Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Newbee Question on RV

tombo

There are many ways that this can go with the dinar. One way could be new bills which if that happens we will all be screwed.  Another could be  incountry exchange. My question is, is there any advantage to the iraq govt to RV with the current currency and make a lot of people rich.  Just curious! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

The advantage to them would be not to tick off the rest of the world! A lot of big players are either invested or waiting to invest there, if they screw everybody, they will fail globally. At least, that's MY take on it...

KK

Iraq doesn't care if they tick you off. They didn't tell you to buy their currency.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

There are many ways that this can go with the dinar. One way could be new bills which if that happens we will all be screwed.  Another could be  incountry exchange. My question is, is there any advantage to the iraq govt to RV with the current currency and make a lot of people rich.  Just curious! 

I know they do have a lot of pride as well as desire to join the rest of the world in trade.  The whole point of the Revalue is to give their currency more value than "fire starter fuel". But you are right, it could actually be done in many ways, but the whole point of them messsing with this whole currency thing to begin with is to get back into the game. Do you presently see it traded on the Forex or accepted at just any exchange outside of Iraq???? What you do see is many Iraqi news stories all evolving around their "dinar". They are all very interested in what is to come. I know they aren't writing those news stories for us because they are not written in English and even translated, we still do not understand what they are reporting. I just know it is a really big news item in Iraq.   :D

CURIOUS HUH ?

WHY DOES  any govt create money  and pass it around . ask obama ..its fiat .. its only redeemable in iraq for goods and services ..

its good for their economy ..the united states does it all ....the ....time . its not that hard to figure out .

its not to make people rich its to stimulate their economy

im sure they wanted to create enough to have a long lasting recovery

they havent made anyone rich yet .... i would bet they want their currency internationally tradable before they  add any significant amount of value to it

if they rved their currency first to a dolar per dinar then sold them for 1166 to one dollar id think they were stupid .. but they didnt .. they passed it out cheap that was brilliant beyond the common mind

people wil be showing up for years to buy iraqi goods now

when a business sends out coupons ..why would they do that ?

to bring in customers .. create a business freindly  experience for them to remember .... to let them know its a friendy  place .. stimulus ..word of mouth ..with a few milion people talking about  iraq  and how they became milionares .. do ya think that will make global headlines .. getting people to see a new iraq

its marketing

• Upvote 3

I believe to answer your question, we need to go back to the original plan.  I do believe the plan originally was to RD where we'd make maybe 3x our investment under Shabibi's guidance.  This probably was in part of him fighting with Maliki on everything (not getting anywhere in the economy).  Since then several things have changed.  We've noticed more and more companies coming over to Iraq (including Citibank!!!), Iraq is going to join Nasdaq!, release from Ch7, more backup for the reserve, GDP for Iraq this year 10% (huge), Exxon oil deal, possible new airport with Russia, Jordan pipeline, natural gas (per article with maliki).  All of these things have been untapped in the past years, you are about to see Iraq explode which is why it doesn't surprise me to see this recent deal on Bloomberg and the Fox news article.  I really don't think people thought this would ever happen....the political mess a few years back, with RD articles going on all the time, it just didn't look like Iraq was going to make it.  NOW we are getting somewhere...the train is picking up steam.  The RD articles are being replaced by "increase the dinar value" "gold" "confidence" "investors"...these are KEY words.  The rate was a program rate because they didn't want the dinar to take a heavy fall, but now the programmed rate isn't showing the real value.  That's the key to this investment...I believe they have and still are reducing the money supply.  I believe they are going to use smart cards (like our debit cards) to reduce it further (the money supply).  I think they are going to throw it in a float soon.  An article came out recently referring to them trying to get into the WTO by 2016.  So between now and then they have to have a recognized "accurate" currency to be allowed into that organization.  So the million dollar questions are listed below....that we just don't know the answer to yet.  We get hints from the articles and conflicting statements that make it seem like they are cooking the books, but we have to just make an educated guess.

1. How much "working currency" do they have.  In other words how much currency is working, out in the market.  How much could they shred at the CBI, electronically to reduce or have they reduced? 

2. What type of money system are they going to use?  Gold/asset backed, Fiat?  What?  If asset backed...is the article about 2.5 times the dinar value really correct?  Have they audited their banks?  An article way back in the past showed they did....but that's old, what about now?

3. With Ch 7 gone...how much business is Iraq going to pick up?  Is it going to boom like the gold rush?  Will investors beat down doors to open up shop?

4.  Will they come out at a 1.00 to insist their citizens to stop using the US dollar?  Will they come out at a 500/1 and let it float on the free market? 

5.  How close is the HCL to being passed?  We saw an article referring to 'final draft"  how accurate is the article?

There are many more questions...but these are the ones that we need answer to, to accurately answer your questions on this speculation event.  That's why it's speculation...either we win, draw, or lose.  I think we're going to win, I just hope it's much more than and faster than my brain is telling me.  Pray hard!

There are many more questions...but these are the ones that we need answer to, to accurately answer your questions on this speculation event.  That's why it's speculation...either we win, draw, or lose.  I think we're going to win, I just hope it's much more than and faster than my brain is telling me.  Pray hard!

What situation would cause us to lose? Even with an RD they would at least put it at 1:1 and most likely 3:1 so we would still make 3X our investment. Correct?

I don't know of a scenario where we lose. They wouldn't just change the currency and any currency you have is void. I guess they could do an "in country" only but that doesn't put them on the international market which is what they want, don't they?

when a business sends out coupons ..why would they do that ?

to bring in customers .. create a business freindly experience for them to remember .... to let them know its a friendy place .. stimulus ..word of mouth ..with a few milion people talking about iraq and how they became milionares .. do ya think that will make global headlines .. getting people to see a new iraq

its marketing

Lol

The RV when it happens will be a major event that effects the entire Global economy as well as Global currency it is an individual choice to be on board and invested or possibly left at the station holding an empty bag.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

people wil be showing up for years to buy iraqi goods now

I would wrather buy their goods than buy chinas

My first choice would be to buy american but we dont make anything.

guess we need to devalue our currency so we can produce something for a change.

• Upvote 1

Rules, when you see posts of people talking nonsense on here beware, their aim is to upset people. The Currency We hold is genuine, it is legitimate and will produce a gain of some sort. As for what amount is still questionable. The posting saying that Iraq will change everything and not honor it is rubbish in my book. This is a global event and there would be mass riots inside and outside that country against them......so my question is this....if this were the case as to what they wanted to do, who would trade with them, who would be friends with them besides Iran. I think their pride to be on the world stage is to great to let something stupid stand in its way. If they took this path what good would being out of chapter 7 do them, they would be isolated again.   Their values, their pride and their resources is enough to push on when the time is right, hopefully soon.

• Upvote 1

What situation would cause us to lose? Even with an RD they would at least put it at 1:1 and most likely 3:1 so we would still make 3X our investment. Correct?

I don't know of a scenario where we lose. They wouldn't just change the currency and any currency you have is void. I guess they could do an "in country" only but that doesn't put them on the international market which is what they want, don't they?

1:1 with castration of zeros we lose..You get back less money than you paid for purchasing Dinars because you have to pay fees, commissions, etc. It's a loss.

I understand it may also depend on when one purchased Dinars and how much they paid.

But for many it would be a loss.

Edited by umbertino