Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Deleting the zeros is not what you want!

keepmwlknfny

dontlop says: "2) who else was this action approved if by the world bank , United Nations , the International Monetary Fund , and the bank of international settlements 

3) who else was set up on a program rate by the International Monetary Fund for monitoring purposes"

Could you provide a link for these two items? I've never seen this except as part of a guru explanation. The program rate is not a law Iraq has to follow, although many gurus suggest that it is. The program rate is simply a number the IMF chose as an internal accounting measure. Iraq has moved their exchange rate from the "program" rate a number of times. Iraq has complete control of its own exchange rate, not the IMF. The IMF has pointed this out that it has no control over Iraq's exchange rate, most recently when questions were asked during the TNT Tony twitter nonsense.

What about you answering the rest of the post first

The part you don't need a link to

Then maybe I'll do your home work for you and use my google

Think about it RVPleaseToday you tore apart my response to your entire response

And refuse to answer anything

So why should I do anything for you until you do something but dance around the questions I posed to you because of your post

It must not be obvious to you that what has happened in Iraq has not been made an issue by any of those organizations

But for some reason you want to believe the world bank and the United Nations and the IMF and bis all had a problem with what the CPA did

So you want a link to prove they didn't

Well show me a link where the CPA got any trouble from any of them for ordering a new currency and removing the Iraqi govt and by decree replaced the cbi law

I don't know what you mean by used as an arguement. But if you mean asking you a question is an arguement then so be it

I knew you wouldnt and couldn't answer the questions

But I hope this link still works to the IMF for ya

3. For purposes of monitoring under the program, a program exchange rate will be

used. This program exchange rate will be set at ID 1,170 per U.S. dollar. The program

exchange rate will be used to convert into Iraqi dinars the U.S. dollar value of all CBI foreign

assets and liabilities denominated in U.S. dollars, as required. For CBI assets and liabilities

denominated in SDRs and in foreign currencies other than the U.S. dollar, they will be

converted in U.S. dollars at their respective SDR-exchange rates prevailing as of

December 31, 2010, as published on the IMF’s website.

Oh I have the link too

What next that's all history so it doesn't count that's over

So to you they were not put on a program rate of exchange by the IMF ??

Any way I realize you cannot answer

The questions in writing they would be on record

By the way those other lops are over they are history so you can't use them as a reference

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Who are you really Keep? Not that you will tell us. And that's understandable. For those of us who have been around awhile know you've been spouting off the same stuff for long time. Why are you here? Bored? Trying to save us? You have an agenda. It's not hard to read between the lines. No need to reply. I would have a better argument with my pet rock.

• Upvote 4

dontlop, I'm not clear what I have not answered. Iraq's problem with their currency didn't begin because they were invaded. It began in 2004, when they started printing more and more of the new Dinar, inflating 25 billion dinar to 80 trillion dinar. That's why it is worthless now. The inflated dinar was the dinar put in place following the invasion.

And, "3. For purposes of monitoring under the program, a program exchange rate will be used" means exactly what it says. The IMF uses that amount for monitoring purposes only. The IMF has said that it has no control over Iraq's exchange rate. Do you think they are lying?

Who are you really Keep? Not that you will tell us. And that's understandable. For those of us who have been around awhile know you've been spouting off the same stuff for long time. Why are you here? Bored? Trying to save us? You have an agenda. It's not hard to read between the lines. No need to reply. I would have a better argument with my pet rock.

Are you getting defensive over this thread?

There are many new members all the time to the dinar and to this site that don't know what is meant when the CBI is talking about deleting the zeros. All they have heard is the guru twist telling them it's exactly what they want to happen (RV) when it's the farthest from the truth.

Do you not believe that people should be informed properly?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Hey just keep going it will all be on pages behind you soon

Just keep dodging like your told

dontlop says: "2) who else was this action approved if by the world bank , United Nations , the International Monetary Fund , and the bank of international settlements 

3) who else was set up on a program rate by the International Monetary Fund for monitoring purposes"

Could you provide a link for these two items? I've never seen this except as part of a guru explanation. The program rate is not a law Iraq has to follow, although many gurus suggest that it is. The program rate is simply a number the IMF chose as an internal accounting measure. Iraq has moved their exchange rate from the "program" rate a number of times. Iraq has complete control of its own exchange rate, not the IMF. The IMF has pointed this out that it has no control over Iraq's exchange rate, most recently when questions were asked during the TNT Tony twitter nonsense.

I asked you to show me another country that lopped that had the same situation Iraq had

Now you claim you answered it with the above

And you don't understand what you haven't answered

Don't understand the bringing out of personalities and stereo typing them as gurus

But

Can you show us one time in history where the circumstances in Iraq were repeated by any of those country's that lopped

And let me explain what was different in Iraq

Then I'd like your response

....... ............ ......

Ok

1) who else that lopped was invaded by foriegn country's and the foriegn country ordered a new currency and exchange rates by decree of that invading country

2) who else was this action approved if by the world bank , United Nations , the International Monetary Fund , and the bank of international settlements

3) who else was set up on a program rate by the International Monetary Fund for monetering purposes

Please explain how Iraq is just like all the other country's that lopped

Especially the program rate

Here RVPleaseToday maybe you need to read it again and show me how you answered it

All you did was question that these examples happened in Iraq

dontlop, I haven't dodged anything. I pointed out to you that the problem with Iraq's currency started AFTER the invasion, so whether or not they were invaded is not relevant. The relevant factors for us today are that Iraq inflated it's currency from 25 billion dinar to 80 trillion dinar, and that they do not have enough foreign reserves to back that much currency at a higher exchange rate than it is now. The IMF has no control over Iraq's exchange rate and never has. The IMF functions only in an advisory role.

