Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Virtues of Lemons & Cucumbers

Sage449

The 7 Benefits of Lemon:

1. Gives your immune system a boost.
Vitamin C is like our immune system’s battery, and lemon juice is full of it. And If I haven’t said so before, I will again. Vitamin C is hugely important. The level of it in your system is one of the first things to plummet when you’re stressed, which is why I recommend popping extra vitamin C during especially stressful days.

2. Excellent source of potassium.
As already mentioned, lemons are high in potassium, which is good for heart health, as well as brain and nerve function.

3. Aids in digestion.
Lemon juice not only encourages healthy digestion it helps to relieve symptoms of indigestion like
heartburn.

4. Cleanses your system.
It helps flush out the toxins in your body by enhancing enzyme function, stimulating your liver.

5. Freshens your breath.
That’s right. A little lemon goes a long way so remember that the next time you have your presentation or need to be up at the podium.

6. Keeps your skin blemish-free.
The antioxidants in lemon juice help to not only decrease blemishes, but wrinkles too! Because it helps detoxify your blood, it will maintain your skin’s radiance.

7. Helps you lose weight.
Lemons contain pectin fiber, which assists in fighting hunger cravings. Lemon water is a great to way to curb your appetite.

The 7 Benefits of Cucumber:

1. Keeps you hydrated.
If you are too busy to drink enough water, munch on the cool cucumber, which is 96 percent water.
It will cheerfully compensate! And obviously they taste better than eating a lemon.

2. Fights heartburn.
Cucumbers can actually do wonders to sooth heartburn and that nasty unexpected indigestion.

3. Keep the heat down.
If you got a little too much sun you can apply cucumber on your skin, and you get relief
from that itchy sunburn.

Speaking of sunburn, please stay out of those tanning salons! UV light is terrible for your skin and not worth the long-term effects studies show they can have causing harm to your skin… I digress, I’m sorry. But I’m always looking out for you!

4. Flushes out toxins.
All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your system. With regular use, cucumber is known to dissolve any unwanted bad things in our kidneys.

5. Lavishes you with vitamins.
Cucumber will definitely boost your immunity, and help give you energy, and keep you radiant.
Not to mention its skin-friendly minerals. That’s why cucumber-based treatments abound in SPAS!

6. Revives the eyes.
Placing chilled slices of cucumber on the eyes is a clichéd beauty visual, but it really helps reduce under-eye bags and puffiness.

7. Fights against Cancer.
Believe it or not, cucumbers have cancer-fighting potential which is plenty of reason to eat or drink
it whenever we have the chance.

• Upvote 1

Couple of quick follow ups on the lemons ( I do like lemons)

Research has shown that lemon balm has a calming effect and therefore may be able to help remove fatigue, exhaustion, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness, and tension. It is also believed that inhaling lemon oil helps in increasing concentration and alertness.

Lemon poultices applied overnight are a good home remedy for corns and calluses. Place a slice of lemon approx 5 mm thick on to the corn, bandage and fasten. Dabbing the affected area with lemon essential oil also helps accelerate the healing process. Take care to only use the undiluted oil on the callused area using a cotton ball or Q- tip, as it is too strong for un-callused skin.

Medical Precautions Note: If you suffer from heartburn, kidney or gall bladder problems or have a citrus allergy consult your doctor before using these remedies or drinking lemon juice. To protect your teeth enamel, wait at least half an hour before brushing your teeth after chewing, drinking or rinsing with lemon juice. Rubbing lemon juice or oil and drinking lemon juice is not suitable for children under the age of 10. Lemons are effective home remedies for a variety of health concerns but in the case of serious illness always consult your doctor first.

• Upvote 1

An interesting article about FRUIT
THIS IS AN EYE OPENER  
Dr. Stephen Mak says he treats terminal cancer patients in an "un-orthodox" way, and many patients recover. He explained, that before he uses solar energy to clear the illnesses of his patients, he relies on natural healing in the body against illnesses. See the article below.

Fruits and fruit juices are one of the strategies I use to heal cancer. Lately, my success rate in curing cancer is about 80%. Cancer patients shouldn't die. The cure for cancer has already been found, whether you believe it or not.
I am sorry for the hundreds of cancer patients who die under the conventional treatments. Very few live for 5 years under conventional treatments; most live for only 2 to 3 years. Without conventional treatments makes no difference, because most cancer patients also live for 2 to 3 years without any treatment. It is difficult to cure cancer patients who've undergone chemo and radiotherapy, as their cells become toxic and weak. Then, when there is a relapse, the cancer spreads very fast, as the resistance is poor.
Thanks, and God bless.

