Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

**Could we have a breakthrough for killing cancer cells safely**

easyrider

Molecule that drives cancer cells to ‘commit suicide’ discovered

By Mario A. / February 10, 2013 / 1 Comment

http://www.setyoufreenews.com/2013/02/10/molecule-that-drives-cancer-cells-to-commit-suicide-discovered/

Scientists have made a key breakthrough by discovering that the body can destroy cancerous tumours itself.

Researchers from Pennsylvania State University have identified a molecule, known as TIC10, which activates a protein that helps fight the disease, the Daily Mail reported.

The protein, called TRAIL, suppresses tumour development during immune surveillance, the immune system’s process of patrolling the body for cancer cells. This process is lost during cancer progression, which leads to uncontrolled growth and spread of tumours.

The key benefit of using TRAIL (tumour-necrosis-factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand) as a way to fight cancer is that it is already part of the immune system, so it is not toxic to the body like chemotherapy or radiotherapy.

Furthermore, the small size of TIC10 also makes it more effective than past discoveries because it can cross the blood-brain barrier, which separates the main circulatory system from the brain. This barrier can prevent cancer treatments from entering the brain, thereby hindering the action of drugs for brain tumours.

“We didn’t actually anticipate that this molecule would be able to treat brain tumours – that was a pleasant surprise,” lead researcher Wafik El-Deiry, an oncologist at Pennsylvania State University said. Another positive is that TIC10 does not just activate the TRAIL gene in cancerous cells, but also in healthy ones. This is known as the “bystander effect” – i.e. where cells near cancerous cells are also killed.

Nearby healthy cells are also given a boost to increase the number of cancer-killing TRAIL receptors on their cell surface. Although the study was limited to mice, Dr El-Deiry is confident that a similar approach would work in humans.

The success of TRAIL to trigger cancer cell death has led to ongoing clinical trials with artificially created versions, and early trials have shown that giving the protein in drug form is safe. The study is published in the journal Science Translational Medicine.

• Upvote 8

This is great news. This would be a god send to so many with cancer. My daughter has been fighting the battle with cancer since August and so for we are not winning the battle. She was admitted to the hospital last week and we are right back to square one, starting all over again with agressive rounds of chemo.

How awesome! Of course, unless big money is to be made, it won't be approved, no matter how effective. Sad.

Thanks for sharing!

KK

MADD for Heather

I have to agree with you Kia. Sad but true. Every year these organizations raise millions of dollars to educate and find a cure for all cancers and they still can't come up with a cure. Or they don't want us to know there is a cure. It makes me mad.

This is great news. This would be a god send to so many with cancer. My daughter has been fighting the battle with cancer since August and so for we are not winning the battle. She was admitted to the hospital last week and we are right back to square one, starting all over again with agressive rounds of chemo.

God gives us precious gems of life. Your daughter is your gem....she will shine forth with the help of God's healing love.

Sometimes our children are our rock when things happen to us. But we are their mountains when they need us. You are her mountain. smile.gif

My prayers go out to your daughter and your family.

• Upvote 1

I'm no Archeologist, however, many people dont know that there is no evidence of cancer in humans prior to 8,000 years ago. Seems cancer is "man-made". If we look back on what happened about that time and the development of cancer in humans, we find that man started farming-raising grains-and slowly stopped being hunter-gathers. Moving away from a tradition diet and the influx of SUGAR might be a key to this. what is cancer? It is a sugar-eater. Perhaps, cancer is natures' way of trying to digest all those sugars we've been eating and are told by govt officials are OK to eat (look at the non-sense called the Food Pyramid).

Sorry to those of you who have family members suffering from this terrible affliction. I hope for their recovery. I believe the "cure" is in all of us. dunno, just saying....Peace

• Upvote 2

I have to agree with you Kia. Sad but true. Every year these organizations raise millions of dollars to educate and find a cure for all cancers and they still can't come up with a cure. Or they don't want us to know there is a cure. It makes me mad.

God gives us precious gems of life. Your daughter is your gem....she will shine forth with the help of God's healing love.

Sometimes our children are our rock when things happen to us. But we are their mountains when they need us. You are her mountain. smile.gif

My prayers go out to your daughter and your family.

Thank you so much, the power of prayer heals as well. Thank you

• Upvote 1

My prayers also go out for your daughter and your family.

I recently listened to a CD by a Dr. John Edwards, who is an expert on the use of mangosteen (an exotic fruit) and minerals. He mentions that the xanthones from the pericarp of the fruit are being researched for fighting cancer. It is beating out five chemotherapy drugs with no side effects. The research on this fruit is amazing, go to pubmed.com and type in "mangosteen and cancer" or "mangosteen and inflammation".

This is a quote from the Livestrong website.

"Leukemia is a cancer of the blood and bone marrow that affects nearly 260,000 Americans, according to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Treatment for this cancer includes chemotherapy, radiation and bone marrow transplantation. However, an in-vitro study published in the "Journal of Natural Products" indicates that six xanthones from the pericarp of mangosteen were able to inhibit growth of leukemia cells. One xanthone in particular, alpha-mangosteen, was also able to trigger leukemia cells to "self-destruct," a process called apoptosis."

I would recommend that you start your child on a double dose of the mangosteen juice every day. It can't hurt, and there are some amazing stories of people with leukemia going into remission, and feeling so much better.

Vemma is the world's most powerful liquid antioxidant (over 4000 ORAC value). It contains mangosteen, aloe, green tea, 65 minerals, and 12 essential vitamins. There are many places you can get mangosteen juice, but I would at least try it for 90 days or so. I am a distributor for Vemma, if you have any questions, message me on my profile page. I am really not trying to prey on someone who is hurting, I just have something that I think is worth trying.

If you want to hear Dr. Edward's CD, I would be happy to mail you one for free, or you can order for yourself (a pack of 10 CDs for about $20). If you order one yourself, be sure to order the CD entitled "The Secret of Mangosteen and Minerals". It is the green CD and is about an hour long. The shorter version does not contain as much info on cancer. You can find it at http://www.vmatools.com/cds/secrets-behind-mangosteen-minerals.html.