Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRS can read your email...! WOW!

IRS claims it can read your email without a warrant

CNET News reports,

The Internal Revenue Service doesn’t believe it needs a search warrant to read your e-mail.

Newly disclosed documents prepared by IRS lawyers say that Americans enjoy “generally no privacy” in their e-mail, Facebook chats, Twitter direct messages, and similar online communications — meaning that they can be perused without obtaining a search warrant signed by a judge.

That places the IRS at odds with a growing sentiment among many judges and legislators who believe that Americans’ e-mail messages should be protected from warrantless search and seizure. They say e-mail should be protected by the same Fourth Amendment privacy standards that require search warrants for hard drives in someone’s home, or a physical letter in a filing cabinet.

An IRS 2009 Search Warrant Handbook obtained by the American Civil Liberties Union argues that “emails and other transmissions generally lose their reasonable expectation of privacy and thus their Fourth Amendment protection once they have been sent from an individual’s computer.” The handbook was prepared by the Office of Chief Counsel for the Criminal Tax Division and obtained through the Freedom of Information Act. . . .

The IRS continued to take the same position, the documents indicate, even after a federal appeals court ruled in the 2010 case U.S. v. Warshak that Americans have a reasonable expectation of privacy in their e-mail. . . .

A March 2011 update to the IRS manual, published four months after the Warshak decision, says that nothing has changed and that “investigators can obtain everything in an account except for unopened e-mail or voice mail stored with a provider for 180 days or less” without a warrant. An October 2011 memorandum (PDF) from IRS senior counsel William Spatz took a similar position. . . .

In November, a Senate panel approved the e-mail warrant requirement, and last month Rep. Zoe Lofgren, a Democrat whose district includes the heart of Silicon Valley, introduced similar legislation in the House of Representatives. The Justice Department indicated last month it will drop its opposition to an e-mail warrant requirement.

http://americanvisionnews.com/5876/irs-claims-it-can-read-your-email-without-a-warrant

• Upvote 1

The reason that we are in this mess is because people make jokes about it.  Just keep standing by and doing nothing, sheople, and see how far they push us.

So right Sparta! Like a wise man once said, " A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool!"

Edited by parmenio
  • Upvote 1

So right Sparta! Like a wise man once said, " A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool!"

A fool thinks himself to be wise    =    Fool

A wise man knows himself to be a fool   =   Fool

You either misquoted, or he is the most foolish wise man ever.   :huh: 

Let's just wait a bit and let the IRS make the determination.   :shakehead: 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

If you pay your taxes there really isnt anything to worry about. 

But what really kills me is that they will go to this extent to see who`s cheating while their own people are not paying their taxes and getting away with it. 

GOVT workers owe like 20 million in back taxes

• Upvote 1

If you pay your taxes there really isnt anything to worry about. 

But what really kills me is that they will go to this extent to see who`s cheating while their own people are not paying their taxes and getting away with it. 

GOVT workers owe like 20 million in back taxes

Funny you should say that Dog.......I just wrote some checks today.  The 15th is just around the corner you know.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

The hens have no need to worry.  Certainly, they can trust that fox that is guarding them.

I've seen hens play tic tac toe, even seen them play baseball..........never seen one send an email.   :shrug: 

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey I got nothing to hide.

The GOVT and the IRS can kiss my A$$

Other then writing your senator and congressmen  which I pretty much do on a regular basis any more 

It is what it is.  No sense crying over it. all we can do is sit tight till the next election and try to set thing right.

Funny you should say that Dog.......I just wrote some checks today.  The 15th is just around the corner you know.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

I've seen hens play tic tac toe, even seen them play baseball..........never seen one send an email.   :shrug: 

GO RV, then BV 

Waaaa  you a GOVT worker shabs?   I didnt know that. But the truth is the truth theirs a lot of them out there thats not paying man. Why arent they going after them.

April 15th dont mean crap to me. I have to pay quarterly taxes on my business so uncle sam pretty much has his way with me through out the year. And no he does not use vaseline

• Upvote 2

Waaaa  you a GOVT worker shabs?   I didnt know that. But the truth is the truth theirs a lot of them out there thats not paying man. Why arent they going after them.

April 15th dont mean crap to me. I have to pay quarterly taxes on my business so uncle sam pretty much has his way with me through out the year. And no he does not use vaseline

Ouch....that'll make an old dog howl.  :unsure: 

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 1

A fool thinks himself to be wise    =    Fool

A wise man knows himself to be a fool   =   Fool

You either misquoted, or he is the most foolish wise man ever.   :huh: 

Let's just wait a bit and let the IRS make the determination.   :shakehead: 

GO RV, then BV

Didn't misquote friend, came out of Shakespeare's mouth. You epitomise the quote to a tee! Thanks for the example, Shabs!

If it weren't for me parm.....what would you do on here?........sit around and have uncontested ultra conservative bash fests aimed at the suspected Marxist regime.  What fun would that be if everyone agreed with you?  There would be no more reason for you to use your favorite term "marxist" because you would be preaching to the choir........You need me, admit it.   :D 

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Haven't you seen the new IRS motto? 

"We have what it takes to take what you have."

I too just wrote out a check - and I too am a federal employee (or "ward of the government" as I sometimes call myself.)  However the check was to the State of MT - got a bit of a refund from the Feds.  Thank heavens for having my own business as well as a JOB (Just Over Broke).

I feel your pain Dog - I make quarterly filings too.  And I think he throws in some sand....

and I'm going to go with....

"Better a witty fool than a foolish wit."

William Shakespeare

Haven't you seen the new IRS motto? 

"We have what it takes to take what you have."

I too just wrote out a check - and I too am a federal employee (or "ward of the government" as I sometimes call myself.)  However the check was to the State of MT - got a bit of a refund from the Feds.  Thank heavens for having my own business as well as a JOB (Just Over Broke).

I feel your pain Dog - I make quarterly filings too.  And I think he throws in some sand....

and I'm going to go with....

"Better a witty fool than a foolish wit."

William Shakespeare

You sure that motto is new?

If you did not know this then you have been asleep at the wheel for a long time.

Anything put on a public forum is subject to GOVERNMENT OVERSIGHT.

W A K E   U P.

Some of the guys on this site may already be on the governments radar due to their comments against Obama, IRS & the government as a whole.

In the words of roger rabbit - "Be very very careful, they hunting YOU" LOL

Hey I got nothing to hide.

The GOVT and the IRS can kiss my A$$

Other then writing your senator and congressmen  which I pretty much do on a regular basis any more 

It is what it is.  No sense crying over it. all we can do is sit tight till the next election and try to set thing right.

Don't forget the barbed wire suppository.