Dr Stephen Mak

This is informative!

We all think eating fruit means just buying fruit, cutting it up and popping it into our mouths.

It's not that easy. It's important to know
how
and
when
to eat fruit.

What's the correct way to eat fruit?

IT MEANS
NOT
EATING FRUIT
AFTER
A MEAL!

FRUIT SHOULD BE EATEN ON AN
EMPTY
STOMACH.

Eating fruit like that plays a major role in detoxifying your system,

supplying you with a great deal of energy for weight loss and other life activities..

FRUIT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FOOD.

Let's say you eat two slices of bread, then a slice of fruit. The slice of fruit is ready to go straight through the stomach into the intestines, but it's prevented from doing so.

In the meantime, the whole meal rots and ferments, and turns to acid. The minute the fruit comes into contact with the food in the stomach, and digestive juices, the entire mass of food begins to spoil

Eat your fruit on an
empty
stomach
or
before your meal
!

You've heard people complain: Every time I eat watermelon I burp, when I eat durian my stomach bloats,

when I eat a banana I feel like running to the toilet, etc. This will not happen if you eat the fruit on an empty stomach.

Fruit mixes with the putrefying other food and produces gas. Hence, you bloat!

Graying hair
balding,
nervous outburst
, and
dark circles under the eyes 

all of these will
NOT
happen if you eat fruit on an empty stomach.

There's no such thing as some fruits, like orange and lemon are acidic, because all fruit becomes alkaline in our body, according to Dr. Herbert Shelton who did research on this matter.

If you have mastered the correct way of eating fruit, you have the Secret of

Beauty, Longevity, Health, Energy, Happiness and normal weight

When you need to drink fruit juice, drink only
fresh
fruit juice, NOT from the cans.

Don't drink juice that has been heated. Don't eat cooked fruit; you don't get the nutrients at all.

You get only the taste.

Cooking destroys all of the vitamins

Eating a whole fruit is better than drinking the juice.

If you should drink the juice, drink it mouthful by mouthful slowly, because you must let it mix with your saliva before swallowing it

You can go on a 3-day fruit-fast to cleanse your body.

Eat fruit and drink fruit juice for just 3 days, and you will be surprised when your friends say how radiant you look!

KIWI:
Tiny but mighty, and a good source of potassium, magnesium, vitamin E & fiber. Its vitamin C content is twice that of an orange!

AN
APPLE

a day keeps the doctor away? Although an apple has a low vitamin C content, it has antioxidants & flavonoids which enhances the activity of vitamin C, thereby helping to lower the risk of colon cancer, heart attack & stroke.

STRAWBERRY
:
Protective Fruit. Strawberries have the highest total antioxidant power among major fruits & protect the body from cancer-causing, blood vessel-clogging free radicals.

2  to 4
ORANGES

a day may help keep colds away, lower cholesterol, prevent & dissolve kidney stones, and reduce the risk of colon cancer.

WATER
MELON
:
Coolest thirst quencher. Composed of 92% water, it is also packed with a giant dose of glutathione, which helps boost our immune system.

Also a key source of lycopene, the cancer-fighting oxidant. Also found in watermelon: Vitamin C & Potassium

GUAVA
&
PAPAYA
:
Top awards for vitamin C. They are the clear winners for their high vitamin C content.

Guava is also rich in fiber, which helps prevent constipation. Papaya is rich in carotene, good for your eyes. 

Drinking Cold water after a meal = Cancer!

Can u believe this? For those who like to drink cold water, this applies to you. It's nice to have a cold drink after a meal,

however, the
cold water will solidify the oily stuff
that you've just consumed, which
slows digestion.

Once this 'sludge' reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food.

It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer.
It is best to drink hot soup, hot tea, or warm water
after
a meal

HEART ATTACK PROCEDURE

People should know that not every heart attack symptom is going to be the left arm hurting.

Be aware of intense pain in the jaw. You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack. Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms.

Sixty percent of people who have a heart attack while they're asleep do not wake up. Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep. Be careful, and be aware. The more we know, the better our chance to survive.

