Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Warka Bank (what's happening!)

Okay, there was a thread opened about Warka Bank closing on the 1st July until 4th July to do something to there banking systems.

Some people thought it might be the fact that they were applying the 6 monthly interest to our accounts which makes sense.

However, I have just checked my account online and my interest to 30th June 2010 has already been applied!!!!

So........................Why are they closing?

I might be barking up the wrong tree but do you think this might be preparation for RV?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Okay, there was a thread opened about Warka Bank closing on the 1st July until 4th July to do something to there banking systems.

Some people thought it might be the fact that they were applying the 6 monthly interest to our accounts which makes sense.

However, I have just checked my account online and my interest to 30th June 2010 has already been applied!!!!

I might be barking up the wrong tree but do you think this might be preparation for RV?

Could it be that Bigfoot is correct?

• Upvote 1

Interesting that they would completely close the bank thru the 4th. I know they're behind many countries in banking but I see no need to close the bank for that many days unless something is going to or about to happen. Still let's remember this is Iraq and we cannot expect anything normal with them. It sounds from other people their interest has been paid, so that can't be the reason. 1st half of the year over, well let's remember their official year begins in April for reporting purposes. So I don't it has to do with the whole 1st half thing either. I guess will see. I think if it does they will not officially announce it till next week.

Interesting that they would completely close the bank thru the 4th. I know they're behind many countries in banking but I see no need to close the bank for that many days unless something is going to or about to happen. Still let's remember this is Iraq and we cannot expect anything normal with them. It sounds from other people their interest has been paid, so that can't be the reason. 1st half of the year over, well let's remember their official year begins in April for reporting purposes. So I don't it has to do with the whole 1st half thing either. I guess will see. I think if it does they will not officially announce it till next week.

They are closed 1 day (Thursday the 1st). They never work Friday or Saturday which is the 2nd & 3rd, & reopen on Sunday the 4th. Not much mystery in this people.....sorry.

I am sure we are close to the elusive rv none the less

They are closing the banks to reboot the systems with the new rate and train banking employees on the RV. The RV will take place on the first.

I'll give you this Bigfoot68....You have been steadfast with your prediction. Brave too. In fact this Warka notion would even back up your statement regarding the 3rd. With all the attention your prediction has received over the last few days you have stuck by your guns.

Remember I said if you were right fine and if not we were gonna need more beer. Either way it's gonna be a good fourth. No problimas with me either way. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain that Iraq's fiscal year runs from January 1st to December 31st. There was a post a few days ago referencing this. I think it's common misconception that Iraq's fiscal year is July 1st-June 30th.

If that is the case, then they operate on a "Calendar Year" not a "Fiscal Year".

Gman51

They operate on a fiscal year. They just want to have it wrapped up by Dec. 31, 2010.

Short and concise with absolute confidence. I must give it to you Bigfoot - you have been unwavering in your date and supremely confident in all of your posts. I, like all the rest, hope that you are right on the money!!!! GO RV!

They are resetting the banking systems, thats all....July 1st is the start of their fiscal year.....you can look up scooters post because he also goes into detail about this event.....nothing out of the ordinary

Yes I also received the interest, WHAT BS that was $2.34 of interest when I have over 20mil. in Dinars.