Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Counterfeit currency risk running out of ordinary

Markinsa

Counterfeit currency risk running out of ordinary

16-04-2013 | (Voice of Iraq) - Add a comment -

BAGHDAD - Mohammed Nasser

Complained of some citizens of the return of the spread of counterfeit currency differently, having faded phenomenon promoted after 2003, and popularized dealing currency U.S. (dollar) significantly even at the level of small markets as collateral from exposure to material loss potential due to the presence of groups of cash forged from the local currency traded as "Five, ten thousand and twenty-five thousand dinars" in some markets of Baghdad and other Iraqi cities.

Color baht
Sami Mohammed (44) years taxi driver said: I'm afraid to deal with passengers currencies large and specifically from the category of 25 thousand dinars, it's likely to be a fake, but I was exposed to fraud by a person after Astagerna from the east door to the area of ​​Husseiniya amount 20 000 dinars, and after his arrival gave me $ 25 thousand dinars, attributed to him five thousand dinars, and then returned to the gas station to provide gasoline, and added given the five and twenty thousand dinars itself to factor the station told me as a fraud did not accept receipt, and then make sure me she actually fake because the color pale and the absence of the phosphoric Silver Line.

Detect fraud
Said Imad book (35)-year-old shop owner in the banking district secretary second he found counterfeit currency from various denominations through receiving some cash, and each imitator diligently but can only recognizable by a counterfeit currency detector.

The book said, because of the large number of counterfeit currency, including the (dollar) has become a currency detector (multiplied) key when shop owners banking.
Noting that the first victim of counterfeit currency trading is simple citizen of the difficulty of knowing fraud, while ATM or competent person per experience reveals the process of financial manipulation and fraud easily and can not be exposed to damage, but in some special cases.

He pointed a book to be more currency is rigged are a class of twenty-five thousand dinars, and ten thousand dinars, either category five thousand dinars Few forgery because it's currency is small, these currencies Iraqi counterfeit mostly come from some neighboring countries as it enters into the country through smuggling, some diligently forged high, while others look like the remnants of dyes and printing fees and ripple inaccuracies in a secret tape.

As the U.S. dollar despite the many attempts to forgery, but he can not be easily imitated, and in case of doubt in any paper put in a fraud detector to make sure of their safety.

Loss of confidence
Hussein said Faisal (37) years owner of a shop selling food in New Baghdad: The phenomenon of counterfeiting Iraqi currency spread in the last period and generated a kind of mistrust between the seller and the buyer, as can not deal with any class unless rethink and look closely at the line underground and paint horse in where, in case of doubt, we refrain from selling, this process is cumbersome and embarrassing, and must for security authorities to move towards it and punish Vaaliha strongest sanctions and refer them to eliminate because of their damage on the Iraqi economy, and said: I had to buy a detector currency so as not to fall victim of fraud, and the best deal dollar at the expense of the dinar, despite the instability of the exchange rate, and there is the other side we suffer a torn currency and banks not to accept the rotation, especially the twenty-five-thousand dinars.

Economic crime
He sees the financial appearance of Dr. Mohammed Saleh, said that counterfeit currency cash from economic crimes, and then forgery attack on property rights, a form of theft and threat to national security, and historically subject counterfeiting into three types, the first is called forgery or falsification of amateurs, who are often who have the ability and knowledge to extract and banknotes similar to a large extent in the tradition of original currency, and used to fool the simple people who do not have sufficient experience in discrimination, and the second is the intelligence between nations "war fraud" depends on sabotaging the economy certain countries at war with each other in this area, the goal of which DDS counterfeit currency in large quantities to weaken the economy or to oust him, and the third is doing business Argonauts aim is to achieve profit scratched at the expense of the safety of the country's economy.

The expert proposes financial benefit that is activated side intelligence to fight this dangerous phenomenon of the province on the national economy, with the need to be in the currency of the properties and ensure safety signage being a commodity strategy, and in all cases, whenever evolved technology in the world has increased the demand for forgery, he conflict is eternal in different countries, as polls suggest is accurate to the presence of two billion dollars forger in the world, and even America suffered from counterfeit currency, and the appearance of that sense of intelligence, security and international relations is important, the fact that Iraq member organizations, money laundering, and the countries cooperate with each other to fight this common phenomenon, As the citizen's awareness is very important because we rely on most of our dealings on (Cache) and must make sure the source of the money in circulation. stressing that reducing the prevalence of fraud denominations need modern equipment installed on banks, and increase staff expertise for the development of modern technology that is used in the process currency counterfeiting.

Adding: in each time period has to be changes and the development of the advantages and blades in the Iraqi currency is difficult to imitate, and to rely on high-quality paper and colors, printing and standards adopted in the currencies of the world, although they did not visit so far degree complete, and existing groups forged without any precise specifications, include phosphoric line and mark the horse's head and the type of paper and printing minute.

Deliberate mistake
And Abdul-Aziz al-Hassoun Executive Director of the Association of Iraqi private banks in Iraq, said the central bank issued special instructions on coins counterfeit, under these instructions banks book counterfeit currency and Tachireha stamp shows it currency counterfeit, and then takes Officer sufficient information about the person who came currency counterfeit to the bank and enclosed with the groups that send cash to the Iraqi Central Bank to take the necessary measures.
Adding that the central bank verifies the source of such currency and specifications and method of forgery and analyzes information on the owner of the currency, whether promoter or the victim of fraud, and continued there modern devices have the ability to detect fraud most banks are referenced in the case of any doubt in any paper money, whether one or in large quantities, usually the counterfeiters and promoters are leaking prepare very little to the market and banks for fear of discovery. and the proportion of counterfeit currency in Iraq between Hassoun that quantities are limited, and open, and can be distinguished because the original class contains some properties, and counterfeiter always overlooked aspect in tradition and located in the wrong outs of him, because the original currency deliberate contains an error, this error depends to delude counterfeiter, who shall correct it.