• Upvote 1

An interesting article about FRUIT
THIS IS AN EYE OPENER  
Dr. Stephen Mak says he treats terminal cancer patients in an "un-orthodox" way, and many patients recover. He explained, that before he uses solar energy to clear the illnesses of his patients, he relies on natural healing in the body against illnesses. See the article below.

Fruits and fruit juices are one of the strategies I use to heal cancer. Lately, my success rate in curing cancer is about 80%. Cancer patients shouldn't die. The cure for cancer has already been found, whether you believe it or not.
I am sorry for the hundreds of cancer patients who die under the conventional treatments. Very few live for 5 years under conventional treatments; most live for only 2 to 3 years. Without conventional treatments makes no difference, because most cancer patients also live for 2 to 3 years without any treatment. It is difficult to cure cancer patients who've undergone chemo and radiotherapy, as their cells become toxic and weak. Then, when there is a relapse, the cancer spreads very fast, as the resistance is poor.
Thanks, and God bless.

Dr Stephen Mak

This is informative!

We all think eating fruit means just buying fruit, cutting it up and popping it into our mouths.

It's not that easy. It's important to know
how
and
when
to eat fruit.

What's the correct way to eat fruit?

IT MEANS
NOT
EATING FRUIT
AFTER
A MEAL!

FRUIT SHOULD BE EATEN ON AN
EMPTY
STOMACH.

Eating fruit like that plays a major role in detoxifying your system,

supplying you with a great deal of energy for weight loss and other life activities..

FRUIT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FOOD.

Let's say you eat two slices of bread, then a slice of fruit. The slice of fruit is ready to go straight through the stomach into the intestines, but it's prevented from doing so.

In the meantime, the whole meal rots and ferments, and turns to acid. The minute the fruit comes into contact with the food in the stomach, and digestive juices, the entire mass of food begins to spoil

Eat your fruit on an
empty
stomach
or
before your meal
!

You've heard people complain: Every time I eat watermelon I burp, when I eat durian my stomach bloats,

when I eat a banana I feel like running to the toilet, etc. This will not happen if you eat the fruit on an empty stomach.

Fruit mixes with the putrefying other food and produces gas. Hence, you bloat!

Graying hair
balding,
nervous outburst
, and
dark circles under the eyes 

all of these will
NOT
happen if you eat fruit on an empty stomach.

There's no such thing as some fruits, like orange and lemon are acidic, because all fruit becomes alkaline in our body, according to Dr. Herbert Shelton who did research on this matter.

If you have mastered the correct way of eating fruit, you have the Secret of

Beauty, Longevity, Health, Energy, Happiness and normal weight

When you need to drink fruit juice, drink only
fresh
fruit juice, NOT from the cans.

Don't drink juice that has been heated. Don't eat cooked fruit; you don't get the nutrients at all.

You get only the taste.

Cooking destroys all of the vitamins

Eating a whole fruit is better than drinking the juice.

If you should drink the juice, drink it mouthful by mouthful slowly, because you must let it mix with your saliva before swallowing it

You can go on a 3-day fruit-fast to cleanse your body.

Eat fruit and drink fruit juice for just 3 days, and you will be surprised when your friends say how radiant you look!

KIWI:
Tiny but mighty, and a good source of potassium, magnesium, vitamin E & fiber. Its vitamin C content is twice that of an orange!

AN
APPLE

a day keeps the doctor away? Although an apple has a low vitamin C content, it has antioxidants & flavonoids which enhances the activity of vitamin C, thereby helping to lower the risk of colon cancer, heart attack & stroke.

STRAWBERRY
:
Protective Fruit. Strawberries have the highest total antioxidant power among major fruits & protect the body from cancer-causing, blood vessel-clogging free radicals.

2  to 4
ORANGES

a day may help keep colds away, lower cholesterol, prevent & dissolve kidney stones, and reduce the risk of colon cancer.

WATER
MELON
:
Coolest thirst quencher. Composed of 92% water, it is also packed with a giant dose of glutathione, which helps boost our immune system.

Also a key source of lycopene, the cancer-fighting oxidant. Also found in watermelon: Vitamin C & Potassium

GUAVA
&
PAPAYA
:
Top awards for vitamin C. They are the clear winners for their high vitamin C content.

Guava is also rich in fiber, which helps prevent constipation. Papaya is rich in carotene, good for your eyes. 

