Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Washington VS America

I, and many others, have said many times the problem in the Country is not necessarily the Democrat OR Republican parties.  The problem is ALL of the professional politicians (and their cronies) from either party.  I like Bruce Walker’s idea of changing the terminology to the Party of Washington vs the Party of America.  RV ME

The Party of Washington

By Bruce Walker  October 14, 2015

What is America angry at today?  Make no mistake: Americans of both parties and across ideological lines are angry.  Consider just how angry Americans are at both of the two major political parties in how people view potential presidential nominees. 

The seven most recent national polls – CBS, IBD, USA Today, Pew, NBC News, and Fox News – reveal that the combined total percentage of support for all of the announced Democrats running for the Democrat nomination (Clinton, Webb, Chafee, and O'Malley) is below fifty percent.  It is not just that Democrats are turned off by Clinton; they are turned off by all the Democrats officially in the race.

These same seven most recent national polls show that the combined support for the nomination by the three Republicans who have never held elective office (Trump, Carson, and Fiorina) is more than fifty percent of the all respondents.  This is true even when "unsure" and "undecided" are included as options for respondents.

If that seems astonishing, and it should, then consider that the office that has long been considered the second most important in our federal system, speaker of the House, is today an office that no one really seems to want.  Has that ever happened in our nation's political history?

The division in America is not "Democrat" versus "Republican," but rather a division that places in one camp all the politicians who derive their power and their wealth from the federal government.  Let us call the first political party the "Party of Washington," a gaggle not only of politicians, but federal judges and entrenched bureaucrats, as well as the media, which is assigned to cover Washington. 

Every time the federal government does anything, these folks get a piece of the action.  Legislation is passed, executive orders are decreed, rules are adopted, and judicial orders are pronounced, with all the members of the Party of Washington gaining something, even as so many of them protest that they oppose a particular action.

The Clintons are perfect examples of the Party of Washington.  They have grown fabulously rich without really doing anything at all except broker power and rake in hundreds of millions of dollars.  Hillarious never goes anywhere unless she is surrounded by her Praetorian Guard of Secret Service agents, and she indifferently combines correspondence that is government property with correspondence that is purely private.  The federal government is, to these folks, something to use for personal gain.

Because the gravy is so thick and rich, everyone in the Party of Washington gains when the federal government undertakes some task.  The counties surrounding Washington are the richest in America – perhaps the richest in the world. 

The Party of America is sprawling, disorganized, and united only by the idea that nothing the federal government does any longer works to the general welfare of honest Americans – even worse, much that Washington does is intended to fail.  Even those few essentially federal constitutional duties like protecting our borders, defending our nation, and insuring that money is sound are done incompetently and indifferently by the Party of Washington. 

The loud and angry murmuring across America to all the politicians in Washington is the spontaneous voice of the Party of America.  Those in that party do not trust politicians, especially career politicians and particularly those livelong Washington politicians whose background is in law or academia or some similar pursuit that is a practical appendage of the Washington establishment.

The man or woman who wins the presidency in 2016 and who also wins the presidency with a true mandate for revolutionary reform will be the candidate who runs against the entire Washington establishment and who makes very specific promises about what he will do if elected.  The candidate who wins will be the candidate who runs directly against Washington, with its festering carbuncles of power and influence.  That candidate will be not so much a politician who promises to "get things done" in Washington, but rather the candidate who promises to "get things undone." 

The Party of Washington is the enemy of hope in America today.  We are waiting for someone to end its reign of arrogance, larceny, and collusion.  That someone will have an army of determined Americans to support this new and needed revolution.

• Upvote 7

I, and many others, have said many times the problem in the Country is not necessarily the Democrat OR Republican parties.  The problem is ALL of the professional politicians (and their cronies) from either party.  I like Bruce Walker’s idea of changing the terminology to the Party of Washington vs the Party of America.  RV ME

The Party of Washington

The seven most recent national polls – CBS, IBD, USA Today, Pew, NBC News, and Fox News – reveal that the combined total percentage of support for all of the announced Democrats running for the Democrat nomination (Clinton, Webb, Chafee, and O'Malley) is below fifty percent.  It is not just that Democrats are turned off by Clinton; they are turned off by all the Democrats officially in the race.

These same seven most recent national polls show that the combined support for the nomination by the three Republicans who have never held elective office (Trump, Carson, and Fiorina) is more than fifty percent of the all respondents.  This is true even when "unsure" and "undecided" are included as options for respondents.

