Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Donald Trump attack on John McCain war record is 'new low in US politics'

Show me the quote please.

“I’m not a hero,” McCain said, before listing veterans who served with distinction but were captured in Vietnam or the second world war.

“Those are the people that frankly I find it just totally inappropriate for Mr Trump to say he doesn’t like to be with people who were captured,” McCain said.

And if he did say that, then isn't he making my very point?

That being beaten daily and put in solitary confinement for almost six years, and for the rest of your life having to live with the crippling pain and disfigurement is the same as having a baby?? Nope.

Whoa, slam on the brakes. Nobody here is making fun of what happened to him. 

Yes, actually, TRUMP was making fun of him....and all the other POWs

Were only saying, as you claim that McCain said, that he's not a HERO. 

Our definition of hero differs. I say any person who voluntarily gives up his freedom to serve in the military is a hero.....and that POWs who suffered for years are DEFINITELY heroes...whether they call themselves that or not.

Oh and by the way, you may want to ask yourself how I understand so well 

what experiences some military men had to endure. Again you have no Idea 

what anyone here has or has not experienced. And I say that with as much 

compassion as is humanly possible.     

Hmm...wonder if Divemaster is gonna jump i and make fun of YOU saying "If you only knew who I was..."

If you are military and you are allowing a draft dodger to make fun of a fellow military person who suffered at the hands of his captors, then shame on you.

Edited by ocdude
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

LGD... this troll is taking his frustrations with me out on you.  And in fairness to Divemaster, it was I that said that about this troll OC, due his constant insistence that we give him a free pass, if only we know who he was! LMAO

The troll gets his adversaries mixed up... that's what they do.  We all know EXACTLY what you meant in your posts above, concerning duty and honor... and we further thank you for your perspective and your service. :salute:  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I was disappointed that Trump chose to make the remarks about McCains POW.

For pity sakes there is Plenty, no an absolute wealth, of stuff to attack the mess McCain is politically.

I'm glad the hypersensitive, easily offended, and so correct in their views media fed haven't shut Trump up.

Hopefully they won't. Let the man talk.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you only knew who I was..."

Please don't put words in my mouth. That is NOT what I said, nor is it what I was 

implying. 

."

what experiences some military men had to endure

Again you have no Idea 

compassion as is humanly possible.     "

• Upvote 2

LGD... this troll is taking his frustrations with me out on you.  And in fairness to Divemaster, it was I that said that about this troll OC, due his constant insistence that we give him a free pass, if only we know who he was! LMAO

The troll gets his adversaries mixed up... that's what they do.  We all know EXACTLY what you meant in your posts above, concerning duty and honor... and we further thank you for your perspective and your service. :salute:  

Serving was my Honor,  :salute: I thank God for the opportunity. It has made me the man I am today.

."

what experiences some military men had to endure

Again you have no Idea 

compassion as is humanly possible.     "

Again you have no Idea 

what anyone here has or has not experienced

That remark is not the same as.......

Hmm...wonder if Divemaster is gonna jump i and make fun of YOU saying "If you only knew who I was..."

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/205607-donald-trump-attack-on-john-mccain-war-record-is-new-low-in-us-politics/page-4#ixzz3gnYKnQg3

Again with as much,"compassion", as is humanly possible while adhering to the truth, your grammatical structure is 

even worse than mine. :shrug:     And your reading comprehension skills could use some work too.

And since you insist on making me talk about things I would rather not, let me clarify,

I am NOT a hero. I did NOT have the opportunity to rise to that level. But you can be sure that I 

have known some men who did. And not all of them have died. PLEASE  don't question my 

having served in the Marines. I did so with Honor and Pride and I don't like it when you attempt to

disparage my good name.   If you are military  from post 76

Serving was my Honor,  :salute: I thank God for the opportunity. It has made me the man I am today.

Again you have no Idea 

what anyone here has or has not experienced

That remark is not the same as.......

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/205607-donald-trump-attack-on-john-mccain-war-record-is-new-low-in-us-politics/page-4#ixzz3gnYKnQg3

Again with as much,"compassion", as is humanly possible while adhering to the truth, your grammatical structure is 

even worse than mine. :shrug:     And your reading comprehension skills could use some work too.

And since you insist on making me talk about things I would rather not, let me clarify,

I am NOT a hero. I did NOT have the opportunity to rise to that level. But you can be sure that I 

have known some men who did. And not all of them have died. PLEASE  don't question my 

having served in the Marines. I did so with Honor and Pride and I don't like it when you attempt to

disparage my good name.   If you are military  from post 76

Didn't disparage anything....your post was very similar to mine.

I have not disparaged your service at all. I thank you for it. As I posted later, any person who served voluntarily in the service is a hero.

I just cannot understand why any military person would allow a draft dodger to make fun of those who served honorably and were captured.

As for reading and writing skills....that's really funny.

My typing needs work, my grammar and comprehension does not.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I'm doing this from my smart phone so I can't bring a link,

but a simple Google search will find it.

Six weeks ago there was an amendment that would have allowed

Active military to be armed at Recruiting Stations. The

Amendment was killed by......... Drum Roll.........

None other than

SENATOR JOHN McCAIN.

I bet the families of the 5 dead Marines in Chattanooga

Really think of McCain as a hero today. NOT

As I said....as a senator and a man, McCain is an ass.

That doesn't mean that it is okay for someone who didn't care to serve to make fun of what he endured.

Well said.  You can't state it any clearer than that.......And you just proved long drawn out dissertations are not always necessary.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 4