Drinking Cold water after a meal = Cancer!

Can u believe this? For those who like to drink cold water, this applies to you. It's nice to have a cold drink after a meal,

however, the
cold water will solidify the oily stuff
that you've just consumed, which
slows digestion.

Once this 'sludge' reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food.

It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer.
It is best to drink hot soup, hot tea, or warm water
after
a meal

HEART ATTACK PROCEDURE

People should know that not every heart attack symptom is going to be the left arm hurting.

Be aware of intense pain in the jaw. You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack. Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms.

Sixty percent of people who have a heart attack while they're asleep do not wake up. Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep. Be careful, and be aware. The more we know, the better our chance to survive.

Thanks Moose that was very interesting to read and to now know.    
:twothumbs:

MIT & Vietnam - good ones - made me laugh. :lol:  :lol:  :D  I posted this thread, since beginning 2014 and maybe moving to be more healthy?

Moose, good stuff - I read where humans are supposed to eat 2/3rds to 3/4's of our daily diet should be consumed in fruits and veggies - gosh, I'd be a sylph if I did that!

Sorry, but the post about fruit really isn't true. Neither is "food combining". Now, I agree you just shouldn't put SOME foods together because it sucks, but to say "don't eat any fruit with anything else!" has no basic in real physiology or science. if this were the case, why it is I can eat an AVOCADO (which is a fruit) or olive oil (fruit oil) or tomatoes (another fruit)with something else and experience NO problems with digestion? How about pineapple and ham? never a problems with that. fruit marinade with some meats? Again, no problems there either. The problem lies in your digestive ability, not in the food item. NO FOOD will alkaline or acidify your body-that's just plain ol stupid. I wrote about this in this forum before. I really get riled when a doctor is promoting this crap-n-nonsense. Total bunk. there is NOT ONE scientific study to show this to be true. Blood ph is at a constant 7.45 +/- .01. Anything else (up or down) is bad news and your body will compensate to maintain that Ph. There is no such thing as: Acid/Alkaline Balance. Your blood is never balanced this way, It is ALWAYS Alkaline. If it isn't, you dead or almost there. And when you die, your blood becomes extremely alkaline. So much for that idea.

Fruit is a good food-YES. Wonderful to eat, but I wouldn't recommend anyone becoming a fruit-eater only. Fruit juice fasting isn't recommended either since all that sugar will cause an insulin drive along with a cortisol responses which will inhibit detox and normal body function. back a 100 years ago, sure. Probably worked, but today! with all those wonderful toxins in our system, you'd better make sure your Phase II conjugation pathway is top condition-which means amino acid optimized and not just Phase I CP-450 pathways working. So, water or herbal tea fasting (also great for those with cancer to RESENSTIVITISE your insulin response) is a great item. What I do is intermittent fasting (not eating anything for 10 hours or more) daily or often works well also.

FRUIT IS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT FOOD. If you stop eating fruit, what would happen to you? ZERO! You'd be like the Eskimos (well, BEFORE meeting westerners) no heart disease, stroke, etc. Pretty healthy. If you stop eating FAT, what would happen to you? You'd become sick and die! Ever heard of EFA's? ESSENTIAL FATTY acids. This means you MUST eat them to be healthy. Ever heard of an ESSENTIAL carbohydrate? Sorry, there are NONE! So, you must eat fats and proteins to be healthy, but need NO carbohydrate to live. Fruit is a pure carbohydrate. Sorry, the doc who wrote this needs to learn more about real human nutrition.

Everyone is different in how they respond to some food item. You might have a "hidden allergy" or a fungal, bacterial involvement or some other underlying condition (adrenal maladaption, thyroid disorder, reduced liver fx, etc). I would recommend that all persons stop eating: wheat and other grains first in addressing a health issue. Detox-yes. All the time! and see how you feel from there. I have been a doctor for almost 20-years and a find this simple advice can do wonders. And the best part is that its FREE!

To your health.....cheers

Thanks Doc, I really appreciate your posts.

