Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq is preparing to file a lawsuit against Turkey for allowing the export of oil Kurdistan

yota691

Iraq is preparing to file a lawsuit against Turkey for allowing the export of oil Kurdistan

JANUARY 17, 2014
17x50.jpg

BAGHDAD - news agencies announced Iraq's oil minister, Abdul-Karim Luaibi, said on Friday that his country has taken legal action to file a lawsuit against the Turkish government for allowing the Kurdistan region of Iraq to export crude oil without the approval of the central government. 

said Iraq's oil minister said in a statement that 'the Ministry of Oil has taken the necessary measures commissioned law enforcement agencies in Baghdad and Ankara to start legal proceedings to establish the lawsuits on the Turkish government so as to allowing the territory to pump oil through the export pipeline and without the approval of the central government. " 

and explained that it 'represents an imbalance and a clear violation of a legal agreement governing the export of Iraqi oil through Turkey , and which was extended in 2010, includes in its terms that the Iraqi government and across the Iraqi Oil Marketing Company (SOMO) is the only party responsible for the export of Iraqi oil through Turkey '. He added that the Turkish government has been notified of the move through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 

referred to as' the Report all companies and not to deal with the region to purchase any quantities of oil, which is the smuggler, and they will be exposed to prosecution. And all the companies that will deal with the shipments of contraband will be exposed for the county, and not deal with the oil ministry never '. 

Iraqi minister said that 'the Iraqi government now has several measures in the process taken to respond to the Turkish side, including the boycott of all Turkish companies, and the cancellation of all contracts with Turkish companies'. 

According to the minister Allaibi the Turkish Energy Minister previously and 'stressed Turkey's commitment to this agreement, which also stipulates not allow Turkey using the system exports without the consent of the Iraqi government, although what happened to allow the Kurdistan region to pump oil through the system of export in order to export it is a blatant violation to this agreement. ' 

and stated that 'Turkey should consider clearly to its interests and its trade relations with Iraq as the trade to 12 billion dollars and is not in the interest of Turkey to be affected by this relationship.' 

added 'Our insistence on unification of exports and the unification of the income is to ensure the stability of the country, Any imbalance in this system will result in serious repercussions. We as a government, we were surprised to begin exporting oil from the region and through the announcement of the launch quantities of crude oil for sale and this is contrary to the Constitution. " 

In response to this step, the government has asked the Finance Ministry to start calculating the amount of damage resulting from the non-delivery of 400 thousand barrels agreed with the region in Federal budget for 2014 starting this month. ' 

and the Kurdistan Regional Government said last week that oil began flowing in the pipeline and is expected to start exports at the end of January and called for providers Aerodely register themselves with the Marketing Organization of Petroleum in Kurdistan. 

For his part, Turkish Energy Minister said yesterday that comments Iraqi minister on legal action possible against Turkey must and it 'was expressed in a way that is inaccurate.' 

told Tanz Yildiz channel (Sky 360) television 'are casting a statement different every week' in reference to the government in central Baghdad. He added 'I consider this statement phrase was a way to express them is inaccurate.'

I said LONG ago...the ME mindset is RIFE with the culture of "saving face" IMO all these "clowns" (sorry thuggie....couldn't think of an alternative) are trying to save face...and in my military experience with ME military officers they would rather die than lose face...sooooo sick....and I am truly sorry for their people....

:nooo:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: 

EE you're a good man and we love you but I must respectfully disagree.

Just today there was an article telling us how Maliki is heading to Turkey to make

nice and get them involved with Iraq's future. Are we now supposed to actually believe

he's going there to give them the court papers personally? I tell you between the

Election politics and the B.S. smoke articles it's nearly impossible to follow this investment.

One thing that I would bet every bit of dinar I hold on is that this issue with Kurdistan

is pure smoke. How long will they drag it out is anybody's guess, but until I actually see

Kurdistan declare independence I'm calling all negative oil articles crap.

• Upvote 1

pdf_button.pngprintButton.pngemailButton.png

Saturday, 18 January 2014 13:14

387764376.jpgaltShafaq News / Iraqi Oil Ministry confirmed on Saturday that committees shall identify " damage " caused by Kurdistan Regions ‘export for oil through Turkish territory and the legal sanctions on them.

“ Baghdad would take legal action and other action to " punish" Turkey and Kurdistan Region and also foreign companies for any participation in exports of " smuggled " Kurdish oil without the approval of Baghdad,”The Iraqi Minister of Oil , Abdul -Karim al-Laeebi said in a press statement , on Friday.

The media spokesman for the Ministry of oil, Assem Jihad told “shafaq News " , that "the government will take all legal action against anyone who use Iraqi oil illegally ."

Ankara reduced quoting its Energy Minister , Tanz Yildiz on Friday , threats of the Iraqi government , by saying " they cast a different statement every week ."

Jihad said that "there are specialized experts and committees that will work to determine the status of the damage that will inflict Iraq if Erbil continued in their quest to export oil without the approval of Baghdad and take legal action against the Erbil and Turkey " , calling for “ the adoption of dialogue to solve all problems between Baghdad and Erbil and seek the best investment of national wealth .

Kurdistan attempts to sell oil and gas directly has raised the anger of the officials in Baghdad, who assert that the federal government has the only right to manage energy resources of Iraq .

The Region 's government said last week that oil began flowing in a new pipeline to Turkey and it is expected to start the export at the end of this month to strengthen supplies in February and March .

But Prime Minister , Nuri al-Maliki threatened to reduce the share of the financial budget of Kurdistan if it goes ahead with plans to export without the approval of Baghdad .