If I didn't know any better, I would say Bernie Sanders was left out of the mix, simply to skew the poll numbers to make the article appear viable.   <_<  More media deception.  

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

If I didn't know any better, I would say Bernie Sanders was left out of the mix, simply to skew the poll numbers to make the article appear viable.   <_<  More media deception.  

GO RV, then BV 

Sorry Shabs, the statement is correct.  Bern is a social….errr independent, not a Democrat.  And if that is all it takes for you to dismiss the entire article as media deception that is a pretty sad commentary on your part.  I guess since the article is nothing but media deception in your mind, and because Sanders is not included in a poll then America must be happy with the shenanigans of the Washington elite?

• Upvote 3

Sorry Shabs, the statement is correct.  Bern is a social….errr independent, not a Democrat.  And if that is all it takes for you to dismiss the entire article as media deception that is a pretty sad commentary on your part.  I guess since the article is nothing but media deception in your mind, and because Sanders is not included in a poll then America must be happy with the shenanigans of the Washington elite?

Why must you always make it personal? ....unless you're the author of the article, Bruce Walker.....Hey!!! Is your name Bruce Walker?   :) 

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Why must you always make it personal? ....unless you're the author of the article, Bruce Walker.....Hey!!! Is your name Bruce Walker?   :) 

GO RV, then BV 

Nope, not Bruce Walker, and I don’t play him on DV.  But I do take the destruction of our (once?) great Country personally. 

You incorrectly find one flaw in a poll that was sited and dismiss the entire article as media deception.  Personally, I think that is part of the problem.  Instead of addressing the serious issues (in the article and in the federal oligarchy) too many people focus on the minutia and not the big picture.

So, person to person, what do you think of the rest of the article?

• Upvote 3

Nope, not Bruce Walker, and I don’t play him on DV.  But I do take the destruction of our (once?) great Country personally. 

You incorrectly find one flaw in a poll that was sited and dismiss the entire article as media deception.  Personally, I think that is part of the problem.  Instead of addressing the serious issues (in the article and in the federal oligarchy) too many people focus on the minutia and not the big picture.

So, person to person, what do you think of the rest of the article?

Oh, I agree 100% with the article....other than that one large blunder.  And you and I will disagree on this, but that one omission is necessary for the articles accuracy.  Potato....Potahto.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh, I agree 100% with the article....other than that one large blunder.  And you and I will disagree on this, but that one omission is necessary for the articles accuracy.  Potato....Potahto.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

Glad to hear we agree.  And I also agree we will disagree, especially since Sanders is still polling @ 24% which is below Clinton and way below 50% sited in the article.  His omission might have been an oversite, but his inclusion would not have changed anything stated in the article and most certainly does not make it inaccurate.  Maybe we can start a trend and agree on that too.  Maybe……..

• Upvote 4

The Party of Washington

What is America angry at today?  Make no mistake: Americans of both parties and across ideological lines are angry.  Consider just how angry Americans are at both of the two major political parties in how people view potential presidential nominees. 

Sorry, RV ME....we're just going to have to let bygones be bygones with this one.   B) 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Party of Washington is the enemy of hope in America today.  We are waiting for someone to end its reign of arrogance, larceny, and collusion.  That someone will have an army of determined Americans to support this new and needed revolution.

GO RV, then BV 

GO RV, then BV

Isn't the hypocrisy obvious?

If you claim to "agree" with the content, then why dismiss the single most important issue facing America simply because you got your panties in a twist over a minor technicality that has absolutely no bearing on the content of the article?

What, they forgot to mention a stinking commie?

Guess what bobo, America is not about communism in the first place, so that moron doesn't even deserve a place.

So that leaves the fact you are happy to derail any attempt to fix America, no matter what future that brings.

If you were to walk into a shopping center, have balloons fall, and discover you just won a $250,000 sports car, would you turn it down because it's the wrong color?

No, you would not.

But you are happy to try to blow up any post made by anyone that cares  about America because they didn't mention a jerk that will never even get elected?

Dude, the only one that is getting fooled is you.

The only good thing that would come out of a dem getting elected is they would censor the internet, and then we wouldn't have to put up with the two faced dribble coming from folks who clain\m they love America,then e\do everything they can to continue the destruction.

If you agree with the article, then act like it.

But to offhandedly dismiss it entirely and claim it is not valid because they didn't bother to "dot an I" is ludicrous. 

