Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Know Your Gun Laws and Rights

The squirrels are running crazed through the streets,  jacking people up again.... I don't know what their game is. Are they trying to deflect attention away from the power of a unified voice and weaken it? Maybe they are trying to appear intelligent (okay that's  not working for em)..... Or maybe they really are that stupid...

Stay vigilant and on top of your state's laws regarding everything firearm, and let your representatives know if they are screwing up, before they pass something completely stupid... (okay probably don't want to use those words to tell them that)...

Here's a link to a great site that watches all legislation, sends out chuckle head alerts, and is on top of the current legislation of your specific state, including what laws passed and did NOT pass and/or were vetoed. (kuddos to Gov Brown who recently vetoed 5 or 6 stupid laws that actually passed)....

Also a great way to track who you will not vote to return to office when their time is up:

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws.aspx

Here's today's great story:

A woman in her 60s was at home in Kansas City, Mo. when a there was a knock at her door. She opened it to find a 24-year-old man, who asked after someone who didn’t live at the residence, then forced his way inside the home. The home invader then sexually assaulted the woman. During a pause in the attack, the woman was able to retrieve a revolver. She then shot and killed the criminal as he was making his way towards her again.

The home invader was released from prison in 2012 after serving a sentence for burglary and robbery convictions. (The Kansas City Star, Kansas City, Mo. 11/14/13)

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 9

Thank you for the link Rayzur... looks like a dandy and I have bookmarked it.

As I was reading that story I was certainly glad she was able to get to her revolver.

I had to wonder though... having kiddo's in the house.. mine is so well hidden that I don't know if it would be possible to get to it during an attack like that... Any suggestions?

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 1

As I was reading that story I was certainly glad she was able to get to her revolver.

I had to wonder though... having kiddo's in the house.. mine is so well hidden that I don't know if it would be possible to get to it during an attack like that... Any suggestions?

Multiple locations loaded and ready when necessary!

• Upvote 3

hahahah  sounds like you need more guns mag. I have a loaded gun in every room in my house. I especially like my bathroom gun. (a little 380)

or you should get used to wearing a shoulder holster. As far as the kiddys. Let them see you wearing it. Let them know what it is. Take the mystery out of it. Never hide a gun cause if a little one happened to find it they for sure will mess with it cause they never seen it. They are never to young to start learning gun safety. I raised 3 boys and 2 girls in a house with loaded guns. They were taught from the start "hands off" when they got old enough to shoot they shot them. No big deal.Now I work with the grandchildren. You have to pay close  attention because each child will  have their own ideas about guns. Some kids will pretty much ignore them but some will be ate up with the idea of handling one. Those you pay extra attention to. Not a big deal in my culture. Its what is. I had a uncle that ran the deer camp every year when I was young. He had only one rule when it came to gun safety. Every gun brought in to his home had to be loaded. Yep sounds crazy dont it. His reasoning was that if you accidentally shot a hole through his roof or hurt someone you couldnt say as he was kicking your a$$  "I didnt know it was loaded"  hahahahaha true story. Went to that camp for 17 years and there was never a mishap not once.

Anyway maggie a gun is of no use at all if you cant get to it. and if its not loaded.

The squirrels are running crazed through the streets,  jacking people up again.... I don't know what their game is. Are they trying to deflect attention away from the power of a unified voice and weaken it? Maybe they are trying to appear intelligent (okay that's  not working for em)..... Or maybe they really are that stupid...

Stay vigilant and on top of your state's laws regarding everything firearm, and let your representatives know if they are screwing up, before they pass something completely stupid... (okay probably don't want to use those words to tell them that)...

Here's a link to a great site that watches all legislation, sends out chuckle head alerts, and is on top of the current legislation of your specific state, including what laws passed and did NOT pass and/or were vetoed. (kuddos to Gov Brown who recently vetoed 5 or 6 stupid laws that actually passed)....

Also a great way to track who you will not vote to return to office when their time is up:

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws.aspx

Here's today's great story:

A woman in her 60s was at home in Kansas City, Mo. when a there was a knock at her door. She opened it to find a 24-year-old man, who asked after someone who didn’t live at the residence, then forced his way inside the home. The home invader then sexually assaulted the woman. During a pause in the attack, the woman was able to retrieve a revolver. She then shot and killed the criminal as he was making his way towards her again.

The home invader was released from prison in 2012 after serving a sentence for burglary and robbery convictions. (The Kansas City Star, Kansas City, Mo. 11/14/13)

Great story Razor

I especially like the part where the home invader has since permanently stopped invading peoples home and raping them . 