You're welcome and thank you. That other "doc" wrote some pretty silly stuff and I want people to know that so much out there isn't true (and this goes for BOTH sides of the medicine aisle). We have to use our God-given logic and reasoning skills to discern truth from fiction. I do agree about fruit being a great food and not drinking cold water (with anything), but this idea that cold water makes fats sticky in your intestines is pure hogwash. And the list goes on....My advice to people is this: Eat like we USED to eat 10,000-100,000 years ago as best you can. MOVE daily (I tell my patients even sex is movement if you are on top! hahahaha) and BE HAPPY and you'd be surprised how health improves. I am not famous and am no way close to rich, but I do follow the motto I learnt while in the Marines: Leadership by Example. I do what I tell others and I am extremely fit and healthy. I follow-up this with research on what I hear and find flaws or confirmations about something.

If this "doc" would do his studies, he would know that cancer is NOT caused by fats (in any way shape or form), that eating a diet high in sugar (so much fruit) contributes to cancer formation, that cold water (yes, bad to drink, but not for the reason he mentions) does not make fats sticky or glob together (think PUFA which isn't affected by slightly cold temps), that "food-combining" isn't true, Ph of the blood is NOT affected by diet, etc. Oh, and he DOES NOT have a 80% cure-rate with cancer. I would like to see him prove that. If so, he would be the richest man in the world. I work with cancer doctors from Korea, Germany, China, Russia, Japan, US and other places. I am talking about cats who use the latest, greatest and most innovative methods around. They are into Alternative, CAM medicines, so I aint talking about Pharmacy monsters. These guys are SHARP and SMART and the best thing out there right now is getting slightly above 50% with terminal patients. The protocol is using something called a HIFU, which is basically a surgical-like ultra sound along with IV, hyperthermic, ozone and other things. So in COMBINATION with dietary therapy, cutting-edge therapies, etc, we are getting 50% success on terminal patients (told they would die). If we apply that to general population cancer patients, we'd probably see about 80% or higher success rate. I have never heard of this guy nor of his tremendous success rate using fruit. Sorry, I am not buying it.

OK, rattled enough. Thanks again. Cheers

Thanks for your opinion doc. I see far too many contradictory articles about health care and cancers. I stay fit by playing hockey two nites a week and walking. At 58 yrs old except for a belly that I can't get rid of. I am perfectly healthy and med free. I am now starting to work on my diet, till now it was mostly just meat and potatoes/rice. I make an awesome tomato sauce as a balance. Also eating more veg. How important is it to cut out grains? Being of Italian decent I do love my bread and sandwiches. I also eat little fruit or salads.

Thanks for your opinion doc. I see far too many contradictory articles about health care and cancers. I stay fit by playing hockey two nites a week and walking. At 58 yrs old except for a belly that I can't get rid of. I am perfectly healthy and med free. I am now starting to work on my diet, till now it was mostly just meat and potatoes/rice. I make an awesome tomato sauce as a balance. Also eating more veg. How important is it to cut out grains? Being of Italian decent I do love my bread and sandwiches. I also eat little fruit or salads.

First, good for you in keeping active and generally fit and healthy. Grains need to be REMOVED completely if you can. That's how important I think it is. However, if you just cant, then having only rice and much less of it would be your best bet. Wheat in all its form MUST be bye-bye. Corn is also very bad for us since it is almost all GMO now. Potatoes suck, but if you are getting sweet potatoes, then I would say, "OK" with that since they are nutrient dense. if you can cut down all forms (to include veggies and fruit) of carbohydrates to about 15-25% of your total daily intake and up your fat to, at least, 50%, then you would be doing well and probably that belly you "Cant get rid of" would decrease or disappear.

Hope this helps and thanks! To your health

• Upvote 1

Thaiexpat - am I understanding your response to puckster that even fruits and veggies should be cut down to 15-25% of intake? I'm asking because I'm always working on keeping my weight level or reasonable. I look at some foods and I can feel my hips grow - :lol:

Ideally, if grains are a no-no and I completely agree on corn, that is so GMO infested, that it is scary. What kind of eating program do you recommend and in what percentages - i.e., 50% fats (assume things like coconut oil and not veggie oil), how much protein and how much carbs at the 15-25% - looking to balance my eating as now I eat a fair amount of veggies - seldom eat spuds - but I do like and eat couple times a month, sweet potatoes or yams. Also, I'm not disputing what you're saying - I'm honestly looking for what would be considered a good balanced program and in what amounts. I do exercise - I have horses and pitch manure, work them etc. so that is not solely I'm a passenger for exercise. People that think riding is not exercise or working horses isn't exercise has no clue what it takes to compete or care for them. :D

