Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

one week to go for 13303 extension

it seems the last two years the extension of 13303 was signed on the 17th or 18th of may ..so we should see  something by the end of the week i would think ..

what does it mean if no extension is granted by obama ..

well as long as iraq is under chapter 7 ..their funbds in any international bank can be frozen till debts are settled .. and iraq is still under chapter 7 ..

so will the funds be released to iraq if  13303 is not extended ..or will they remain in dfi fund ..in new york federal reserve bank ..

if they remain in the fed with no protection .. will those debt holders freeze those funds ..

im not sure how much debt is still out there for iraq ,, but i think its under 15 billion . not including the  kuwait debt ..

kuwaits debt has been set up on a payment  schedule .. so im not concerned about kuwait  freezing any funds ..

from what i remember the bulk of the debts were forgiven by paris club .. except from arab neighboring countrys ..

85% were forgiven  years ago ..

they should have enough to cover all the debts  but im still wondering about what kinds of bilateral agreements have been set up  to cover all their debts ..which arent  that high

i guess we will find out  in the next week what happens .. an extension of protection , a transfer of funds ,, or freeze and law suits ..

i think iraq has things things in order  right now ..i dont read about anyone raising cain about  money owed by iraq ..hopfully they transfer the funds to cbi ..and they use it to increase the value of the dinar .. and hopfully they go international with the dinar and make payments in dinar for their debts to neighboring countrys .. it would establish more ties between  iraq and their neighbors

i think another extension means more delays.. hopfully they have their ducks in a row and are prepared to be on their own ..

thats all i can piece together on this subject .. any more info would be helpful to put this into prospective ..

• Upvote 1

Going off of memory...

I believe either last year, or the year prior, this extension was given and put online about 1 or so weeks prior to the deadline date.

We have not seen anything or heard anything thus far... Can't imagine an extension to be given last minute, but you never know.