Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Authenticity Certs??

puppylove

it very well could be....when cashing in these dinars you MIGHT have to prove where you got them so they dont think your tied in with terrorism or something....i did read something about this a while back on a diff site that was talking about requirements to exchange the dinar.....but im not sure if even regular banks you can buy them from give out certificates....can anyone confirm this?

I think those certs are for your own peace of mind. I can't imagine they would mean anything to a bank when exchanging. The banks will verify your Dinar's authenticity with their own machines at that time. However, I would think you would need your receipts for your Dinar at some point for proof of where you purchased it and for how much.

I bought my Dinar in Iraq in 04 while serving there. No one has mentioned to me about any certificates. Mine came straight from the bank, not through any type of mailing system. I have checked around with a few sources and certificates were never mentioned.

In my own opinion I believe that the only time you might need receipts would be if you were audited. That way you can prove how long you held them. As far as certificates I am sure that they will have a delarue machine or some other way of proving counterfeit or not. Don't sweat it.:)

"I think those certs are for your own peace of mind. I can't imagine they would mean anything to a bank when exchanging. The banks will verify your Dinar's authenticity with their own machines at that time. However, I would think you would need your receipts for your Dinar at some point for proof of where you purchased it and for how much."

I think you are right the banks will have their own way of making sure they are real

I don't believe you will need 'certificates or receipts' to trade them in. You will obviously need some type of receipt if you are claiming long term cap gains. I got into a heated argument on this before with someone. He swore up and down that if I couldn't prove that I bought them from a dealer, that they weren't going to be recognized. BS. Like above, I bought a bunch of mine in country. I will try and use the dates in my passport for a time line on those, if not then I pay short term. If I came home from vacation from England and had a lot of Euro's I wanted to trade back in, would I need to prove where I got them? No, once the dinar is internationally recognized, IMO, you are good. Talking to Uncle O will be different. Just my opinion.

My documentation of purchases was lost but fortunately Safe Dinar and Dinar Trade emailed me records of dates and amounts purchased and the costs, of course. Much depends on the reliability of the supplier and those two were responsible and prompt in helping me. I would rather have peace of mind and pay a little more for dinars I can trust from them than shave dollars and find out that the dinars from the cheapest guy in town are counterfeit after I go to cash them in.

I was reading some posts and a few mentioned certificates of authenticity, when I bought my dinar, they did not come with a cert. Is that going to be an issue when I try to cash them in?? Haters need not reply. thanks!!

As long as the note meets the 5 authentic markings they are worth the same with or without certs.

Im just looking at it this way....

This RV isn't meant to be taken advantage of like we are doing. Most likely there are a lot of people that have Dinar all around the world that don't even know about the upcoming RV. They have this currency just because they never cashed it in after leaving the country (Business, Pleasure, Whatever they were here for) you really think they got a certificate of authenticity when they traded their currency for the Dinar? I seriously doubt you would need a receipt or cert.....

Diacin, go to a store and buy a blacklight for about five bucks. Hold up the dinar and you should see an ultraviolet square appear. Check each bill for a watermark...horsehead. Security thread and raised letters and the bills combine regular ink with a metallic ink. Tilt the bill back and forth and the ink looks to be changing color slightly. The blacklight is the best test, IMO.

I bought my Dinar in Iraq in 04 while serving there. No one has mentioned to me about any certificates. Mine came straight from the bank, not through any type of mailing system. I have checked around with a few sources and certificates were never mentioned.

It would make sense to me that they (IRS or whomever) could probably get a good idea of when you bought them by the serial number on the bills.