Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obumar Care Screws Us Again

Seabee

Well, it's that time of year again, when we all get our letter from our insurance company. Yes, our medical ins. and prescription drug companies are happy to inform us of the upcoming increase of our premiums in the next few months. Obama care is ready to kick our asses where we keep our wallets.

First of all, I should say that I receive VA care in which I could get all my medical care from the VA. However, because of all the ineptness in the VA system I carry extra insurance such as Medicare, Bluecross Blueshield for my medical and SilverScript for my prescription drug plan.

Here's the skinny for myself.

Medicare premiums did not rise this past year but something tells me that it will. Right now it is $104.00 per month.

As for Bluecross Blueshield, I am currently enrolled in plan F, which I am told is their top plan. Monthly, my premium is 231.00 and that just for me. January it is scheduled to rise by eleven dollars or roughly 5%. I am guessing this is 100% over the estimated current inflation rate.

Here the one that really gets me, my prescription drug plan by SilverSript. Currently  my cost per month is $22.90 increasing to $30.80. This results into a 34.65% increase.  WOW what the F??? When I first enrolled last year I had to roll the dice and because of my VA involvement I chose tier 5 in which I pay 33% or a 600% increase over inflation. Here's the killer. I used the drug plan last January for one script cost $40.00. I paid something like $12.00 and ins.  paid $28.00. The next I used it was the past month for one pill costing $12.00 and I paid $4.50, ins. paid $7.50.

my total yearly premium comes to $274.80. So if my ins paid $35.50 I have lost $239.30. Pretty poor return on my investment. Thanks president Obumar.

in my eyes Obama Care needs some serious overhaul and it sucks. I am sure I am not the only one getting screwed this year.

what do the rest of you have to say about this? I am sick of thinking about this so I will end this for now.

Good luck to all of you and let's hope that an RV happens soon to help us out.

Dave F, AKA Seabee

• Upvote 2

***///

We're sorry to hear you're caught in the evil left's deliberate trap.

ho'bummer-lack-o-care was designed from the outset to INTENTIONALLY  FAIL .

Which is why he let moochelle's little college buddy's unqualified company have the epic-fail

software contract for the damned thing... success wasn't a qualification.

It didn't need to work, and she wanted the money.

Another example of his administration's promise to "distribute the wealth'... yuh, among his friends,

y'know, like solyndra, et al.... the ho'bummers have made many of their friends rich at our expense.

They have now openly admitted it was the only way to achieve the single-payer system they were after all along.

Remember when one of it's architect's called The American People "stupid"... he knew all along what was happening and why.

And that we were all morons for not seeing it.

The insurance companies are p'o'd. 

But ultimately, it's the Taxpayer who'll be ska-rewed, so... y'know... no biggie... right?

Just another bank bail-out...

We've seen this VILE set-up before folks.

And those in The House & Senate who let this thing fly -- "Ya gotta pass it if ya wanna see what's in it, yo !....

Well, they, too are responsible as hell.

Vote OUT all these sell-out basturds.  End their treacherous careers in Washington now !

• Upvote 2

Sorry to hear that, Seabee.  So far, my family and I have been pretty lucky in the Obamacare grand scheme of things....the yearly raise in rates is just marginally more than usual.  I have more of an issue with our current Medical facilities billing plan than anything else.  As for your prescription drug prices, my folks suffer the same problems.....and it's just my opinion, but I think the drug companies should bear the majority of the blame.  I'll sight Epipen as a supreme example of drug company greed.  As always, just my opinion.  :mellow:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2

I appreciate the comments guys, however, I forgot one very important issue. While the government says inflation is low I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that prices especially in the supermarkets keep going up unchecked. While I do make decent money from a Remington pension, Social Security and VA Disability, I haven't had an increase in two years. While I can get by, I worry more about those people that have only SSI. O Bummer has screwed more than just me. Many seniors living on fixed income depend on gap insurance that pays after Medicare. With the average monthly SSI check at $1300.00 and stuck there for the last two years it is more than difficult for seniors to get by.

we seniors should be screaming at our elected officials and you are both correct and we need to vote these pin heads out. Anyway, how many people actually complain? It goes generally like this. For every ten people that don't complain there is only one person that does. In broader terms you have 10 people out of 100 who may complain to their representatives. So then they think that O Bummer Care is just fine. 

To all of you Seniors and other people please start calling your Congressman and call him names if you have to. Nothing will change till everyone calls or write and voice their disapproval over this mess. I'm sure their are many people with large families on DV that get sticker shock whenever they stroll the supermarket and  find that box of cereal that cost $4.00 today and last week it was $3.75. As O Bummer Care goes, so goes everything else.  

OWho is benefiting from these whopping price increases you might ask. It starts with manufacturers or the insurance companies themselves. The guys at the end or the middleman no longer have the edge on big money like they did years ago. I know I am getting off subject but want to add this. Take a look at a Porterhouse Steak, it may cost $12.99 a pound which is enough to make me run the other way.

At the bottom end where the beef comes from the farmer, he may only get Two dollars a proud for that beeffer. In my eyes a pound of steak should cost half of what it is.  Well, I just rambling now, so let's move on.

O Bummer Care needs a serious overhaul and it is going to take all of us to complain for change. As for Hillarious  Dillary it will just be more of the same. Where O Bummer has gone in the last eight years so will Hillarious Dillary. I am going to take my chances and vote for Trump. He claims he want to change O Bamma, and I say go for it. Looking at it another way, things can't get any worse than they are now, although under Hillarious Dillary it could still get worse. Hillarious is just an extension tool for O Bomma regardless of what she wants to believe.

This is your chance to vote Trump. Regardless of what the Dems say, I firmly believe that he will put the best and smartest people in his inner circle and effect change to the insurance program

In closing the one change I would like to see is for SSI to increase every year instead of remaining stagnant. They may give all of us SSI recipients timeto play catch up. God Bless.

Dave, AKA:Seabee

• Upvote 2

***///

It's no use, SEABEE... the plan that evil has put in place through their tool ho'bummer is

destroying US exactly as per their plan.

It is imperative to them to squeeze US and break US by every means possible.

Which is exactly what we're seeing go down here from every quarter.

The REPS n' RINOs are shackled by their new masters already and complete sell-outs.

First, I don't agree with Obamacare and a die-hard opponent against it. repeal it! Don't replace it. Vote Trump and maybe the umpteenth thousand time they vote to repeal this unconstitutional tax will be signed by the POTUS instead of the POSOTUS.

Second your logic doesn't make sense. Let's use your theory for car insurance. I pay 600 every six months for car insurance and never get into an accident, have I lost 600 dollars? Insurance is there for when you need it. 

Third, I am a 100% service-connected disabled veteran. So I whole heartedly agree that the VA is in the basket of deplorables. I hate the VA but to me they are a necessary evil.

• Upvote 1