Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

John McCain: Americans Should Accept Slavery

John McCain: Americans Should Accept Big Brother

May 10, 2014 By Matthew Burke

Republican Senator John McCain from Arizona tells radio host Dan Patrick that Americans should accept having their private conversations recorded. 

DAN PATRICK:  “What about taping somebody in his own home, using that…”

SEN. JOHN MCCAIN:  “It’s the world we  live in…it’s the world we live in. You don’t like it, but everything I say I expect to be recorded. It’s just the way we live, Dan. It’s something you’ve got to accept. I don’t particularly like it, but it is what it is.”

Live in fear in your own house really?

Accept slavery?

Is this really how you want to live? Is this what you call freedom?

The only way to stop this is to get off your butts and get involved

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

• Upvote 4

John McCain is a wore out incompetent old man. The sad thing is voter turn-out in this country. It's appalling to see who many clueless people that dont exercise their right to vote. Even as this country is being destroyed by people like McCain, who is just another big government rino that stands with liberals.   

• Upvote 4

I think McCain's words were misinterpreted.  He did not indorse slavery.  He does not like the way things are; with conversations being recorded.  But reality screams that thats the way things are right now.  They can be changed, but that will take years to undue.  We have allowed this to happen by not voicing our concerns earlier.  Of course, it has gone on for years and we are just now become aware of the situation.  It is despicable, evasive, and unethical, but it is happening.  

If we are afraid that someone will hear what we say in private, DON'T SAY IT!  Our speech reveals who we really are inside.  If someone is honorable in public then they should be honorable in private.  If I someone is only putting up a "good front" without really being a person of integrity, honest, and noble, such a person will eventually be exposed.  

Keep your conversation true at all times and you don't have anything to hide.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

John McCain is a wore out incompetent old man. The sad thing is voter turn-out in this country. It's appalling to see who many clueless people that dont exercise their right to vote. Even as this country is being destroyed by people like McCain, who is just another big government rino that stands with liberals.    

Right. McCain stands with the liberals........???

Liberals can't STAND McCain, dude. Are you serious? 

McCain is about as republican as you can get. And he is a warmonger - the more war the better.

I think McCain's words were misinterpreted.  He did not indorse slavery.  He does not like the way things are; with conversations being recorded.  But reality screams that thats the way things are right now.  They can be changed, but that will take years to undue.  We have allowed this to happen by not voicing our concerns earlier.  Of course, it has gone on for years and we are just now become aware of the situation.  It is despicable, evasive, and unethical, but it is happening.  

If we are afraid that someone will hear what we say in private, DON'T SAY IT!  Our speech reveals who we really are inside.  If someone is honorable in public then they should be honorable in private.  If I someone is only putting up a "good front" without really being a person of integrity, honest, and noble, such a person will eventually be exposed.  

Keep true and you will have nothing to hide?

Not true, unfortunately. You can be fired, investigated, audited and run over by a redneck truck if you speak your mind and others disagree. 

It's ALL ABOUT CONTROL! The government wants to be able to control EVERYTHING you do, be able to monitor every move you make, everything you say. It's George Orwell's 1984 come to fruition.

Wm13

Exactly true. I sued to teach 1984 the novel in Freshman college English. I was fired for it by a conservative university administration. Interpret this any way you want - that is the fact.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 10

AmericaInc, your ultra liberal indoctrination is understandable with the profession you are in, as most teachers are liberals. No offense. Obviously you were brainwashed throughout your youth all the way through college. I see this all the time. Its best to discuss politics with your own kind because here you are in the minority.

• Upvote 5

Nelg, on 13 May 2014 - 5:25 PM, said:snapback.png

Keep true and you will have nothing to hide?

Not true, unfortunately. You can be fired, investigated, audited and run over by a redneck truck if you speak your mind and others disagree. 

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/177859-john-mccain-americans-should-accept-slavery/#ixzz31dFenUo3

Do you think that being honest and truthful is then dependent on the situation?  Should one lie to stay out of trouble?  

Then how can you condemn government officials, congress, of even the President when they lie for the same reason, to stay out of political trouble?  

At what point do you defend lying and disdain truth?  If truth is jettisoned for the sake of gain, or twisted to prevent reprisal, then we have loss all integrity and we will have consequences greater than financial loss or pain.  

A good life, a foundational life that can be lived with no regret is based in honesty, truthfulness, and integrity.  We must hold to truth, and not let it go from us.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Good points Nelg.  A person doesn't have to hide from the truth, from telling the truth or the results of truth.  It is the calling of honorable people to stand for what is right, good and moral regardless of the evil actions directed against them from those who wish to recoil and hide from the truth.

