Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bazoni supports announcement of Kurdish State

k98nights

Bazoni supports announcement of Kurdish State

Friday, 15 March 2013 11:25 | pdf_button.png | printButton.png | emailButton.png

b_152_189_16777215_0___images_idoblog_up

Baghdad (AIN) –The Independent MP, Jawad al-Bazoni, of the Iraqi National Alliance stated "If Kurdistan Region decides to announce the Kurdish state, we will support them."

In a press statement received by AIN, he said "It is not for the benefit of the Kurds to withdraw from the political process because they will be the biggest losers since they are the most beneficiary side from the political process in Iraq and they receive their merits completely," noting that "Their withdrawal means transferring their merits to the Arab and results in losing their rights, but if they decides to announce the Kurdish State, we will support them."

"If the Kurdish State is announced, Iraq will be in a Central State and in this case we will have two options. The first one is to grant administrative authorities to the other provinces which will result in canceling many ministries," he added.

"The second option is to make each province as a region, but not as KR which deals with Iraq in a confederation against what is stated in the constitution, where the provinces will not be connected to the Central State in the security, oil and foreign relations fields and many ministries will be cancelled," he concluded. /End/

http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30268:bazoni-supports-announcement-of-kurdish-state&catid=35:political&Itemid=2

• Upvote 1

Good article. Thanks K98. Imo, it would be in the best interests of all parties to resolve the Kurdish-Iraqi issues, and I think they will.  I think most of this is simply political posturing. I don't think the Kurds will separate from Iraq, but nothing moves fast over there, and who  knows how long it will take to work it out? My hope is quickly.

RSS 

• Upvote 1

Good article. Thanks K98. Imo, it would be in the best interests of all parties to resolve the Kurdish-Iraqi issues, and I think they will.  I think most of this is simply political posturing. I don't think the Kurds will separate from Iraq, but nothing moves fast over there, and who  knows how long it will take to work it out? My hope is quickly.

RSS 

Sounds to me like they're trying to force Maliki's hand in the negotiations. Hope it works!

None of this makes any sense. This started because they were upset about the way the budget was passed and they said they weren't going to let the hcl be passed in the same manner. Well if they secede, how are they gonna know where their borders are with still no hcl?

Not to mention, you start breaking Iraq up into states and there will be nothing but civil war!

Edited by staunch

It's funny that the national alliance says they would support them if they broke off.  Yeah, cause they know maliki would go to war with them.  The kurds don't need baghdad like baghdad would have you to believe, baghdad needs the kurds.  They also have expertise unlike baghdad.  Baghdad is too busy embezzling the funds they have already instead of infrastructure and services for the citizens.  Kurdish is flouring.  Money is spent wisely.  This is all we have heard and read. 

I agree with knights.  I think they are trying to force his hand.  It's getting very interesting now.  Provincial elections coming up and sad thing is they are killing the candidates.    It sure does take them time to resolve simple stuff, but to them it's huge.    Let this play out a few more weeks and see what happens.  They will be back and forth with it like they have for the last 2 years.  

Allowing them to secede will not effect Iraq that much from a political standpoint, and may be they remedy that actually prevents civil war. However; it would not be the best thing for the Kurds or Iraq in the long run. The Kurds stand to lose the support and security that comes from being part of a recognized state. The Arab world as a whole will never recognize the Sovereignty of an independent Kurdish state. Also Kurdistan extends outside of Iraq's border and there is nothing that would require Turkey and Iran to support this secession. Even though this may prevent a civil war in Iraq, it could well bring conflicts on other fronts that would inevitably draw Iraq into a war that would not be in the best interests of anyone concerned. As investors, we should be very concerned about this. My opinion, and I hope that I am right, is that the Kurds are running a bluff and will not follow through with it at this time.

Roadrunner

The Arab world as a whole will never recognize the Sovereignty of an independent Kurdish state. Also Kurdistan extends outside of Iraq's border and there is nothing that would require Turkey and Iran to support this secession.

Good point, Turkey & Iran may be salivating to go in and claim the region as their own. Could get MUCH worse.

KK