Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Liberal Logic 101

jonjon

534961_569393939758125_308563494_n.jpg

yEAH, BOY THAT LIBERAL LOGIC SURE DOESN'T WORK!

I mean, even though most professors of psych, humanities, english, sociology where they STUDY this stuff for DECADES are liberal,

and most profs who are conservative fall under math, physics and other sciences....where they do NOT do studies of social science...

You conservatives know best! Ya got FOX behind ya! Well known as the most objective, "fair and balanced" news source out there...LOL

I mean REALLY OUT THERE

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Mental Illness is  key component in all of this. Why do politicians focus on Gun Control and not the issue of mental illness? Because they'd be focusing on themselves. There's alot of mental illness at the top.

The Inmates are Running the Asylum. You're crazy, they aren't, They'll tell you that !! Who else but a mad man would tell you that they know what's best for you, you're not capable of running your own affairs.

Hence, Cradle to the Grave Govt. YOU NEED US to tell you what's good for YOU.  B.S. !!!!

Must have Gun Control. Hell, we've got to get some Govt Control: i.e. Serious and Dramatic Downsizing of the Govt. NOW

• Upvote 2

How do we "safe" the potentially dangerous people in our society? Should we demand a sanity review before you can buy a gun? Or as the cartoon implies, also before the purchase of a bat, rope or knife? Do we do nothing and accept the competitive slaughter playing out around us?

Imagine an armed populace in a crowded movie theater after the first shot is fired, nobody knows who the shooter is, but one guy is wearing black so someone takes a shot but hits the guys girlfriend so he shoots at the guy that shot the girlfriend. This starts a chain reaction and before you know it everyone thinks the room is full of terrorists when it is really filled with terrified people with guns ablazing. The last one standing might have been the original shooter but who would know?

I don't have any answers, just nightmares.

• Upvote 2

How do we "safe" the potentially dangerous people in our society? Should we demand a sanity review before you can buy a gun? Or as the cartoon implies, also before the purchase of a bat, rope or knife? Do we do nothing and accept the competitive slaughter playing out around us?

Imagine an armed populace in a crowded movie theater after the first shot is fired, nobody knows who the shooter is, but one guy is wearing black so someone takes a shot but hits the guys girlfriend so he shoots at the guy that shot the girlfriend. This starts a chain reaction and before you know it everyone thinks the room is full of terrorists when it is really filled with terrified people with guns ablazing. The last one standing might have been the original shooter but who would know?

That is certainly a possible scenario magawatt.  I don't have answers.....but I know discussion is the way to a means.  Rand Paul trying to filibuster a vote on just the gun debate is problematic.  

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks.

That is certainly a possible scenario magawatt.  I don't have answers.....but I know discussion is the way to a means.  Rand Paul trying to filibuster a vote on just the gun debate is problematic.  

GO RV, then BV

The discussion was resolved with the II Amendment

A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer’s hand.

Lucius Annaeus Seneca (often known simply as Seneca; ca. 4 BC – AD 65)

Let's get it right, guns do not kill people; it's those damn bullets.

But then cars don't kill people either, do they?

We we know that cars are the manner of death and destruction for 30,000/year and $ billions of lost productivity. So we insure in cars against the carnage they incur. Wouldn't it be prudent to apply the same wisdom to the finger that pulls the trigger that incites the bullet to launch off (accurately or not) in search the finger's intended target?

Mental Illness is  key component in all of this. Why do politicians focus on Gun Control and not the issue of mental illness? Because they'd be focusing on themselves. There's alot of mental illness at the top.

The Inmates are Running the Asylum. You're crazy, they aren't, They'll tell you that !! Who else but a mad man would tell you that they know what's best for you, you're not capable of running your own affairs.

Hence, Cradle to the Grave Govt. YOU NEED US to tell you what's good for YOU.  B.S. !!!!

Must have Gun Control. Hell, we've got to get some Govt Control: i.e. Serious and Dramatic Downsizing of the Govt. NOW

The problems are that Federeal, State, and City governments are cutting the budget so much due mainly to their waste and mis-management for public services. Mental Health care is one of them. This is why we see so many homeless running the streets today. a good 90% do have mental health issues, but with raising unemployment that number may have dropped. If a person is insane but NOT violent it is NORMAL to release them into the public. Ask any police officer in any city. ONLY after they have demonstarted that they are violent are they locked up, for a brief period.

There simply is no money in the system to provide proper mental health care and the families of these people can not get health insurance to cover them, even in the event, that they can afford it.

Then after they have dropped the ball completely - they want to blame GUNS for the killings. Government is to blame! At all levels.

• Upvote 2

:bravo:  :bump:

The problems are that Federeal, State, and City governments are cutting the budget so much due mainly to their waste and mis-management for public services. Mental Health care is one of them. This is why we see so many homeless running the streets today. a good 90% do have mental health issues, but with raising unemployment that number may have dropped. If a person is insane but NOT violent it is NORMAL to release them into the public. Ask any police officer in any city. ONLY after they have demonstarted that they are violent are they locked up, for a brief period.

There simply is no money in the system to provide proper mental health care and the families of these people can not get health insurance to cover them, even in the event, that they can afford it.

Then after they have dropped the ball completely - they want to blame GUNS for the killings. Government is to blame! At all levels.

:bravo:

• Upvote 1