Can you imagine a person who chose to not to tell the truth because they would lose a profession or possessions?  Who would trust such an individual?

Can you imagine a person who would rather tell a lie and live instead of the truth and die?  Who would trust such a person with national security matters that could dictate how others were to be able to live? 

As for Orwell's 1984, it was an English assignment at my high school in 1967.  Liberal administration you ask? No, conservative; dress code, no sandals, no shorts, no dress hemline above the knee, no smoking and violations included corporal punishment handed out by shop and gym teachers. Did I mention one hour mandatory PE in PE uniform everyday?  In over 4,000 students, four were hispanic and 0 blacks. (except for the chemistry teacher who was married to a white woman)  My graduating class was over 1,200 students!  In my three years at high school not one closure, not one stabbing, not one shooting.  Fights were seldom on campus but would occur after school at the local park.  As for pregnancies...well, there were 4,000 students, you do the math :peace:

And if you're wondering, yes, I was a troublemaker; I got caught once pitching pennies... oh, that long walk of shame to the gym coach for that butt searing swat, I've never been the same B)  

Edited by George Hayduke

Actually, McCain is a CFR hack.

He married into it, his wife is a Budweiser heir, and he sold his soul for gold.

As for "keep your conversations true", I am confused.

Do you mean PC correct, obama loving, happy to have every aspect of your life controlled and take happy pills?

Or, do you mean American fundamental true?

It's two different worlds, and personally, I resent the almost complete intrusion into every aspect of my life.

The way your talking, it seems like you would support Hitler's SS.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

He married into it, his wife is a Budweiser heir, and he sold his soul for gold.

Do you mean PC correct, obama loving, happy to have every aspect of your life controlled and take happy pills?

It's two different worlds, and personally, I resent the almost complete intrusion into every aspect of my life.

DM,

It's actually the "American Agenda" A Fascist society. Just look at the house of congress behind the speakers podium. There are two Facii one on either side. When was this built? Who designed it? It's a very interesting study.

December_6_2011_Enewsletter_HowCongressW

house_floor.jpg

Wm13

Edited by waterman13
  • Upvote 1

DM,

It's actually the "American Agenda" A Fascist society. Just look at the house of congress behind the speakers podium. There are two Facii one on either side. When was this built? Who designed it? It's a very interesting study.

Wm13

Please enlighten me, what is the origin and what do they stand for?

• Upvote 1

Please enlighten me, what is the origin and what do they stand for?

Please do some God inspired research. I pray God will show you the truth of what is happening in this country. It has been designed from the beginning to take over the people (disguised as freedom) to be a slave to the Illumanati, the banksters, who want to control the world. It is now actually the "Home of The Deceived and the Land of the Slave".  They have tried to make us all slaves of the Corporate UNITED STATES of AMERICA. It's a corporation, then they tried to make everyone a  sub corporation by giving us a number (SSN) making us a sub corporation of the US Corporation. If any public documentation is in all CAPITAL letters, it is a corporation. Look at your Driver's License, Incorporation paperwork, or any other government documents, it's all in CAPITAL letters. YOU are a CORPORATION to the government, that's how they can tax you.

God said that man was to have dominion over the earth, who has dominion now? Governments. Not man. The greatest deception ever.

Wm13

I could care less who McCain married.  It is not me that stands in judgment of who and what he is.  It doesn't bother me if he has billion or if he has nothing, the point is still the same.  Truth speaking is essential.  I am not defending anyone.  I am encouraging individuals that honesty and integrity are essential if this nation, or any nation, business, marriage, organization, or friendship is to last and become productive.  

I resent the intrusions as well.  It is Orwellian, wrong, and invasive.  Truth has nothing to do with being PC, and I am far from being fond of our current president.  Nor does any of this have to do with being "American fundamental true," whatever that is.  It is being true in everything that we do.  It's alway trying to do what is right and honorable among a society that will not respect you, but you do what is right anyway.  Its being honest in business when it might cost you heavily.  Its being honest with my taxes.  Its being faithful to my spouse. It is always being able to not be afraid that what you have said might be overheard, recorded, or examined because it is true and honorable.  When one sticks with truth and integrity from conscious thoughts to verbal expressions you will never have to regret or apologize for what was said.  Such an attitude helps you fight the crimes and charges against you when you have noting to hide.  