Edited to correct my failing grammer - People that think riding is not exercise or working horses isn't exercise have no clue what it takes to compete or care for them

Edited by Sage449

Hey guys, I highly recommend a book called "Wheat Belly" by William Davis M. D..  I checked it out of the library.  It is scary what they have done to our modern wheat.  What Thaiexpat is saying about eliminating wheat seems to be based on some very scary facts according to this Dr. Davis.  Puckster_guy, eliminating wheat might just get rid of that belly for you.  However, saying it & doing it are two different things!!  I had lunch today and forgo the crackers with my salad and the bread with my meal.  After feeling pretty cocky about my great self discipline, (I love bread!) I realized the fried okra was coated with flour and my brown gravy had to have flour in it also!!  LOL!  Sooo, have to be more careful next time.

• Upvote 1

Thaiexpat - am I understanding your response to puckster that even fruits and veggies should be cut down to 15-25% of intake? I'm asking because I'm always working on keeping my weight level or reasonable. I look at some foods and I can feel my hips grow - :lol:

Ideally, if grains are a no-no and I completely agree on corn, that is so GMO infested, that it is scary. What kind of eating program do you recommend and in what percentages - i.e., 50% fats (assume things like coconut oil and not veggie oil), how much protein and how much carbs at the 15-25% - looking to balance my eating as now I eat a fair amount of veggies - seldom eat spuds - but I do like and eat couple times a month, sweet potatoes or yams. Also, I'm not disputing what you're saying - I'm honestly looking for what would be considered a good balanced program and in what amounts. I do exercise - I have horses and pitch manure, work them etc. so that is not solely I'm a passenger for exercise. People that think riding is not exercise or working horses isn't exercise has no clue what it takes to compete or care for them. :D

Edited to correct my failing grammer - People that think riding is not exercise or working horses isn't exercise have no clue what it takes to compete or care for them

OK, thanks for the questions. This is what I do, but you can vary the ratios to find what works best for you:

60% FAT (animal, coconut and olive oils-butters, full cream and a LOT of EGGS which are 57% fat)

yes, I wont eat vegetable oils-very bad for us

25% proteins: animal meats of all sorts, rarely eat tofu. Never soya milk or other crap like fake meat

the rest is carbs from FRUITS (NOT fruit juice) and veggies. I eat NO rice, bread, noodles sweets.

Even this varies according to the seasons. For example, right now purple sweet potatoes are in season. I am eating a lot of them. Why? because the healthiest, longest living people in the world eat a lot of them, so it is in my culture to eat them. However, again, since I am not eating any other starch or grain I don't think it will make me fat.

GARY 2 is spot on Wheat Belly. Wheat Brain. Both are great books. A patient of mine never returned my copies of either!! Well, if it helps them I am good with it.

So the long and short is this:

NO STARCHES (potato, corn) and GRAINS (Wheat, rice, breads) and no vegetable oils

Should make you fit and healthy in short order. Cheers and to your health

Thaiexpat,  curious on what your thoughts on sprouted 100% Whole Grain Breads...(Food for Life... Ezekiel Bread 4:9) its flourless-low glycemic, complete protein.

Different from most breads today, this unique bread is made from freshly sprouted live grains and contains absolutely no flour.  They believe in sprouting is the best way to release all of the vital nutrients stored in whole grains. To unlock this dormant food energy, maximize nutrition and flavor, they add just the right amount of water to healthy whole organically grown grains which are already bursting with nutrients.  Beneficial enzymes are activated which cause the grains to sprout and become living food.  Their exclusive sprouting process not only significantly increases vitamins, but also causes a natural change that allows the protein and carbohydrates to be assimilated by the body more efficiently. 

"Take also unto thee Wheat, and Barley, and Beans, and Lentils, and Millet, and Spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make bread of it..."  Ezekiel 4:9

I know you mentioned several times to stay away from wheat and you've given your reasons, but could it be that todays culprit of wheat, is because it is processed with preservatives and artificial flavors... that this is the actual harm, and not the wheat itself. 

Thaiexpat,  curious on what your thoughts on sprouted 100% Whole Grain Breads...(Food for Life... Ezekiel Bread 4:9) its flourless-low glycemic, complete protein.

