Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"Boots on Ground" Intel

Chief V

A bunch of Iraqis camped out at banks? After what just happened over here? I dont think so. Nobody has left work early, and its business as usual. They wont gather in big numbers at a bank.

Thanks "boots" for clearing that up. Sounds like someone is doing a little pumping. After all the explosions over there lately, it doesn't make sense that Iraqis would be stupid enough to gather in groups anywhere. Unless they have a serious deathwish. Anyway, thanks again for the quick response with the real situation over there. I tend to believe you.

• Upvote 1

Email Traffic to me, as I've just resigned as of a couple of days ago and will be heading home Thursday morning to beat the mad rush out of here, as many will be departing soon without a doubt.

I've been told that the banks are closed by a close friend, also it's (Thursday) the day Allah turns his head...lol but you remember the iPhone, the iPod, and several other high tech items or even concerts that people tend to camp out near the store fronts or events in order to be first in line. Could be what we're hearing about here.......

Chief V,

Sir so Thursday could be the big pay out. Chief it seem you pick the right day to leave this company. I guess you made the right move. My source in Baghdad told the the Iraqis are staging near the banks. She has Iraqi co-workers who informs her that the people in the city are well aware of the situation. So don't leave here if you know it RV tonight or in the morning. What a 4th of July party to start the summer with millionaire status. Well Chief if you still have a ride a cup of Hot Latte Coffee would be nice. Well keep the peace until you leave and be safe. CPT

Please take pictures of these people tailgating at the banks and post them on here. This way your information is verified and bootsintaji will be proven wrong. Otherwise, I don't buy it either.

• Upvote 1

Thanks "boots" for clearing that up. Sounds like someone is doing a little pumping. After all the explosions over there lately, it doesn't make sense that Iraqis would be stupid enough to gather in groups anywhere. Unless they have a serious deathwish. Anyway, thanks again for the quick response with the real situation over there. I tend to believe you.

Thank you. I wonder if some people (this so called intel ) are actually over here. Iraqis dont even care about an rv unless something else happens ( i cant say what). All this grouping by banks is not true. they may riot (demonstrations) but not gather as these people say.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Chief V.. could you clear this up? Is there "staging by the banks" -- or is this hyped up twisted rumors for the roller coaster ride.

What is going on with the banks, is it preventing violence - riots? OR an anticipated RV celebration.. anyone have any idea ?

Chief V...thanks for your service .We at home truly honor and appreciate it! Come home safely...GOD BLESS YOU and YOUR FAMILY !!!...

We'll miss your reports. I hope this last one comes to fruition to Bless the Iraqi people and our own investment. Know your sacrafices have helped many around the world!

In HIS service,

Alice

Chief V.. could you clear this up? Is there "staging by the banks" -- or is this hyped up twisted rumors for the roller coaster ride.

What is going on with the banks, is it preventing violence - riots? OR an anticipated RV celebration.. anyone have any idea ?

[/quote}

There is no staging at banks. They might as well wear a sign that says aim here. AN RV DOES NOT MOVE THEM LIKE IT MOVES YOU

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A bunch of Iraqis camped out at banks? After what just happened over here? I dont think so. Nobody has left work early, and its business as usual. They wont gather in big numbers at a bank.

With the escalation of the looting of banks and private banking companies, Iraqis have begun to think بحلول بديلة خوفاً من ضياع أموالهم. Alternative solutions for fear of losing their money. تقول مُدرسة في كلية الهندسة إنها أقدمت على Says a school in the Faculty of Engineering that she had سحب كل أموالها بالعملة المحلية من مصرف أهلي وحولتها الى فئة الدولار الأميركي، Withdraw all their funds in local currency from the Bank of my family and turned it into a category of the U.S. dollar, واحتفظت بها في مكان سري وخاص داخل منزلها كي تشعر بالأمان على أموالها And kept in a secret location and particularly within the home to feel safe on their . .

وتضيف أن الوضع الأمني لم يعد يسمح بالتحرك الحر للأموال، فالمصارف باتت أكثر She adds that the security situation no longer allowed to move freely funds, banks have become more خطورة في الوقت الحالي، ولم يعد من السهل أن نحتفظ بنقودنا هناك بعد ما حدث في Serious at the moment, is no longer easy to reserve Bncodna there after what happened in the الأسابيع الماضية Last weeks . .

وتؤكد أن «زوج شقيقتها اتخذ الإجراء ذاته إذ سحب نقوده من أحد المصارف وأقدم على And affirms that «her sister's husband took the same procedure as the withdrawal of his money from a bank and the oldest شراء كيلو ونصف الكيلو من الذهب، وتخزينها في مكان آمن بعيداً من التداول Buy a kilo and half kilo of gold, and stored in a safe place away from the trading ». ».

فالعراقيون بدأوا يبحثون عن حلول بديلة بسبب سوء الأوضاع الأمنية وظهور عصابات Iraqis have started looking for alternative solutions because of poor security conditions and the emergence of gangs نهب المصارف والشركات الخاصة في البلاد، من بينها شراء العقارات والذهب وتخزينها Looting of banks and private companies in the country, including the purchase of real estate, gold and storage حتى ارتفاع أسعارها. Even higher prices. ويؤكد لؤي حسين أحد صاغة الذهب في الحرية أن عملية ادخار Stresses Louay Hussein, one of jewelers gold in the process of saving the freedom to الأموال ذهباً بدأت تنشط في العراق منذ أكثر من سنة بسبب ارتفاع أسعار الذهب في شكل Gold funds started operating in Iraq for more than a year due to higher gold prices in the form of دوري في البلاد League in the country . .