I will repeat what I wrote earlier.  If our country/society does not make some fundamental changes in the who we are as a people, we will destroy ourselves.  There is no one else to blame.  As Pogo says, ". . . the enemy is us."  

I refrain from making a comment about the last statement.  I know that it was said in ignorance.  

Such an attitude helps you fight the crimes and charges against you when you have noting to hide.  

I will repeat what I wrote earlier.  If our country/society does not make some fundamental changes in the who we are as a people, we will destroy ourselves. 

I refrain from making a comment about the last statement.  I know that it was said in ignorance.  

Nothing was said "in ignorance."

Anyone not agreeing 100% with this administration has already been labeled a terrorist.

Now, people are being persecuted for saying things in private, and the criminal is being called a hero.

How the hell is that even close to honorable?

Can't you see the obvious nest step?

How can you be so oblivious or obtuse?

How can this statement " If our country/society does not make some fundamental changes in the who we are as a people, we will destroy ourselves." if we can't even speak of it, even in private, without some freaking spy invading our privacy and destroying our lives?

I get what you mean, OF COURSE it is a good way to live, but persecuting people for anything said in private, ESPECIALLY in light of the progressive dominance of the media, is was too naive.

Either you are for individual freedom, or you are not.

The way you are talking, you obviously are not.

Edited by divemaster5734
  • Upvote 1

Nothing was said "in ignorance."

Anyone not agreeing 100% with this administration has already been labeled a terrorist.

Now, people are being persecuted for saying things in private, and the criminal is being called a hero.

How the hell is that even close to honorable?

Can't you see the obvious nest step?

How can you be so oblivious or obtuse?

How can this statement " If our country/society does not make some fundamental changes in the who we are as a people, we will destroy ourselves." if we can't even speak of it, even in private, without some freaking spy invading our privacy and destroying our lives?

I get what you mean, OF COURSE it is a good way to live, but persecuting people for anything said in private, ESPECIALLY in light of the progressive dominance of the media, is was too naive.

Either you are for individual freedom, or you are not.

The way you are talking, you obviously are not.

Rant away.  Obviously you have a preconceived idea of what I have written and have read into them what you are wanting to see.  Stop reading into what I have written and read what it there.  You know nothing of me or my mindset.  If you did you would know that the things you said are NOT WHAT WAS WRITTEN.  

Rant away.  Obviously you have a preconceived idea of what I have written and have read into them what you are wanting to see.  Stop reading into what I have written and read what it there.  You know nothing of me or my mindset.  If you did you would know that the things you said are NOT WHAT WAS WRITTEN.  

Not a rant. The whole point was to illustrate the precedent.

When has the government every shown restraint?

hmm, unless it relates to foreign policy, in which case they are completely spineless, the only time they have backed off is when they were faced with an armed and angry group of citizens.

Then, once again, tail between legs, they left, only after causing very unnecessary damage to personal property.

I have no desire to get into a pissin contest, and I do believe you were sincere.

But by allowing the PC thought police destroy an individual for words spoken in confidence has nothing but very grim consequence.

By supporting that practice in any way, shape, or form, we are only going to make them think it is OK.

That will only spur them on.

How long until there are hidden microphones illegally wiretapping people in their homes, and no one is prosecuted for that invasion because they heard some CEO telling his wife something the PC police don't like?

How is what happened any different?

IT ISN'T!!!

It is illegal, immoral, unethical, and a TOTAL INVASION OF PRIVACY!!!

That is off subject a bit, and I would conditionally agree with what you are saying, except that we are at a crossroads, and if people are not able to express themselves in private, we are doomed.

Who McCain is married to is of the utmost importance.

If you have no idea what that guy's motives are, how can you possibly be ably to intelligently understand any words he uses?

Politics in nothing but motives and agenda.

I don't understand how we are supposed to ignore the truth about a person that has the ability to destroy our lives, but them never speak you mind, even in priovate, because it might get you in trouble.

I know you are an intelligent guy, cant you see the paradox?

• Upvote 2

We are attacking the issue from two different perspectives.  You are attacking the government for their intrusion into the lives of the people.  I am attacking the moral and ethical problem that our society is accepted as normal.  Both need to be addressed.  

We have allowed the government too much control and given away too many rights and privileges.  The erosion of the Constitution and the open changing of laws that give more and more control to the government is deplorable and should be fought on every hand. We need the government OUT of our private lives. 

