Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

If the name Jesus offends you...

moose 57

I bow my knees now to King Jesus like other believers in Jesus Christ.

Every one else will bow their knees later.

Philippians 2:5-11New International Version (NIV)

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,

did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

7 rather, he made himself nothing

by taking the very nature of a servant,

being made in human likeness.

8 And being found in appearance as a man,

he humbled himself

by becoming obedient to death—

even death on a cross!

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place

and gave him the name that is above every name,

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,

in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,

to the glory of God the Father.

Romans 14:9-12New International Version (NIV)

9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister[a]? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11 It is written:

“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,

‘every knee will bow before me;

every tongue will acknowledge God.’”

12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

Edited by Synopsis
  • Upvote 7

"And she will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for it is He who will save His people from their sins.  Now all this took place that what was spoken by the Lord through the prophets might be fulfilled, saying, BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD, AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL: which translated means, "GOD WITH US." (Matt 1:21-23)

"Let it be known to all of you, and to all people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, -- by this name this man stands here before you in good health  He (Jesus -nelg) is the STIBE WGUCG WAS REJECTED BY YOU, THE BUILDERS, WHICH BECAME THE VERY CORNER STONE.  And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved." (Act 4:10-12)

REASON:  This One was none other than God, in the flesh of a man!  

• Upvote 5

In regard to the above quotes . . . I often hear the statement, "If there is a God, why doesn't He show Himself and come down and visit us!?!?"  

In point of fact, He did!  And we were so excited about it that we killed Him!!  It didn't matter what He did to show us that He was here with us, people just had a hard time admitting or even wanting to acknowledge that God was in our midst.  Admittedly, Jesus' coming was for one purpose, to become the substitutionary sacrifice for our sin and to be raised that we might have the forgiveness of those sins.  It was only after His resurrection that He was recognized for who He was.  And, as Paul declares, He was the Son of God, Declared so by His resurrection from the dead. (By the way, this was a unique resurrection.  There had never been one like it before or since.  It was a resurrection of the physical to the immortal body; a body so unique it proved as a witness that He was God!  

• Upvote 3

Truth is this: Muslims did not come here for freedoms, they hate it, they did not come here to live and let live, their trying to change our ways of life to theirs, they did not come here to settle in and be apart of America, that's not in their Quran.

Amen to that!

Well I live in Southern California so I  know a lot of  people named Jesus. I have never once met a person that this name offends.

It depends on how it's pronounced! I also know some people that spell

their name Jesus. I winter in the RGV- Rio Grande Valley so I know!

Edited by moose 57
  • Upvote 1

Amen to that!

It depends on how it's pronounced! I also know some people that spell

their name Jesus. I winter in the RGV- Rio Grande Valley so I know!

Yep. Every one I know by that name spells it right, but pronounces it Hey-Zeus.

It's like they're trying to contact an ancient Greek by the same name, but he's been gone even longer.