Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

'Yes we did': Barack Obama lifts America one last time in emotional farewell

Outgoing president gives proud account of his eight years in office – and pays moving tribute to Michelle, ‘wife, mother of my children and best friend’

David Smith in Chicago

Wednesday 11 January 2017 07.31 GMT

Vid in link

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/11/yes-we-did-obama-lifts-up-america-one-last-time-in-emotional-farewell-speech

Obama was inadequate. But America will miss him – video

Barack Obama’s presidency, sandwiched between those of George W Bush and Donald J Trump, will be missed by many Americans, says Gary Younge. But, he argues, ‘could be worse’ is poor rhetorical compensation for ‘yes we can’. Since Obama was simultaneously the best man for the job and insufficient, he says, the American political system is by definition in crisis

Presidents undoing their predecessor’s legacy: an American tradition

Gary Younge, Leah Green and Bruno Rinvolucri, theguardian.com

Wednesday 11 January 2017 07.00 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2017/jan/11/obama-was-inadequate-but-america-will-miss-him-video

"YES WE DID"... definitely destroyed the middle class.  "YES WE DID" woke up the evil of division.  "YES WE DID" destroyed healthcare for many. "YES WE DID" destroyed relationships with our allies. "YES WE DID" created the most scandals in American history. 

In with the trash, out with the trash...:trash2:  :trash:

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, patrickgold said:

Are you serious on these numbers, because that last time I look my neighbors, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, friends, ex-co-workers are all unemployed.:facepalm2:

Sorry to hear that. I have many clients who are trying to hire. Their biggest complaint? No one wants to work. They say millennials are the worst.

Here's a link...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-jobs-report-december-2016-130636452.html

Edited by bostonangler

2 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Sorry to hear that. I have many clients who are trying to hire. Their biggest complaint? No one wants to work. They say millennials are to worst.

What're YOU squawkin' about....? those are the darling little snowflakes YOUR ILK BUILT  !

Congratulations on sabotaging your own Country with your lefty idiot-ology !

Wow. <_<

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Sorry to hear that. I have many clients who are trying to hire. Their biggest complaint? No one wants to work. They say millennials are the worst.

Here's a link...

Your charts are not accurate enough for me,  no telling if these jobs are full time or part time. Part-timers lose benefits, different pay scale.  Not enough to keep the economy going. 

• Upvote 2

***///  United States Military Veterans don't "take" (like you lefties do) ----

We GIVE.

During a life of proud service, and paying INTO our retirement for YEARS,

we have only what we put in... and the rest comes from HARD WORK.... OUR HARD WORK.

We "take" nothing but THAT HILL !

Well we took the hill so you could sit here, be FREE and belittle and besmirch our contributions.

Hope you're proud of yourself.

You should be ashamed.

• Upvote 6

Just now, patrickgold said:

Your charts are not accurate enough for me,  no telling if these jobs are full time or part time. Part-timers lose benefits, different pay scale.  Not enough to keep the economy going. 

You are correct part timers get screwed... That is the new America. Look at the countries largest employer. Walmart. They offer a crappy wage and expensive benefits. But people keep on supporting them. Personally I refuse to shop there. They are a great example of what is wrong with the people in this country. People accept it. Pretty sad when you think about it. I'd rather pay 10 or 15 percent more and shop at a local business then support that sad company. I'm sure Sam Walton is rolling over in his grave, to see his ideals thrown out the window.

B/A

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

You got a job grandma or are you living off the dole?

And one more thing...

We're STILL giving.

We tend the graves of forgotten Soldiers.  Do YOU...?

We volunteer at the V.A. and see the horrors YOUR FREEDOM has cost us... DO YOU?

We run a camp for healing our fellow Veterans who gave ALL for your freedom....

What have YOU done for US lately...?

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

***///  United States Military Veterans don't "take" (like you lefties do) ----

We GIVE.

During a life of proud service, and paying INTO our retirement for YEARS,

we have only what we put in... and the rest comes from HARD WORK.... OUR HARD WORK.

We "take" nothing but THAT HILL !

