Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Warren barred from speaking on Senate floor for rest of Sessions debate

An encouraging sign that the Senate Republicans are beginning to grow a pair.  I hope muzzling Liawatha is just the start.  RV ME

Warren barred from speaking on Senate floor for rest of Sessions debate

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., was prohibited Tuesday night from speaking on the Senate floor for the rest of the debate over Sen. Jeff Sessions' nomination to be attorney general.

The drama began when Warren, quoting a 30-year-old letter by civil rights leader Coretta Scott King, referred to the Alabama Republican as a "disgrace." King's letter was written in 1986, when Sessions was nominated to the federal bench, but was never confirmed. 

King also wrote that when acting as a federal prosecutor, Sessions used his power to "chill the free exercise of the vote by black citizens."

Warren's reference drew the ire of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who said that Warren had "impugned the motives of our colleague from Alabama."

Sen. Steve Daines, R-Mont. then advised Warren that she was out of order under Rule 19 of the Senate, which states that "no Senator in debate shall, directly or indirectly, by any form of words impute to another Senator or to other Senators any conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming a Senator."

After a few parliamentary moves, McConnell called for a vote to affirm Daines' ruling that Warren was out of order. The GOP-controlled Senate backed him up 49-43 before defeating a Democratic effort to restore Warren's speaking privileges, 50-43.

"She was warned, she was given an explanation," McConnell said of Warren. "Nevertheless, she persisted."

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., said in a statement that McConnell's action was "selective enforcement" of Rule 19.

"Senate Republicans have regularly flaunted Rule XIX in the past – but Republicans never asked them to sit down," said Schumer, who went on to point out that McConnell didn't object when Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, called him a liar in a 2015 dustup.

Sessions is expected to be confirmed when the full Senate votes on his nomination later this week. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/07/warren-barred-from-speaking-on-senate-floor-for-rest-sessions-debate.html

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Censorship.....the cornerstone of this great nation.  :blink:  ....said every dictatorial regime ever.  :o

GO RV, then BV

So you endorse the SOP of Democrats who don’t believe that rules should apply to them.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, RV ME said:

So you endorse the SOP of Democrats who don’t believe that rules should apply to them.

She was trying to read a relevant letter....what part of that is unbecoming of an American Senator?   Had the tables been turned and it was a Republican being stifled, I would feel the same way.   Debate and free speech is a critical part of what makes US great.  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

She was trying to read a relevant letter....what part of that is unbecoming of an American Senator?  

Not relevant.... character assassination based on hearsay without merit nor proof.  Personal "feelings" are not admissible.

Sorry Mrs. King.  You drank someone's Kool-Aid years ago and fired off that letter without concrete evidence.

Had the tables been turned and it was a Republican being stifled, I would feel the same way.  

Now why would anyone here believe THAT about you...?

Debate and free speech is a critical part of what makes US great.  :shrug:

You'd think, right...?  So why does your team walk out of Confirmation Hearings, boycott Inaugurations and

refuse to enter into dialogue with the sitting Administration or even discuss re-working a failing ho'bummer-lack-o'-care

Got any harsh words for THEM this morning?

Let's hear it !

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, patrickgold said:

She was ruled out of order under Article 19, they voted and she lost.  She was warned but continue. She choice to break the rules.  She should of known better, but with this party they only follow the laws, rules of their choice.  The rules apply to all, not just a few. 

Exactly -- harry reid the demon seed invokes a nuclear option in order to hijack our court system in favour of the globalists,

and yet, when the other side even mentions using that option, they have hissy fits that would make a 3-year old blush !

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

She was trying to read a relevant letter....what part of that is unbecoming of an American Senator?   Had the tables been turned and it was a Republican being stifled, I would feel the same way.   Debate and free speech is a critical part of what makes US great.  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

I sure don’t remember hearing that from you when Obummer was President and the Dems were forcing Obummercare down our throats without any debate.  Unless you can point to where you objected to this fiasco, your selective objections belie your claim for fairness. 

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

Exactly -- harry reid the demon seed invokes a nuclear option in order to hijack our court system in favour of the globalists,

and yet, when the other side even mentions using that option, they have hissy fits that would make a 3-year old blush !

I've never witness such childish actions.  Now that the republicans have the upper hand, they will push the laws, rules by the Constitution, and its going to raise eyebrows from the other side. The pouting, whining, lies, crying will increase till they have their way. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

Oh, shabs -- you poor ignorant devil, you ----

In the context of your team-evil boycotting ...  your kommon kore is showing again.

We pay our Representatives who work for US to do a job,

your team is NOT doing their job.

You really should stop with the kommon kore thing.....RV ME just stated he is younger than me and attended public school....so by default that would make him and every public educated member here younger than me, a kommon kore dufus.  In this case you can't cherry pick.  :jester:

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, RV ME said:

I sure don’t remember hearing that from you when Obummer was President and the Dems were forcing Obummercare down our throats without any debate.  Unless you can point to where you objected to this fiasco, your selective objections belie your claim for fairness. 

The burden of proof lies with you.....the accuser.  B)

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

shabs -- your lack of understanding and level of comprehension is CLASSIC kommon kore.

It's because of your kind that it was even able to gain a foothold in our schools systems to begin with.

WE BLAME YOU LEFTISTS AND YOUR DEEP IGNORANCE.

Big deal.....you do a lot of blaming and very little fixing.  You're just another lost conspiratorial soul in a sea of aluminum foil hats.  :(

GO RV, then BV

3 minutes ago, patrickgold said:

Awww and I thought you were going to give us a descent reply...so we can participate in a dialogue with you. ;)

You've proven yourself better than this, Patrick.....don't belittle your status.  So please, tell me what part of my response to RV ME is incorrect.  B)

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious

5 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Big deal.....you do a lot of blaming and very little fixing.  

You have NO earthly idea how hard we work to better this Country's condition, shabs.

So now you're just lasing out in a hissy slap fight with yourself.

You're just another lost conspiratorial soul in a sea of aluminum foil hats.  :(

Call us what you will --- we are The Patriots making a difference - DAILY - in turning back your red tide.

Besides, our numbers are clearly evident by whose sitting in The Oval Office right now...

we're not alone in our effort -- regardless of what your demented side wants to call us...

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ

If anyone had been following the Sessions Senate Confirmation hearing, you would have noticed that Senator Ted Cruz ripped the Dems a new one for bringing the hearsay slanderous content that was brought out to libel and de-rail Session's confirmation earlier in his career. Through Alabama judicial and investigation hearings it was later deemed that none of this garbage had any merit.

Senator Warren was basically trying to read from this same pile of garbage. The Senate did the right thing and told her to put a sock in it.

Now there are some on this forum who are on the wrong side of this argument and I will have you know, you are on the wrong side and your true colors are being shown. If you think this is acceptable behavior by your pals and gals on the Left, keep it up. The rest of us common folk are beginning to wake up and see the current leadership in the Democrat party as unhinged and off their rockers.

Indy

Edited by Indraman
  • Upvote 3