With or without your help, Americans are taking back control.

You can jump on your high horse and condemn the world because they didn't bother to put the toilet seat back down all you want, it's not going to change a thing.

Your response to this post was short-sighted, as usual.

Have you ever bothered to think of the possible long term damage your words will cause?

You can believe, I have. 

• Upvote 5

If you claim to "agree" with the content, then why dismiss the single most important issue facing America simply because you got your panties in a twist over a minor technicality that has absolutely no bearing on the content of the article?

Guess what bobo, America is not about communism in the first place, so that moron doesn't even deserve a place.

So that leaves the fact you are happy to derail any attempt to fix America, no matter what future that brings.

If you were to walk into a shopping center, have balloons fall, and discover you just won a $250,000 sports car, would you turn it down because it's the wrong color?

No, you would not.

But you are happy to try to blow up any post made by anyone that cares  about America because they didn't mention a jerk that will never even get elected?

The only good thing that would come out of a dem getting elected is they would censor the internet, and then we wouldn't have to put up with the two faced dribble coming from folks who clain\m they love America,then e\do everything they can to continue the destruction.

But to offhandedly dismiss it entirely and claim it is not valid because they didn't bother to "dot an I" is ludicrous. 

You can jump on your high horse and condemn the world because they didn't bother to put the toilet seat back down all you want, it's not going to change a thing.

Have you ever bothered to think of the possible long term damage your words will cause?

You can believe, I have. 

Well, well.....I was starting to think you forgot about little ole me.  One thing is for certain.....you are quite familiar with high horses.  GFY (good for you)   :)

GO RV, then BV

Well, well.....I was starting to think you forgot about little ole me.  One thing is for certain.....you are quite familiar with high horses.  GFY (good for you)   :)

GO RV, then BV

As a matter of fact, I made a deal.

Told her I wouldn't get upset if she forgot to put the seat BACK UP, which is exactly where I want it, as long as she quit her whining about me not putting it down for her.

Fair is fair.

• Upvote 4

No, you would not.

You can believe, I have. 

Obviously I share your frustration Dive.  But after all was said and done Shabs did admit to agreeing with the article, so at least we are all on the same side this time.  It’s just that some are more passionate than others.

And for what it’s worth, I always put both seats down just because I do not want anything to accidently fall in the toilet.

• Upvote 4

Obviously I share your frustration Dive.  But after all was said and done Shabs did admit to agreeing with the article, so at least we are all on the same side this time.  It’s just that some are more passionate than others.

And for what it’s worth, I always put both seats down just because I do not want anything to accidently fall in the toilet.

Since Dive shows me such mad respect......I don't want to be part of the reason for his "possible long term damage".   ;) 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Divemaster... show some respect! Shabs is a left-leaning, humor-driven contrarian BUT he's OUR left-leaning, humor-driven contrarian... and we like him! My advice: Lower your expectations and look for the humor, not the substance. :lol:

Now, just a darn minute.  I'm full of substance.......you all call it something else, though.   :eyebrows: 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Divemaster... show some respect! Shabs is a left-leaning, humor-driven contrarian BUT he's OUR left-leaning, humor-driven contrarian... and we like him! My advice: Lower your expectations and look for the humor, not the substance. :lol:

I finally, after seeing it written this way, understand. I am going to read his posts in a different light and try to be less upset about them. Thanks WHN for putting it in words that make sense to me. 

• Upvote 4

I finally, after seeing it written this way, understand. I am going to read his posts in a different light and try to be less upset about them. Thanks WHN for putting it in words that make sense to me. 

Well its not going to be any fun around here at all with out shabs to boot around.

I mean what are friends for?

Dont worry Shabs I got your back   :)

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 2

It’s just that some are more passionate than others.

So true.

It's only happened once, but needed a shower anyway...

Totally my bad, I'll try to ratchet down the logic, surely wouldn't want anyone's head to explode, yuk, what a mess.

Plutonians are as Plutonians do, you know

Besides, I WAS being nice...lol

Since Dive shows me such mad respect......I don't want to be part of the reason for his "possible long term damage".   ;) 

GO RV, then BV

Profound statement, but still,  I'm not going to touch it.....

Especially helpful is to understand it really doesn't matter who else can possibly be influenced to assume a flippant approach to global issues which results in yet another person determinedly denying all those useless facts that don't serve to self-promote.

After all, at this point, what difference does it make anyway?

• Upvote 3