The encroachment into our personal lives has been going on for years and we (the people) have said nothing.  Land grabbing and deportation of the lands inhabitants is part of my history.  The Cherokee lands were taken, their culture and government destroyed, and their final march to a "better place" were all done because the US government wanted what they/we had.  A few outcries, but nothing substantial.  Such action has continued with an ever increasing speed by the powers from Washington.  Now Washington thinks it is their right to make any laws without the consent of "we the people."  THAT MUST BE STOPPED.  

My concern is the morality of individuals in and out of the government who believe that lying is wrong unless it suits their agenda or there is something to be gained by lying.  The politicians are good at that. It is a way of life.  But it doesn't end at the desk of government.  It is the culture, our culture that says lying and the lack of integrity is acceptable is long as it benefits me.  Such thinking comes from a mindset that permits the individual to speak from both sides of his mouth and believes its o.k. to do so. Such a person can speak racial slurs, lie, cheat and defraud with impunity while still justifying such behavior.  Individuals with this mindset have allowed the government to act the same way and it has come back to bit us in the butt.  

The heart of the problem is the heart of "we the people."  It is the heart/mind once changed that we start making things right again.  It certainly will take political action, or even physical force, but this will not happen unless the mind of the people changes. It is integrity and truth which calls to action, and which fights the lies and corruption of society.  

• Upvote 2

The government’s objective is to monetize all the failings of the human being.  The courts are the debt collectors and the bankers and underwriters are the benefactors.

If you count the homes and automobiles in the country that are mandatorily insured, factor in the underwriting of everything we produce as a country, do the math, then look at the new health care mandates; you may start to see that the government is only the enforcement for the people we are truly enslaved to. 

Are there any landmark cases that favored the citizen over the banks or insurance companies?

We are attacking the issue from two different perspectives.  You are attacking the government for their intrusion into the lives of the people.  I am attacking the moral and ethical problem that our society is accepted as normal.  Both need to be addressed.  

We have allowed the government too much control and given away too many rights and privileges.  The erosion of the Constitution and the open changing of laws that give more and more control to the government is deplorable and should be fought on every hand. We need the government OUT of our private lives. 

The encroachment into our personal lives has been going on for years and we (the people) have said nothing.  Land grabbing and deportation of the lands inhabitants is part of my history.  The Cherokee lands were taken, their culture and government destroyed, and their final march to a "better place" were all done because the US government wanted what they/we had.  A few outcries, but nothing substantial.  Such action has continued with an ever increasing speed by the powers from Washington.  Now Washington thinks it is their right to make any laws without the consent of "we the people."  THAT MUST BE STOPPED.  

My concern is the morality of individuals in and out of the government who believe that lying is wrong unless it suits their agenda or there is something to be gained by lying.  The politicians are good at that. It is a way of life.  But it doesn't end at the desk of government.  It is the culture, our culture that says lying and the lack of integrity is acceptable is long as it benefits me.  Such thinking comes from a mindset that permits the individual to speak from both sides of his mouth and believes its o.k. to do so. Such a person can speak racial slurs, lie, cheat and defraud with impunity while still justifying such behavior.  Individuals with this mindset have allowed the government to act the same way and it has come back to bit us in the butt.  

The heart of the problem is the heart of "we the people."  It is the heart/mind once changed that we start making things right again.  It certainly will take political action, or even physical force, but this will not happen unless the mind of the people changes. It is integrity and truth which calls to action, and which fights the lies and corruption of society.  

One thing is obvious, I really need to forgo DV after 20 hour days. Not sure about you, but it was stupid late for me, 9 hours in the office then 11 hours in the field, and judging by the typos, I may have even been "sleep posting".

Of course, there is great truth in what you say.

Double standards is a huge reason for why our society is where it is.

My  history was persecuted by eastern European totalitarian regimes, yours by the western totalitarian one.

Who can possibly forget the Trail of Tears.

I am glad we were both able to add clarification through discussion.

We are fighting for the same ideals, one day, we may be fighting side by side.

• Upvote 1

One thing is obvious, I really need to forgo DV after 20 hour days. Not sure about you, but it was stupid late for me, 9 hours in the office then 11 hours in the field, and judging by the typos, I may have even been "sleep posting".

Of course, there is great truth in what you say.

Double standards is a huge reason for why our society is where it is.

My  history was persecuted by eastern European totalitarian regimes, yours by the western totalitarian one.

Who can possibly forget the Trail of Tears.

I am glad we were both able to add clarification through discussion.

We are fighting for the same ideals, one day, we may be fighting side by side.

I fear that may come sooner than we anticipate.  I pray that it will not.  Peace my friend.  

• Upvote 1