"The usual approach taken by the IMF is to advise member countries on the implications of adopting different exchange rate regimes, to consider the choice of regime to be a matter for each member country, and to tailor its overall policy advice to the regime chosen in each case. Discussions about the appropriate exchange rate policy and regime, and, issues relating to exchange restrictions may be important and, at times, central aspects of program negotiations and surveillance discussions. But given a country's chosen exchange rate regime, the approach followed by the IMF is to provide policy advice that is consistent with the maintenance of the chosen regime and other policy objectives." (Emphasis mine)

• Upvote 1

Can you show me that all these country's were invaded

And their govt was replaced the cbi law was re written And the invading forces ordered a new currency and the IMF placed a program rate on it or the cbi placed a program rate on it or the goi placed a program rate on it

The IMF web PDF simply says it has a program rate used for monitoring purposes

Show me that all or no other country is like Iraq

Or just some of them

Something

Why you think every country is the same under banking laws

Dontlop, it doesn't matter if they are the only country that was invaded. The currency has been inflated over the 10 years AFTER the invasion. What does the fact that they were invaded have to do with anything?

lops are done to do away with the effects of hyper-inflation (as 25 billion to 80 trillion). They are not done to do away with the effects of an invasion.

The history doesn't matter. The problem is that they have 80 trillion dinar TODAY.

And the way countries solve that problem is to lop.

Unfortunately, Iraq seems to have decided to print even more currency, which is going to inflate the Dinar even more.

Edited by RVPleaseToday

Just thought I'd ask if all these country's your comparing Iraq to had the same circumstances as Iraq

You know how circumstances mean everything

I can show you many discussions about the Swiss dinar and the Kuwait dinar where certain

Dividuals

Would say if the buying power doesn't change then there's no rv

So I point to the Kuwait dinar where the buying power did increase over night by govts decree and then guess what they say

Well Kuwait is different than Iraq

So buying power doesn't matter unless ya want it to

And official exchange rates don't matter unless ya want it to

So I guess I'll just call bs

Ah, Kuwait again. We've been all over your misrepresentation of what happened in Kuwait, so we don't need to go there again.

So, back to the topic, you don't think removing three zeros from the currency means a lop?

What I said is not trying to bring Kuwait into the discussion

It was giving an example of people using official exchange rates and buying power " market rates" to suit a debate at the time then saying the exact opposit in another discussion

Either the buying power sets is the determining factor or the official exchange rates are

Ya cNt have it both ways

But they constantly change their story's pending what they want to defend

By claiming they are two different scenarios

So I'm pointing out there are two different scenarios

Now you want to say there's no difference in banking practices from country to country ?? That they are linked to some sort of standard ??

Or do you think the Iraq situation is exactly like everyone else

Remember there is records of these conversations to referance , deniability is out of the question

I've said nothing about banking practices.

dontlop, the Iraqi situation is what it is. They have 80 trillion dinar. They have announced they are printing more of the same IQD (with prettier pictures and added security features). Printing more IQD will simply further inflate their currency. And require even more backing. They keep talking about a future lop.

So, is a lop a good thing, as many people seem to think now, or is it a bad thing?

When someone tells you that the market rates "( buying power)"are what determins if a currency was revalued or not and I say well then let's talk about Kuwait

How is that misrepresenting the facts

All I get back is well Kuwait was different

Their allowed to change the official exchange rate and the market rates follow and that's not a revaluation because someone read someone else's analysis

Edited by dontlop

caz says: "DontLop asked some pretty simple questions"

And I answered his questions. Iraq was invaded. Since the invasion Iraq has inflated it's currency from 25 billion to 80 trillion dinar. The IMF has no control over the currency of Iraq.

Edited by RVPleaseToday
  • Upvote 1

caz says: "DontLop asked some pretty simple questions"

And I answered his questions. Iraq was invaded. Since the invasion Iraq has inflated it's currency from 25 billion to 80 trillion dinar. The IMF has no control over the currency of Iraq.

Can you name any other country's that had the same experience as Iraq ? Edited by dontlop

No idea, dontlop. I can't figure out what Iraq's experience has to do with the topic, though.

dontlop says: "When someone tells you that the market rates "( buying power)"are what determins if a currency was revalued or not and I say well then let's talk about Kuwait"

I have no idea what market rates have to do with the topic.

Is a lop a good thing or a bad thing?

It could of been a real simple answer

No idea, dontlop. I can't figure out what Iraq's experience has to do with the topic, though.

Oh you think this topic is about some other country

Sorry didn't know that's what you thought

Wrong

I simply gave an example where an example was needed

And you try to say I'm trying to steer this to Kuwait

I'm simply saying that according to some the circumstances are what matter

And now your saying that Iraqs circumstances have nothing to do with it

That's good enough for me to referance in the future

Your answer was " no idea" after two pages of trying not to answer it in print

I'm just trying to use your past arguements to see how you justify your future arguements

Sometimes these things get confusing when people's story's change from topic to topic

So you have no idea

If any other country's that lopped had the same situation as Iraq where

Invading forces removed the central govt

Ordered a new currency

And a program rate for monitoring purposes was put in place