Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Alot more needed than a stable Iraq

hot2bewe

There is much more needed than a stable Iraq to bring about a RV/RI. We must have a stable global economy. As I said before now Spain is hitting the spotlight with banking troubles and Portugal is on the brink of failure just like Greece. The 1 Tril bailout will not work to mend Europes woes. The IMF has put Iraq on the back burner having to worry about all of Europe. Things are going to come to a stop until that whole mess is straightened out. They aren't going to be pushing any RV till Europe has their act together. I had always said late June or early July for any type of RV, but now with all the global turmoil it could be anyones guess. You have North and South Korea getting ready for war, China holding it's ground on raising their currency because of the problems with the EU, Jamaica is about ready to blow up, the IMF and World bank did a fine job there, lol. Nothing will be done till this roller coaster ride is over so sit down strap in and hold on.

• Downvote 3

There is much more needed than a stable Iraq to bring about a RV/RI. We must have a stable global economy. As I said before now Spain is hitting the spotlight with banking troubles and Portugal is on the brink of failure just like Greece. The 1 Tril bailout will not work to mend Europes woes. The IMF has put Iraq on the back burner having to worry about all of Europe. Things are going to come to a stop until that whole mess is straightened out. They aren't going to be pushing any RV till Europe has their act together. I had always said late June or early July for any type of RV, but now with all the global turmoil it could be anyones guess. You have North and South Korea getting ready for war, China holding it's ground on raising their currency because of the problems with the EU, Jamaica is about ready to blow up, the IMF and World bank did a fine job there, lol. Nothing will be done till this roller coaster ride is over so sit down strap in and hold on.

There is no logic in your premise. Iraq will RV when and if it suits them, and to hell with the PIIGS in Europe!

I believe Iraq knows it needs the RV, and if the decision makers agree with little old me, it will happen!

Of course if they don't, it wont (just yet).

I don't agree with this , global economy does not have to do anything with Iraq's RV, its currency is not traded internationally and their primary income is from Oil

With all due respect......I have to disagree with you

If that were the case then this would never happen... The global problems it seems will always be there or lurking.. So I don't think Iraq will hold up in what is the best interest for their country because of problems around the world.

So you are saying...........we shouldnt invest in the Euro right now.

Nicely put ... the IQD, is in fact NOT the EURO or the USD for that matter

With regard to the original post ... "no sale" ... you seem to be frustrated like the rest of us but the conclusions drawn are not supported by the facts.

Take a deep breath ... take the weekend off regarding IQD ... enjoy life.

Peace to you and yours

• Upvote 1

I disagree with this poster and agree that the IQD has nothing to do with the EURO situation.

The IQD will RV soon. Why? It's as simple as this.... IRAQ needs electricity services, water services, and just about anything to help with rebuilding their infrastructure. And companies from various countries are just waiting to do business with IRAQ to help. The problem is that the IQD is not worth anything internationally. If I was an owner of a company willing to do business with IRAQ and wanted to supply electrical parts, how am I going to get paid? The Dinar is worthless and I can't go to any bank and exchange it in USA or elsewhere for money I need. So, the IQD must be internationally tradeable soon and RV to a value that meets business needs with companies willing to supply services and equipment. Look for the Dinar to RV and be internationally tradeable as soon as IRAQ elections get ratified, PM and President elected, and Parliament seated. When this happens, the first order of business will be to make the Dinar internationally tradeable and worth a value to begin to do business with companies to rebuild IRAQ. When? IMO, by no later than mid-August this year.

So you are saying...........we shouldnt invest in the Euro right now.

True, but there is a body of thought that predicts that the Euro will be at parity with the Dollar soon, and on that basis one shouldn't hang one's hat on the USD either!

Apart from Gold, I'm not syure where that leaves us meantime. Perhaps we need to be linking with the Chinese currency?

Originally posted by K98 in News Forum in DV

Translated by IRAQdirectory.com - [5/30/2010]

Economist Basim Abdul-Hadi, confirmed that the decline of euro in global markets will have a positive and negative impact at the same time on Iraqi economy.

Abdul-Hadi said that the positive impact is the fact that all of Iraq's foreign reserves are in US dollar, adding that the price of the dollar against the depreciation of euro will increase the purchasing power of the dollar, which will result in importing more goods through foreign swap and exchange prices, with the same purchasing prices especially goods from European Union.

