Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

At what rate?

Qman

I think like 40 dinars to the dollar....like some south Asian currency. That would be cool. Later on when security gets better and things have chilled out; peoples can go to Iraq for holiday and at that exchange rate they will be happy take dollars and you can party in one of Saddams palaces! That would be awesome dude!

NO!!!! $1.00 to 3.00 would be much better for the people.

MR.X

Hi Everyone,

As I said before, I'd be happy with anything more than ten cents/IQD - - - However, we have the IMF somewhere between .86 and 1.47; the Iraqis (GOI) wanting 3.22 or greater, Shabibi uncertain (frightened of inflation), and Frank 26 at 3.22 (maybe Higher or Lower)

Then there's ME...and I strongly feel it will be between 2.47 and 2.65 for a number of reasons, providing the Iraqis announce it on their own, and not forced by the IMF/UN pressures. It will at least be on a par with (or close to) several of the other GCC nations, excepting Saudi Arabia (which has an artificially low rate - & it should be higher) at .26-.28/USD. Afterwards it will be allowed to float upwards to it's ultimate value on the world stage, based upon market conditions & time frames..

Only God knows for sure, and possibly a few GOI/CBI people. Time will tell. The higher the better for the Iraqi people, and for us.

Blessings & Peace to all of you, our Troops, and the Iraqi people...!

RON ;)

Hi Everyone,

As I said before, I'd be happy with anything more than ten cents/IQD - - - However, we have the IMF somewhere between .86 and 1.47; the Iraqis (GOI) wanting 3.22 or greater, Shabibi uncertain (frightened of inflation), and Frank 26 at 3.22 (maybe Higher or Lower)

Then there's ME...and I strongly feel it will be between 2.47 and 2.65 for a number of reasons, providing the Iraqis announce it on their own, and not forced by the IMF/UN pressures. It will at least be on a par with (or close to) several of the other GCC nations, excepting Saudi Arabia (which has an artificially low rate - & it should be higher) at .26-.28/USD. Afterwards it will be allowed to float upwards to it's ultimate value on the world stage, based upon market conditions & time frames..

Only God knows for sure, and possibly a few GOI/CBI people. Time will tell. The higher the better for the Iraqi people, and for us.

Blessings & Peace to all of you, our Troops, and the Iraqi people...!

RON ;)

Hi Ron! I am thinking that it would be in line with the other Arab Countries. Being done that way will leave no room for people like George Soros to come in and buy billions so he can make billions, at least that's what I'm hoping.

Posted this yesterday in another thread here but thought it was worth reposting in this topic.

I just looked up the current exchange rates at this very moment courtesy of XE.com.

Compare Iraq

Iraq 1 IQD = 0.000857964 USD

to

Bahrain 1 BHD = 2.65245 USD

Egypt 1 EGP = 0.181455 USD

Iran 1 IRR = 0.000101031 USD

Jordan 1 JOD = 1.40845 USD

Kuwait 1 KWD = 3.46320 USD

Oman 1 OMR = 2.59707 USD

Qatar 1 QAR = 0.275028 USD

Saudi Arabia 1 SAR = 0.266642 USD

United Arab Emirates 1 AED = 0.272272 USD

Iraq does seem on par with Iran, but otherwise seems grossly undervalued than its surrounding nations who are all between 0.18 - 3.46 USD.

What does all this mean? I have no idea! I wish I knew! :lol:

(I forgot Syria which is almost as bad as Iran. Syria 1.00 SYP = 0.0217391 USD)

Ignoring Iran & Syria for the moment, that means that if the Dinar was revalued to be in line with even the least currency, Egypt at 0.18, that it would increase in value 210x from 0.00086 to 0.18. I'm hopeful they'll shoot higher to be inline with Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, etc, and they certainly have the natural resources to back it up, but I wonder how feasible that is for an untested, unstable government in a volatile region like Iraq is in.