Different from most breads today, this unique bread is made from freshly sprouted live grains and contains absolutely no flour.  They believe in sprouting is the best way to release all of the vital nutrients stored in whole grains. To unlock this dormant food energy, maximize nutrition and flavor, they add just the right amount of water to healthy whole organically grown grains which are already bursting with nutrients.  Beneficial enzymes are activated which cause the grains to sprout and become living food.  Their exclusive sprouting process not only significantly increases vitamins, but also causes a natural change that allows the protein and carbohydrates to be assimilated by the body more efficiently. 

"Take also unto thee Wheat, and Barley, and Beans, and Lentils, and Millet, and Spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make bread of it..."  Ezekiel 4:9

I know you mentioned several times to stay away from wheat and you've given your reasons, but could it be that todays culprit of wheat, is because it is processed with preservatives and artificial flavors... that this is the actual harm, and not the wheat itself.

Good question. However, it is the nature of the grain itself that makes it not such a healthy food as hippies like to promote. Sprouted? Sure. Sprouted seeds from veggies/fruits are great (Chia, broccoli, etc), but the bottom line is this: YOU DONT NEED TO EAT SUCH FOODS. There is no real health benefit from any type of wheat that you cant get from meats, fats, etc.

But again, everyone is different. Perhaps you could "cheat" with some sprouted breads and stil do well. I cant answer that. I can only give your my opinion and experience. And the truth is this:

I am healthier NOW at 51 then I was at 25 and I was a vegetarian while in the military, exercising daily, eating all organic stuff, cooking for myself (when I could), avoiding fats, etc. all the "usual" healthy choices promoted back-in-the-day. Now its 4-6 eggs for breakfast, cooked in pig oil, veggies and a little fruit, coconut oil first thing upon awaking, meats and veggies for lunch and meat and veggies for dinner. A little fruit thru out the day. Pork rinds or fried chicken skin between as a snack. No supplements, but TANKDUDES stuff he sells (ASEA-already notice a difference) and I am more ripped, more muscular and feel better with only a little exercise per week (NOT per day). I do stay busy, have a ton of energy and am told I look 35. Full head of hair, no glasses, wake-up with "blue steel" (sorry, but that is very important to us men and just shows that hormones are optimal. I don't mean to offend) every morning and have the libido of a 20-year old. (I am bothering my gf 4-6 times per day and this has been going on for years, not just last week)

You see, the diet will not only help get rid of fat, but it reduces inflammation and normalizes hormones and neuro-chemistry. Wheat is very pro-inflammatory. By its NATURE it is. So, maybe this sprouted grain is not. I am not sure, but you could try and report back to us.

OK, hope this helps

Cheers

Wow!!!! Thaeixpat, amazing testimony and definitely a health awareness.  I'm for all good eating habits and being as healthy as I can, especially after my ordeal with cancer. 

As far as your gf, welllll that is just great,  I'm sure some men will envy you.  LOL!!! :blush:

Great Health to you and appreciate your input. 

I

Wow!!!! Thaeixpat, amazing testimony and definitely a health awareness.  I'm for all good eating habits and being as healthy as I can, especially after my ordeal with cancer. 

As far as your gf, welllll that is just great,  I'm sure some men will envy you.  LOL!!! :blush:

Great Health to you and appreciate your input. 

I

Thanks. I didn't write that to make people envious by any stretch! hahaha. By-the-way, how you feel about your partner is the most important thing. I wanted to stress the point that DIET can make or break you. Why are we seeing a rise in so many diseases today? Even children are growing-up "sick". Why is it we accept all these problems as "getting old" when they are not really normal for humans to experience till much later in life! I know this because I meet older people who take no meds, are fully functional and LIVING WELL! I know guys in their 30's asking me for Viagra!! What the hell?!?!

As for cancer, there is a book titled, "Cancer as a metabolic disease". now, it isn't an easy read-very technical (even I skipped over parts), but the section on diet makes total sense. To get a reader's Digest version: Google: Ketogenic Diet. basically its 4:1:1 which means 4 parts FATS to 1 of carbs and proteins. hard to follow, but if you understand the idea behind cancer development (as clearly laid out in the book and articles/books of Dr. Warburg) then you will see the point of this dietary idea. This book destroys the genetic foundation to cancers (as with viruses, etc). they are all "down-stream" of the break-down of metabolic function of the cell. TankDude's posts explain it well and the product he uses is based upon this idea which I fully support-is just makes sense! We develop problems when the cell cant make the energy it needs-not enough energy, reduction in function leading to diseases or "you're getting old" syndrome. I don't buy it. It isn't for me.

