Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WTO & Currency Revalue Question

USMCVET

I think that if Iraq re-values the currency, that all the international oil folks and business folks would like to be paid in either dinar or u.s. dollars . but if the dinar gains value then I would have too say the dinar can not stay bound up in Iraq, too many countries in the region under conflicts, and the dinar would be as important as the dollar if not very much  greater , being that it is in arab  notes , and countries,  international here it  comes   { only thing when and where } :peace:

• Upvote 1

10-4

WTO membership is more important than C7. Iraq must have a tradable acepted international currency to become a member.

When WTO comes to Iraq...look for the smart cards to be loaded a in country RV followed by a global RV and all USD turned in.

Iraq cannot become a member with a worthless currency and dependant on USD.

Can Iraq revalue their currency "in house" and it not go global because they are not members of the WTO?  I think it would benefit them to be members of the WTO first, then revalue the currency. What do yal"ll think?

The main focus is the IQD to become international and a reserve currency that will compete with the USD, Yen, Yuan and Euro.

• Upvote 1

WTO membership is more important than C7. Iraq must have a tradable acepted international currency to become a member.

When WTO comes to Iraq...look for the smart cards to be loaded a in country RV followed by a global RV and all USD turned in.

Iraq cannot become a member with a worthless currency and dependant on USD.

The main focus is the IQD to become international and a reserve currency that will compete with the USD, Yen, Yuan and Euro.

Im afraid you have been misinformed......look at Vietnam.....their currency is worth less then the dinar. Take a look at some of the other members too.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Under C7 UN members are reluctant to or prevented from significant operations in Iraq. Something could happen that would cause the UNSC to impose more servere restrictions .. WTO membership rendered useless.

I think the proper order is C6 (done)  , Free trading currency w/fixed-crawling peg  , WTO ,  New elections with a more representative parlament, THEN maybe a floating rate.

THe HCL will not be settled soon. Look for delays til after the next election. The economy has moved on without a complete solution 2 more years wont change that.

i was under the impression the iraqi dinar and their rate is all in house. because it's not a pegged currency and because its not on forex basically the cbi makes up the rate. sure they could say the dinar is 1:1 the iraqi people nor the rest of the world would buy into the rate or have confidence in that rate though. the black market and street market would still be at current rates.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i was under the impression the iraqi dinar and their rate is all in house. because it's not a pegged currency and because its not on forex basically the cbi makes up the rate. sure they could say the dinar is 1:1 the iraqi people nor the rest of the world would buy into the rate or have confidence in that rate though. the black market and street market would still be at current rates.

??? Has always been that the dinar is pegged to the dollar..  many say is is a de-facto rate , But that is the CBI call. Certainly until today the CBI may have been forced to take guidance from IMF/WB. Dont be too sure that has changed. Ch 7 is political/diplomatic .

IMF/WB are still  involved.