Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rangel: You're Going to Hell if You Don't Support Food Stamps, Social Security

Wow, Charley Jesus didn't say go to the government to get food stamps. It's just the opposite, your neighbor and the "church" is supposed to help that person. Don't twist the Words of my God. You will be held accountable for every word that comes out of your mouth. I will pray for you Charley.

Wm13

• Upvote 1

Ed is an idiot and Charle is worse....these guys make me want to puke....they only want to be able to control the poor....make them slaves to the government....how about Charlie worry about paying his taxes instead 'forgetting' to claim homes etc. what a hypocrit!!

Wow, Charley Jesus didn't say go to the government to get food stamps. It's just the opposite, your neighbor and the "church" is supposed to help that person. Don't twist the Words of my God. You will be held accountable for every word that comes out of your mouth. I will pray for you Charley.

Wm13

I'm a fundamentalist Christian in every way, but in no way would I put my trust in the church to care for me. For one, many are filled with fake or cultural Christians, not born again believers. Second, even the best person gets tired of helping others. That's part of living in the flesh.

• Upvote 1

I'm a fundamentalist Christian in every way, but in no way would I put my trust in the church to care for me. For one, many are filled with fake or cultural Christians, not born again believers. Second, even the best person gets tired of helping others. That's part of living in the flesh.

rightsonword,  in not trusting the church is legit.  A lot of churches do not live the path of Christ, sad huhhhh.  And your probably correct in saying that the best person gets tired of helping others.  But God does call us to care for our brothers, and we do this with God at our side. 

Proverbs 22:9 states:  "The kindly man will be blessed for he gives of his sustenance to the poor."

• Upvote 1

Because today's "church" is not the "Body of Christ", most are lost, deceived, misinformed and do not understand even the simplest concept of "being Born Again". They say it, but don't truly even know what it means. The so called church today is lost and misguided mostly because they live in the flesh as you stated. If you are "born Again"  you are no longer flesh, but born of the Spirit of God. A new creation, sinless, if not the Word of God is not true according to this in 1 John 3:

1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. 4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him. 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God. 10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.

I personally live IN Christ, and He lives IN me, therefore, I am sinless because I am born OF God.

Wm13

Wow waterman...to say you are sinless is really putting your neck out there. I don't remember ever meeting anyone, I mean ANYONE who was without sin. I believe that is reserved for Jesus. Of this is IMHO only...Now to be forgiven of your sins is a different story altogether.   

There is a BIG difference between the "church of Christ" and the denominationally religious world.  Religion, the so called Christian religions, are killing the message and method of "the body of Christ."  I agree that many religious groups are hypocrites, but I am not the final judge in the matter.  The only way I can tell the difference is by their "fruit," and I can be a judge of what and how they serve and work.  

I would far rather the "church of God" be involved in as my helper than the government.  That's just the way it should be.  

Wow waterman...to say you are sinless is really putting your neck out there. I don't remember ever meeting anyone, I mean ANYONE who was without sin. I believe that is reserved for Jesus. Of this is IMHO only...Now to be forgiven of your sins is a different story altogether.   

Read the Word, what does Being Born Again mean then? It's not me speaking...It's Christ speaking through His servant John. I am not this fleshly body, I am born again of the Spirit of God. Does my flesh sin, yes it does, but I am not the flesh, I am now the new man, the spirit man. The flesh died with Christ on the cross. I rose again with Him, in the Spirit. I am not of this world, just as Christ said, He was not of this world. This is where the "church" today falls, because they can't get over the preaching of today that you are just a sinner saved by grace mentality. It's true, we are all sinners SAVED by grace (past tense, it's done). It's Nothing that we do, Christ did it all, abolishing sin if you live with Him, In Him, because in Him is NO sin.

Stop trying to be saved by your works church. Read the Word. Pray for understanding.

Wm13

What did Christ mean in John 3: (that you must be born again, of the water (flesh) and of the Spirit?)

1 There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him." 3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." 4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?" 5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." 9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, "How can these things be?" 10 Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

This is why the "church" today is powerless, they have an identity crisis, they don't know who they are. They are blinded by the doctrines of men.

Wm13

Edited by waterman13
  • Upvote 1

There are now two definitions of people: unbelievers (sinners) and believers (saints). God’s children are now called “saints,” and He calls the unredeemed “sinners” Rom. 1:7 ‘To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints.” Rom. 5:8 “while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Sinners are those who practice sin, this terminology is used to identify the ungodly, who live an ungodly life.

Yet believers still sin, and it is because we still have a sinful nature. Many say we are no longer sinners and we are now saints, this becomes a problem of semantics. In the practical sense we are not sinners, but are still sinful. We have a positional change as well as a nature change. Sin is a nature that is in all mankind, NO man on earth does not have this fallen nature. They have been born with it and when we are born again we do not lose it, it is put aside as the ruling power over us.

• Upvote 1

There are now two definitions of people: unbelievers (sinners) and believers (saints). God’s children are now called “saints,” and He calls the unredeemed “sinners” Rom. 1:7 ‘To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints.” Rom. 5:8 “while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Sinners are those who practice sin, this terminology is used to identify the ungodly, who live an ungodly life.

Yet believers still sin, and it is because we still have a sinful nature. Many say we are no longer sinners and we are now saints, this becomes a problem of semantics. In the practical sense we are not sinners, but are still sinful. We have a positional change as well as a nature change. Sin is a nature that is in all mankind, NO man on earth does not have this fallen nature. They have been born with it and when we are born again we do not lose it, it is put aside as the ruling power over us.

You are twisting God's Words, these things have been taught by the doctrines of men throughout the centuries. Go back and read Romans really slowly. Why does Paul talk about two men? The are only two men, Adam and Christ, the flesh and the Spirit. You are either of the flesh, or of the Spirit. There is NO half way, if you are of the flesh (Adam) you are still in your sins. If you are of Christ (The Spirit) you are "born again" of the Spirit Man, thus, you are the New Man, the old man Adam DIED! I know alot of people don't get it, but it is the key, pray about it. Search out the scriptures with that mindset, not the mindset that you are just a sinner saved by grace.

1 Corinthians 15:

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. 6 After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. 7 After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. 8 Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed. 12 Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. 14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. 15 Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up--if in fact the dead do not rise. 16 For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. 17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable. 20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. 27 For "He has put all things under His feet." But when He says "all things are put under Him," it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all. 29 Otherwise, what will they do who are baptized for the dead, if the dead do not rise at all? Why then are they baptized for the dead? 30 And why do we stand in jeopardy every hour? 31 I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

The flesh is dead, you live In the Spirit of Christ, a New Creation.

41 There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory. 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man. 50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.

There are only two men: Adam (dust - flesh - corruption - death) and Christ (Life - Spirit - Incorruptable - heavenly) As Christ said, I Am not of this world (corruption) He (and I as the New Man) are heavenly - incorruptable.

Wm13

Edited by waterman13