ويقول إن الذهب يرتفع ثمنه إلى الضعف كل خمس سنوات في العراق، ما شجع العراقيين He says that the rising price of gold has doubled every five years in Iraq, has encouraged the Iraqis على تخزين أموالهم ومدخراتهم ذهباً، إذ يُقبل كثير من أصحاب الأموال والمدخرات على To store their money and their savings in gold, as it accepts many of the owners of funds and savings شراء القطع الذهبية التي يراوح وزنها بين مئة ومئتي غرام، وهي لا تصلح في الغالب Buy gold coins, which varies weighing between one hundred and two hundred grams, which is often not suitable للزينة، انما يجرى اقتناؤها للادخار Of the decoration, but it is being acquired for the savings . .

ويؤكد عادل مهدي رئيس مجلس ادارة شركة بغداد التسويقية لـ «الحياة» أن «غالبية Stresses Adel Mahdi, chairman of Baghdad's marketing «life» that «the majority of رؤوس الأموال العراقية تتركز في المصارف الحكومية، كون المواطن العراقي يملك ثقة Iraqi capital is concentrated in government banks, the fact that the Iraqi citizen has the confidence كبيرة فيها، وأن الاتجاه نحو المصارف الأهلية لم يبدأ بالتوسع إلا في السنوات العشر Large, and that the trend towards private banks did not begin to expand only in the past ten الأخيرة Recent ». ».

ولفت إلى أن «محدودية حجم الاستثمار وضعف سوق العمل، دفع البنك المركزي الى He pointed out that «the limited size of investment and a weaker labor market, prompting the central bank to التعامل مع المصارف الأهلية، من خلال ايداع أموالها داخل البنك ومنحها فوائد سنوية Dealing with private banks by depositing their money in the bank and awarded annual interest تصل الى عشرة في المئة في الوقت الحالي Up to ten percent in the moment ». ».

وأضاف أن البنك كان يمنح المصارف الأهلية 20 في المئة عن الأموال المودعة لديه، He added that the bank has been granted to private banks 20 percent of the funds in his custody, ثم خفضها الى 18 في المئة، وإلى 15 في المئة لاحقاً، قبل أن تستقر الفائدة على عشرة Then reduced to 18 percent, and 15 percent later, before settling on ten interest في المئة. Percent. وأوضح أن هذا الإجراء جاء نتيجة الخمول الذي عاشته تلك المصارف في مجال He explained that this action was the result of inactivity experienced by those banks in the area الاستثمار وسوق العمل بسبب الوضع الأمني Investment and the labor market because of the security situation .

Sounds to me they are gathering around the banks....IMO B)

• Upvote 4

Email Traffic to me, as I've just resigned as of a couple of days ago and will be heading home Thursday morning to beat the mad rush out of here, as many will be departing soon without a doubt.

I've been told that the banks are closed by a close friend, also it's (Thursday) the day Allah turns his head...lol but you remember the iPhone, the iPod, and several other high tech items or even concerts that people tend to camp out near the store fronts or events in order to be first in line. Could be what we're hearing about here.......

Chief V,

Sir so Thursday could be the big pay out. Chief it seem you pick the right day to leave this company. I guess you made the right move. My source in Baghdad told the the Iraqis are staging near the banks. She has Iraqi co-workers who informs her that the people in the city are well aware of the situation. So don't leave here if you know it RV tonight or in the morning. What a 4th of July party to start the summer with millionaire status. Well Chief if you still have a ride a cup of Hot Latte Coffee would be nice. Well keep the peace until you leave and be safe. CPT

Transcript from Iraqi Emergency Services 30, June 2010 14:00:07 HRS

Operator: Bagdad 911 What is your emergency?

Caller: Yes there are many people staging by the bank

Operator: Which bank sir?

Caller: All of them

Operator: All of them?

Caller:Yes

Operator: Uh....are any of these people carrying weapons?

Caller: Yes

Operator: How many?

Operator: Are any of these people wearing masks?

Caller: Yes

Operator: How many?

Operator: All of them?

Caller: Yes all of them

Operator: Do any of these people appear to be in a crouching Posture?

Caller:Yes

Operator:How many?

Operator: Sir, it does not sound like there is anything unusual......what is the reason for the call.....is there an actual emergency?

Caller: Yes, did I mention they are wearing boots?

Operator:How many?

Operator: Sir, you have the wrong number....

Edited by PBR st GANG
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just wondering, not trying to be negative or a jerk at all but why would people be at the bank? They aren't cashing out like us, they will just be able to buy a heck a lot more with what they have.

I believe the BANK JOB was started as a Rumor to get attention, seem's ot did.MY SUGGESTION IS we can BURY it Now.

Chief:

I don't always read the dinar rumors, but when I do...I read Chief V. "Stay thirsty my friends!"

When you get to the Kuwait International Airport find the KBR office. They have very comfortable lounge chairs and great TV. It helps pass the time. If you have to stay the night in Kuwait due to flights, ask the people at the KBR office if you can ride with them to the Hilton Resort...the overnight stay is free, 5 Star accomodations, the food is great...and you deserve it. Thank you for your service!

• Upvote 3

Army 03 "sandals on the ground" Is a phrase we used if we had to stop the convoy in town or out on one of the msrs or asrs and they we near our convoys.

Did you ever notice when you walk in (sandals) the noise they make. I never heard mine go sandal.....sandal.....sandal.....sandal instead they go Flip-Flop........Flip-Flopcool.gif

excerpts from Andy Rooney

Did you ever notice when you walk in (sandals) the noise they make. I never heard mine go sandal.....sandal.....sandal.....sandal instead they go Flip-Flop........Flip-Flopcool.gif

excerpts from Andy Rooney

Well you are right about the sound mongo but thats what we called them and still do :)