitration between investors and states

Iraq joined the Convention on the transparency of the arbitration between investors and states

one hour ago

Twilight News National Investment Commission / reported on Wednesday it had signed an agreement on transparency in the arbitration treaty-based investor-State 2014 at UN headquarters in New York, US.

Body said in a statement responded to the Twilight News, the president signed Sami Raouf al-Araji, a representative of the Republic of Iraq on Monday to the Convention, where Iraq is the second Arab country to accede to the Convention, which was preceded by her eighteen countries in the world. 

The statement quoted al-Araji, saying, "This agreement is an important message and clear to the world that Iraq is a major hub in the Middle East for investment and reconstruction and construction," noting that "this agreement adopted by the United Nations to save the rights transparently in the event of a conflict between investors and states."

He stated that "Iraq has issued a number of regulations that protect the investor and capital that want to operate in the country, particularly the Investment Law No. 13 of 2006, as amended, which carries a lot of features and protection for investors, as well as important bilateral international conventions and signed by Iraq and a number of countries ".

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, tigergorzow said:

Yota,Thanks, This is good news will definitely give Investors more confidence in this agreement Iraq have signed with UN.  Move forward and git er done!!

I agree tiger. bribery was basically a given in Iraq and had been for decades. Maybe, just maybe Iraq is ready to join the real world of business " rthics "

pp

• Upvote 3

, 2017

Iraq joins Investment Transparency and Arbitration Agreement

6:12 PM  ADMIN  

Transparency-1200x762_c.png
Baghdad/ Iraq TradeLink: Iraqi National Investment Commission announced joining the Investment Transparency and Arbitration Agreement of 2014 at the UN headquarters in New York.

Iraq is the second Arab country that join this agreement, where only 18 countries only signed it before Iraq.

In a statement, the Commission said that this signature proves that Iraq has become a  major center in the Middle East for investments and reconstruction.

This agreement will preserve the rights if any conflict arises between the investors and states.

Posted in: Baghdad,Economy
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, tigergorzow said:

DV,  A lot of work and progress is definitely going on behind the scenes and it will continue as Iraq return to the "World Stage" & most importantly have a recognized International Currency with a True Rate...:):D

GO  Iraq

GO RV

**International Currency with a True Rate.**

I can work with that !!

pp

• Upvote 2

History of edits:: 2/15/2017 20:10 • 305 visits readable
Iraq joined the Convention on the transparency between investors and states
{Baghdad: Euphrates News} National Investment Commission announced on Wednesday it had signed an agreement on transparency in the arbitration treaty-based investor-State in 2014 at the United Nations headquarters in New York.
The authority said in a statement the agency {Euphrates News} received a copy of it today that its president , Sami Raouf Al - Araji was signed, a representative of the Republic of Iraq on Monday to the Convention, where Iraq is the second Arab country to accede to the Convention , which was preceded by her eighteen countries in the world. 
The statement quoted al - Araji , was quoted as saying , "This agreement is an important message and clear to the world that Iraq is a major hub in the Middle East for investment and reconstruction and construction , " noting that "this agreement adopted by the United Nations to save the rights transparently in the event of a conflict between investors and states." 
He said that "Iraq has issued a number of regulations that protect the investor and capital that want to operate in the country, particularly the Investment Law No. 13 of 2006, as amended , which carries a lot of features and protection for investors, as well as important international and bilateral agreements signed by Iraq and a number of countries . " .is over

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, yota691 said:
History of edits:: 2/15/2017 20:10 • 305 visits readable
Iraq joined the Convention on the transparency between investors and states
{Baghdad: Euphrates News} National Investment Commission announced on Wednesday it had signed an agreement on transparency in the arbitration treaty-based investor-State in 2014 at the United Nations headquarters in New York.
The authority said in a statement the agency {Euphrates News} received a copy of it today that its president , Sami Raouf Al - Araji was signed, a representative of the Republic of Iraq on Monday to the Convention, where Iraq is the second Arab country to accede to the Convention , which was preceded by her eighteen countries in the world. 
The statement quoted al - Araji , was quoted as saying , "This agreement is an important message and clear to the world that Iraq is a major hub in the Middle East for investment and reconstruction and construction , " noting that "this agreement adopted by the United Nations to save the rights transparently in the event of a conflict between investors and states." 
He said that "Iraq has issued a number of regulations that protect the investor and capital that want to operate in the country, particularly the Investment Law No. 13 of 2006, as amended , which carries a lot of features and protection for investors, as well as important international and bilateral agreements signed by Iraq and a number of countries . " .is over

Article 8 I see you coming soon, maybe in the next few weeks.

• Upvote 2

The last article speaks volumes to me. I like the phrase, "The statement quoted al - Araji , was quoted as saying , "This agreement is an important message and clear to the world that Iraq ismajor hub in the Middle East for investment and reconstruction and construction"

I suspect this announcement made by the Iraqi National Investment Commission was not made in a vacuum or solely by Iraq. Instead, I suspect there have been many agreements by Iraq with many countries to make this international investment a solid reality. As such, one of the key pieces is for Iraq to ascend to a full member of the World Trade Organization to kick the reconstruction and construction into high gear to raise the standard of living of the Iraqi citizens and avert impoverished sectarian strife fueled by outside entities such as Iran. If I understand correctly, Iraq needs an internationally recognized and traded currency to ascend to the WTO. So, provided there are no major issues and the remaining elements are put into place (such as the HCL) quickly, I suspect the IQD RV is not that far off.

Just my opinion and :twocents:

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 4

Iraq joins the transparency in the arbitration agreement between investors and states

economy

Since 18/02/2017 14:01 pm (Baghdad time)

41.jpg

Baghdad balances News

The Iraqi National Investment Commission, Saturday, on transparency in the arbitration agreement promissory between investors and states.

The head of the Sami al-Araji, said in a statement / balance News / received a copy of it, that "the Commission signed a transparency agreement in the arbitration promissory between investors and states, at United Nations Headquarters in New York City," noting that "bringing Iraq's second Arab state acceded to this agreement which preceded it 18 countries in the world. "

He said al-Araji, that "the signing of the agreement represents an important signal to the international arena that Iraq is committed to all the rules of transparency in international arbitration in case of dispute between the investors and the states," and expressed hope that "Iraq is essential to attracting capital and center."

He explained, "The agreement means all contracts between states and investors will come into effect some of the entry of two other members, you also need to the Iraqi parliament's approval."

He said the President of the Commission, that "there are steps that must precede resort to international arbitration which, compromise and domestic courts, such as the Commercial Court in Iraq and the Court of investment soon, in the absence of conviction decision can resort to international arbitration," explaining that "it is in the interest of both parties state and the investor. "

He pointed out that "this agreement is one of the five agreements we signed earlier, the legislative and the environment in Iraq became one of the best in the region and is an important message to reassure investors that his rights reserved and respect for the application of the results of international arbitration."

And on the differences between the Kurdistan Regional Government and the company Dana Gas, Araji said: "I have no comment, because I do not know the privacy of the contract between the Kurdistan region and Dana, and I apologize for the answer to this question is that I did not have the clarity of vision and science and privileges parties rights."

He stressed that "any economic or administrative reform against corruption always welcome by the central government and the Kurdistan Regional Government and the governments of the region process, and this is a fundamental goal we all strive to attract big investors and give more space for building and reconstruction through local and international Alasttmarin" .anthy 29 / A 43

• Upvote 1