So, the original question is: WHY do we need to eat grains? The answer: WE DONT!

Cheers and hope this helps

• Upvote 1

Good question. However, it is the nature of the grain itself that makes it not such a healthy food as hippies like to promote. Sprouted? Sure. Sprouted seeds from veggies/fruits are great (Chia, broccoli, etc), but the bottom line is this: YOU DONT NEED TO EAT SUCH FOODS. There is no real health benefit from any type of wheat that you cant get from meats, fats, etc.

But again, everyone is different. Perhaps you could "cheat" with some sprouted breads and stil do well. I cant answer that. I can only give your my opinion and experience. And the truth is this:

I am healthier NOW at 51 then I was at 25 and I was a vegetarian while in the military, exercising daily, eating all organic stuff, cooking for myself (when I could), avoiding fats, etc. all the "usual" healthy choices promoted back-in-the-day. Now its 4-6 eggs for breakfast, cooked in pig oil, veggies and a little fruit, coconut oil first thing upon awaking, meats and veggies for lunch and meat and veggies for dinner. A little fruit thru out the day. Pork rinds or fried chicken skin between as a snack. No supplements, but TANKDUDES stuff he sells (ASEA-already notice a difference) and I am more ripped, more muscular and feel better with only a little exercise per week (NOT per day). I do stay busy, have a ton of energy and am told I look 35. Full head of hair, no glasses, wake-up with "blue steel" (sorry, but that is very important to us men and just shows that hormones are optimal. I don't mean to offend) every morning and have the libido of a 20-year old. (I am bothering my gf 4-6 times per day and this has been going on for years, not just last week)

You see, the diet will not only help get rid of fat, but it reduces inflammation and normalizes hormones and neuro-chemistry. Wheat is very pro-inflammatory. By its NATURE it is. So, maybe this sprouted grain is not. I am not sure, but you could try and report back to us.

OK, hope this helps

Cheers

I noticed you said girlfriend and not wife. Reminds me of the "good ole days"  :eyebrows:

• Upvote 2

I found some more information that backs Doc up.  

More than 40 years ago, the remote region of Point Hope, Alaska (where a mostly-meat diet was still being consumed due to its isolated location) was the subject of a research study published in 1972:

“The Point Hope inhabitants represent one of the few remnants of the Eskimo whale, sea, and walrus hunting cultures in the world…Average total daily caloric intake was approximately 3,000 kcal [calories] per person, ranging from 2,300 to 4,500 kcal. Approximately 50% of the calories were derived from fat and 30 to 35% from protein. Carbohydrate accounted for only 15 to 20% of their calories, largely in the form of glycogen [animal starch] from the meat they consumed. Grain products were scarce and although sucrose was not unknown, the average adult ingested less than 3 g/day, primarily for sweetening tea or coffee.”  [Ho KJ et al 1972]

Researchers found that the incidence of heart disease among Point Hope residents was ten times lower than in the general Caucasian population of the United States.  Not only that—their triglyceride levels (levels of fat in the bloodstream) averaged 85 mg/dL, whereas the average U.S. triglyceride levels at that time averaged over 100 mg/dL.

Even as recently as the 1980’s, only 3.5% of all deaths in Greenland Eskimos were due to heart disease, despite a life span of more than 60 years.

Now, some Arctic peoples did have some cholesterol buildup in their arteries, but this was apparently mild and primarily seen in those who were eating a mixture of modern and traditional foods:

“The rarity of ischaemic heart disease has been repeatedly noted, with due allowance for the life-expectancy of Eskimos.  Rabinowitch, discussing the contention of others that arteriosclerosis was rare in Eskimos, stated that this was not the case in those he examined in the eastern Arctic of Canada where contact with white man had altered the diet, but in the most northerly parts there was no evidence of arteriosclerosis; total cholesterol in serum was low. 18 necropsies by Gottman between 1956 and 1958, and by Arthaud between 1959 and 1968, on Alaskan Eskimos partly on European diets, showed that atherosclerosis was mild and not a major cause of death.” [Lancet 1983]

http://diagnosisdiet.com/all-meat-diets/

• Upvote 1