The negative impact of the decline of euro is the effect on the price of oil, though the barrel of oil is priced in US dollar, but the link between the dollar and euro as two major currencies in the global economy, leading to the possibility of lower oil prices which affects Iraqi oil exports.

He noted that the decline of euro is not sharp, pointing out that the treatment methods pursued by the European Union are promising, through pumping subsidies of 120 billion dollars.

Adding that we are waiting for the impact of actions taken by the European Union and it’s reflect on the global economy and oil prices generally, because the long-term decline in oil prices (below normal rates) would affect the Iraqi budget.

http://www.iraqdirec...s.aspx?id=12678

Read more:

As I stated Iraq is waiting for markets to stabalize before they RV, it clearly says it here. Everything I said in my original post is backed in this short statement.

I disagree. If Iraq waited for a stable global economy an RV would never take place. Iraq will RV for itself not for the world. In fact when Iraq does RV - it will help stablize the global economy. IMHO

• Upvote 2

YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER IRAQ IS A WORLD OF ITS OWN, IRAQ WILL DO WHAT EVER AND WHEN EVER IRAQ WANTS TO DO IT. THATS OBVIOUS LOOK AT WHAT HAS HAPPEN IN THE PAST TWO MONTHS. ELECTED A PM BUT YET HE HASN'T BEEN ANNOUNCE THE WINNER IMAGINE THAT... :lol:B)

IRAQ is the little kid that won't go to bed. The more that you want want and ask it to go to it's room to go to sleep, the more it wants to stay up and watch late night TV. IRAQ is using every excuse in the book not to go to it's room and pull the RV covers up and over it's head so the sandman can pay them a visit. Too much excitement from the electing a new Daddy (one who can't seem to get the old Daddy out of the Lazy boy) , still being made to sit in the corner all this time for being bad to Kuwait, maybe even crying that the countries down the street get to stay up late (without an RV) why can't it? For whatever reason little IRAQ does not want to go to bed, and it will take IMF, or UN, or USA or all three combined to get that little guy tucked in (or strapped down) so it can drift off into RV dreamland.

Originally posted by K98 in News Forum in DV

Translated by IRAQdirectory.com - [5/30/2010]

Economist Basim Abdul-Hadi, confirmed that the decline of euro in global markets will have a positive and negative impact at the same time on Iraqi economy.

Abdul-Hadi said that the positive impact is the fact that all of Iraq's foreign reserves are in US dollar, adding that the price of the dollar against the depreciation of euro will increase the purchasing power of the dollar, which will result in importing more goods through foreign swap and exchange prices, with the same purchasing prices especially goods from European Union.

The negative impact of the decline of euro is the effect on the price of oil, though the barrel of oil is priced in US dollar, but the link between the dollar and euro as two major currencies in the global economy, leading to the possibility of lower oil prices which affects Iraqi oil exports.

He noted that the decline of euro is not sharp, pointing out that the treatment methods pursued by the European Union are promising, through pumping subsidies of 120 billion dollars.

Adding that we are waiting for the impact of actions taken by the European Union and it’s reflect on the global economy and oil prices generally, because the long-term decline in oil prices (below normal rates) would affect the Iraqi budget.

http://www.iraqdirec...s.aspx?id=12678

Read more:

As I stated Iraq is waiting for markets to stabalize before they RV, it clearly says it here. Everything I said in my original post is backed in this short statement.

I don't trust any random economist no matter what they say. There have been articles from economists saying that Iraq could support a $5+ RV, but I don't see people referencing him for his opinion.

Second, the world will ALWAYS be in CHAOS somewhere. There is no perfect storm that will "allow" the Iraqi Dinar to RV. Understand that the DInar IS NOT pegged to the Euro.

The best thing for Iraq to do is show that they are stable....period....showing stability is the most important thing to think of when investors are involved...not so much of the value of their currency....just take for example Vietnam....they posted the highest growth percentage and their currency is worth less then the dinar....but seeing as how their economy is more stable then iraq, people are investing heavily in building up the country....not so the case yet with iraq....they are sitting up like a house of cards...flimsy at best....when they can show stability companies would be more apt to invest and dump money into their economy even if their currency isent at par with the US dollar....i think right now showing stability is the most important thing they can do....once they stop all the bickering within the govt and finally get things situated we should see things turn around for the better....people are aware of the possibilites of iraqs economy, but you cant count on that when they cant even take care of themselves......just my humble opinion....thought id share my thoughts with the dinar world lol....