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 6

Maggie, I suggest you get a tripod mounted, belt-fed weapon. Keep it pointed at the door, but far enough away to allow it to be operated effectively. My favorite is the MG-42 (MG-3 today). Spits out 1100 rounds per minute so if you use it all the evidence of a bad person is eliminated and clear-up should be easy. might have to fix the door and frame, but, MAN! what a blast!

Cheers

• Upvote 3

hahahah  sounds like you need more guns mag. I have a loaded gun in every room in my house. I especially like my bathroom gun. (a little 380)

So I am carrying a bathroom gun :o   I like my bathroom gun!  It fits in my hand nicely and is a perfect fit in my purse.  :P

• Upvote 1

My friend Maggie. Just a suggestion. Hide it at the 3 o'clock position if your strong arm is on the right. That way your protection is always close and ready for the evil that MIGHT be encountered.

Thanks Rayzur

• Upvote 1

Rayzur, thanks for the good post and info. I carry mine from sunup to sundown whether I'm in the house or out and about. Criminals strike any wheres where they think they have the upper hand, hence the conceal  and carry.  :tiphat:

• Upvote 1

or you should get used to wearing a shoulder holster. As far as the kiddys. Let them see you wearing it. Let them know what it is. Take the mystery out of it. Never hide a gun cause if a little one happened to find it they for sure will mess with it cause they never seen it. They are never to young to start learning gun safety. I raised 3 boys and 2 girls in a house with loaded guns. They were taught from the start "hands off" when they got old enough to shoot they shot them. No big deal.Now I work with the grandchildren. You have to pay close  attention because each child will  have their own ideas about guns. Some kids will pretty much ignore them but some will be ate up with the idea of handling one. Those you pay extra attention to. Not a big deal in my culture. Its what is. I had a uncle that ran the deer camp every year when I was young. He had only one rule when it came to gun safety. Every gun brought in to his home had to be loaded. Yep sounds crazy dont it. His reasoning was that if you accidentally shot a hole through his roof or hurt someone you couldnt say as he was kicking your a$$  "I didnt know it was loaded"  hahahahaha true story. Went to that camp for 17 years and there was never a mishap not once.

Anyway maggie a gun is of no use at all if you cant get to it. and if its not loaded.

Thanks for the reply Dog :) I hear you about a gun not being protection if you can't get to it right away when you need it.

That is why I asked.. however I was hoping to hear about a magic lock or a box or something that would still keep my grandaughter safe.

I don't fault you or anyone else that carries all the time... my choice is not to... I just can't see my need to do that.

As for your kids and grandkids I can see how it may work for you... it would not have for me.

My son would have sneeked my guns to school for "show and tell"... heck he did that all the time with other things he should not have. :D

I guess I will continue to keep it hidden and if someone is breaking the door down I will still have plenty of time to get to it.

At least I have a better chance with it hidden then without one at all.

PS. I have thought about getting a CWP for travel... I do see a need for that if I were driving alone at night.

Maggie, I suggest you get a tripod mounted, belt-fed weapon. Keep it pointed at the door, but far enough away to allow it to be operated effectively. My favorite is the MG-42 (MG-3 today). Spits out 1100 rounds per minute so if you use it all the evidence of a bad person is eliminated and clear-up should be easy. might have to fix the door and frame, but, MAN! what a blast!

Cheers

Lol Thaiexpat :D

How about I just keep my door locked and not open it untill I know who is on the other side?

:D :D :D

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 2

Maggie, I suggest you get a tripod mounted, belt-fed weapon. Keep it pointed at the door, but far enough away to allow it to be operated effectively. My favorite is the MG-42 (MG-3 today). Spits out 1100 rounds per minute so if you use it all the evidence of a bad person is eliminated and clear-up should be easy. might have to fix the door and frame, but, MAN! what a blast!Cheers

A stick & a spoon followed by the garden hose!

Teach children about firearms from their earliest age and you will make them gun safe. My wife when we got married wanted to make the house child proof.

I said lets make the child house proof. Teach them things can and will hurt them or others if not properly handled. My wife and daughters don't think anything of a loaded firearm laying

on the counter or nightstand.

• Upvote 2

So I am carrying a bathroom gun :o   I like my bathroom gun!  It fits in my hand nicely and is a perfect fit in my purse.  :P

OMG.... I read that and totally cracked up laughing... I can just see someone with hand on hip..... So What Am I? Chopped Liver? tone of voice....too funny!! Thanks for the great laugh   Bi%20Girl014.gif