Well we took the hill so you could sit here, be FREE and belittle and besmirch our contributions.

Hope you're proud of yourself.

You should be ashamed.

So be the Patriot you claim to be. Stop spewing hate and tearing down your adversaries. Be like America, go forth and spread goodwill. We didn't conquer the world with hate, like you shed on our Italian friend, we conquered to world by making everyone want to be like America. Embrace Umbertino and help him see the light, Don't attack him and chase him away. JMHO

B/A

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

What have YOU done for US lately...?

I've served with distinction. I've paid taxes. I've created jobs so everyone has a chance to better themselves. I've donated personal funds to charities for veterans and others. I have volunteered for many causes. I have donated my professional services creating awareness to the plight of veterans coming and struggling. I recently took a kid off the street (you know of those kids that is not your problem).

I remember being overseas and my Sargent telling us, don't go out there and piss off the natives. Go out there and make them see how great America really is. I took those word to heart. and have followed that wisdom throughout my life. Did your CO tell you to spread hate and intolerance? I doubt it.

B/A

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bostonangler said:

So be the Patriot you claim to be. Stop spewing hate and tearing down your adversaries. Be like America, go forth and spread goodwill. We didn't conquer the world with hate, like you shed on our Italian friend, we conquered to world by making everyone want to be like America. Embrace Umbertino and help him see the light, Don't attack him and chase him away. JMHO

B/A

But, evidently he won't participate.  Never has... it's been years since I started to meaningfully engage with him, waiting for reciprocation.  

As far as adversaries... that's how you fight evil, even within your own boundaries.  That IS the American way.  Goodwill, hopefully then, nurtures.  But to sit back and just wait for everyone to just "do the right thing" is actually counterproductive... hence the Individual's pragmatic initiative.  Lead, or get out of the way.

• Upvote 8

Just now, Jaxinjersey said:

But, evidently he won't participate.  Never has... it's been years since I started to meaningfully engage with him, waiting for reciprocation.  

As far as adversaries... that's how you fight evil, even within your own boundaries.  That IS the American way.  Goodwill, hopefully then, nurtures.  But to sit back and just wait for everyone to just "do the right thing" is actually counterproductive... hence the Individual's pragmatic initiative.  Lead, or get out of the way.

Don't tread on me. We all get that. It is the only way to live in the end, but it should not be the first course of action. JMHO

B/A

Just now, bostonangler said:

Don't tread on me. We all get that. It is the only way to live in the end, but it should not be the first course of action. JMHO

B/A

No... it is an Individual's moral imperative.  It IS the first course of action... and a Constitutional default to the Individual.  Re-read my post further above.

Again, you lose me (us)...  your idealistic desires for humanity is noted, but you offer no discernible solutions.  It again seems, that you just recommend some sort of mandatory collective behavioral mandate.  And a kumbaya message is just that... a message, with no pragmatic solutions.  What is your solution?

• Upvote 6

20 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

So be the Patriot you claim to be. Stop spewing hate and tearing down your adversaries.

LIKE HELL WE WILL...:angry:.... "AGAINST ALL ENEMIES FOREIGN & DOMESTIC".... PERIOD.

Be like America, go forth and spread goodwill.

GIVING THEM FREEDOM WASN'T ENOUGH...? FREEDOM THEY SQUANDER AND THROW AWAY ?

We didn't conquer the world with hate,

WE HAVE NOT "CONQURED THE WORLD". WE ARE NOT "CONQUERERS".  WE ARE LIBERATORS. 

WHAT UNGRATEFUL PEOPLE DECIDE TO DO WITH THAT AFTER WE LEAVE IS ON THEM.

like you shed on our Italian friend, we conquered to world by making everyone want to be like America.

WE ARE WHAT WE MADE OURSELVES INTO -- IT'S THEM WHO WANT TO BE MORE LIKE US.

AND UMBERTINO DOES NOT WANT THAT --- HIS KOMMIE ILK HATES THAT ABOUT US.

SO HE TEARS US DOWN WITH HIS DISRESPECT HERE.

Embrace Umbertino and help him see the light, Don't attack him and chase him away.