Corruption
The director of one of the banks show government "refused to give her name" The problem of counterfeiting is a global phenomenon, not limited only to Iraq, but suffered major countries, despite the deterrent measures taken to reduce the continued spread.
It adds that the central bank and the finance ministry and the security forces are fighting the flow of counterfeit currency into Iraq, whether local or foreign, but some of these operations stand behind some corrupt officials who exploit the weakness of management control in some joints government to achieve material benefits illegally, between period and another found Employees on forged banknotes are crammed between stacks of money in order to delude the employee, but quickly exposed in the event passed without verifiable, the Officer-in-Charge bear as a result of his mistake, and send him administrative penalty, as well as compensation amount counterfeiter materially.

Intelligence
Security authorities rely on intelligence information given by citizens, tracking clues fraud by monitoring sources of counterfeit money
And ownership.

Brigadier Hussein Ali Al-Shammari director general economic crime said: seizures of counterfeit currency that appeared in the Central Bank of اتشكل threat to the economy, The statistics monthly minute we receive from the Central Bank show that the amount of currency discovered very few, and what exists in the market, is rolling only and there is no printing presses The counterfeiting of currency.

And between Shammari in 2006 presses were arrested in certain areas of Baghdad falsify currency, and through follow-ups and accurate intelligence that we followed procedures we were able to drain the headwaters of fraud.
Morning

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services0

• Upvote 1

It wouldn't have been to the CBI's benefit to have done that. Counterfeiting seems to be quite an industry in the Middle East. And it's fertile ground for it.

True.. I might think they have used it to their advantage though. To get it off the streets if they are going to RV. That is just my thoughts, by my thoughts can be tainted with my RV glasses.

• Upvote 1

10-21-12, Iraq states that only 25K of every 1 Billion IQD is Counterfeit!

Iraqi Central Bank Warns of Counterfeit Money

Sunday, 21 October, 2012

SULAIMANI, Kurdistan Region—The head of the Bank of Kurdistan says that the Central Bank of Iraq has warned all branches across the country of the circulation of counterfeit Iraqi banknotes in the market.
“We are always concerned about the spread of counterfeit money in the market,” says Dilshad Abdulmajid, the head of the Sulaimani branch of the Bank of Kurdistan.

Abdulmajid told Rudaw that up to now fake banknotes have not reached Kurdistan’s markets in amounts that would pose a threat to the economy.
“But because of the situation in Syria and threats against Iran, there is the risk of counterfeit money crossing the borders of Iraq and the Kurdistan Region.” Abdulmajid said.
He suggests that border checkpoints and customs officials should be more vigilant.
Adham Karim, the head of the main branch of the Bank of Kurdistan says that his office does not have certain data about the circulation of counterfeit money in Iraq. But Abdulmajid maintains that his branch has been informed by Baghdad of the spread of fake 5000-dinar bills and that “we should be more careful when dealing with that particular note.”
Karim does not deny that his staff detects fake banknotes passing through his bank from time to time, but he says it has always been in insignificant amounts.
“However,” Karim says. “The borders are more open now and extra vigilance is necessary.”
Abdullah Muhammad, a money trader in Sulaimani’s currency exchange market says that fake banknotes are like a “time bomb that may suddenly explode” if it is ignored.
“Twice in the past I have been given fake money,” Muhammad says. “But thankfully both times the amounts were small. By the time I found out the person had gone. Now, I check every single note I receive.”
Tahir Abdullah, the manager of the Sulaimani Airport says that his staff has never seized any counterfeit money passing through the airport.
“Any money passing through the airport is under the supervision of the airport customs,” Abdullah says. “But sometimes the amounts are too huge to be checked individually.”
Abdullah added that people who trade in forged currency might not use airports to move their money around.
One of the security features of Iraqi money is a metallic thread that runs through most banknotes. Abdulmajid says the thread is missing in the fake notes, but the forgers have tried to come around that problem, too.
“The fake notes do not have the thread, but there is a thin line that resembles the thread,” he says. “You won’t be able to notice it if you do not look carefully.”
Abdulmajid says that in every 1 billion, 25,000 dinars could be counterfeit, and “this could be something normal. But this is the first time we get warnings from the Central Bank of Iraq.”
Kurdistan’s Minister of Finance Bayiz Talabani says that he is unaware of counterfeit money circulating in Iraqi markets, but he is certain that such notes cannot enter Kurdistan’s markets.
“We have great money inspection machines and such notes cannot reach us easily,” he told Rudaw.

Counterfeiting is an every day occurrence in every country.  I find it interesting when we read articles about deletion of zero's, there is an article or two of counterfeiting.  Well the smart cards will nip that in the bud.  I wonder if counterfeiting panic is another way to push people into the smart card arena.  

• Upvote 1

They went to a lot of trouble for this new desgns we have so that it can't be countefeited.

So what's all this crap about so much of it being out there?  I'm not sure I believe it anymore than I do these "delete the zeros" articles they keep pumping out.

Edited by Goldiegirl