Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

If One Were So Inclined

TQueezy

I was just thinking, if a Mega-rich person like Bill Gates were to buy every last IQD in the world, paying out extra to speculators like us so that we would bend... Iraq wouldn't RV knowing only one person had every last bank note of theirs, would they?

That's around $30billion in IQD, so that would give that individual like 30trillion in USD... Which bank( s) could bankroll that?

• Upvote 1

What a bizarre thought TQ........if it happens though, Bill better bring cash to my doorstep......I don't accept checks.    :shakehead:   I hope once he buys up all the Dinar.....he doesn't set his sights on my Dong.  I don't want him touching that.   :D 

GO RV, then BV

lol....Agreed.

Remember most of the Dinar will be used as Foreign Reserves not direct cash to the Public...(most of the US Dollar is outside of the USA and is there as that Countries Foreign Reserve), the Dinar will be the same (IMO).  BUT BUT BUT WE WILL RECIEVE OUR SHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember most of the Dinar will be used as Foreign Reserves not direct cash to the Public...(most of the US Dollar is outside of the USA and is there as that Countries Foreign Reserve), the Dinar will be the same (IMO).  BUT BUT BUT WE WILL RECIEVE OUR SHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a currency to be viable as a foreign reserve (i.e. that other currencies are pegged to, not one that is just kept for ease of exchange) it has to float and the country of issue has to be seen as very stable (low inflation, stable exchange rate, large broad stable economy, stable political situation).  Iraq may achieve that status some day, but it will be a long way in the future.

For central banks to keep dinar just for exchange purposes (which would be a lot less than for the above), there will have to be a lot of goods that you can buy in dinar.  Iraq may achieve this someday too, but it also will be a long way off.

Edited by makecents
  • Upvote 1