HE HAD THAT CHANCE... REPEATEDLY.  HE MADE IT CLEAR HE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING OF OUR LIBERTY * FREEDOM,

BUT INSTEAD REVILES IT AND TRIES TO UNDERMINE IT WITH HIS HATE HERE.

YOUR KUMBAYA KRAP DOES NOT WORK AGAINST PURE UNMITTIGATED EVIL...

JUST ASK ANY OF YOUR PAL HO'BUMMER'S TERRORST BUDDIES.

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Here's a link...

The problem with this statement is that is actually false. Especially the the fourth one. Employers want the "dream" candidate and would rather a position go unfilled than put someone in there that probably could do the job given the chance. Employers still think it is an employer's market and not an employee market. They seek out candidates who meet their list of requirements and if a single requirement is not on the list the resume goes into their "file 13" holder. This fallacy that no one wants to work actually is not true when you have companies that we all believe are American hire foreign firms and employees and put out of work the American workers. An example of this is the Disney Corporation in which they recently let go of many of their American workers, told them to train the new people from India or they would not get a reference or severance pay. With companies becoming more and more disloyal to their employees, it isn't a matter of whether they want to work but whether or not the Company will be able to provide the right benefits they need. I was recently at a job interview where the recruiter said I had all the skills and knew I could do the job but I didn't have the requirement of having an official title in that position. I have also bee on the telephone with recruiters and I have said the dreaded D-word and have been hung up on, never called back after feigning interest or told any number of excuses from the company chose to go another direction (they resubmitted the job description the next day) to we chose someone else who had 6 more months of experience than you had. All of these companies repeated the narrative that no one wanted to work while they cut hours and benefits. Or had workers work crazy after hours. I quit a job and the employer told me that I did not have permission to leave the job site. This has become common attitudes of employers to make their workers stay. They believe because someone cannot find another job they are willing to take the brow beating that employer doles out. This was a company I wanted to work for since 1997 and would never work for them again. They employer once told me I should be grateful for them to give me a job. Needless to say I don't work there anymore. When employers ask for the alphabet soup of requirements, you have to wonder if they really know what they really want, I am all for working but I am not going to sell my soul to the company store to work for them. I do have to note: I do not need to work, I want to work. I can walk out of a job and still have income coming in where most cannot. 

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

YOUR KUMBAYA KRAP DOES NOT WORK AGAINST PURE UNMITTIGATED EVIL... J

UST ASK ANY OF YOUR PAL HO'BUMMER'S TERRORST BUDDIES.

Well I tried...

4 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

No... it is an Individual's moral imperative.  It IS the first course of action... and a Constitutional default to the Individual.  Re-read my post further above.

Again, you lose me (us)...  your idealistic desires for humanity is noted, but you offer no discernible solutions.  It again seems, that you just recommend some sort of mandatory collective behavioral mandate.  And a kumbaya message is just that... a message, with no pragmatic solutions.  What is your solution?

Jax, there's at least part of your answer. I've tried to be nice and reason with 'ol sarge, but she has her mind set. That is her right. I was hoping to have her understand she might have a chance the way the wind blows. Perhaps she has tried and has come to the same conclusion that I have with her. Time to stop trying. We all have that right.

In simple terms, I'll use this example. Remember I said simple.

My neighbor's dog came over last night and tore up my trash spreading throughout the yard. Do I first go and beat his dog and then beat him up? Do I pick up the trash and not mention it to my neighbor? Do I talk to him about the issue to see if it can be resolved?

JMHO

Your thoughts. Anyone?

As for my desires for humanity. Well. I think most people do share the desire for a better humanity. As for solutions, many have been tried and most have failed. That is the problem with humanity. It's not perfect. There will never be a time when every individual will take total and complete responsibility for themselves. It will not happen. That concept too, is idealistic. The human-kind is made up of "those who do and those who do not". This is not liberal or conservative, it is human nature. Unless we live in a totalitarian society, this problem will continue. Thus, humanity will continue searching for a solution. Do I have it? Nope.

B/A

• Upvote 1