Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

It's going to be a nice Christmas!

mlay901

Hey Guys,

Just got word from my broker and thought everyone here might be interested. Here is the pertinent portion of the email I got this morning:

"Concerning your buy order for TASC , please note that the lowest share price will be announced on the ISX website www.isx-iq.net , on Christmas Day , 25 December 2012 .This will give you an idea of the approximate cost..."

Best regards ,

Hasan A.L. Abdul-Karim ,Chairman and CEO ,

• Upvote 2

Good post Deborah Layne,

I recieved the same post also, just you posted first ... good job.

For the Dinar Vets who submitted their Buy Form early when the word first came out about AsiaCell and Zain, like I did, you have to resubmit again including the ISX Ticker (TASC).

Here is the response I received for that:

You need to send a new buy order for TASC . Please use our new Buying Authorization Form , which you can download from our website , www.isxbroker.com .

Please note that the minimal share price will be announced on the ISX website , www.isx-iq.net , on Christmas Day ,

25 December 2012 . Please also note that the minimum number of shares in your buy order must be 100,000 shares .

Best regards ,

Hasan A.L.Abdul-Karim ,

CEO ,

Aljazera Brokerage Company .

www.isxbroker.com

Good luck everyone and Go RV

RPMAC

The minimium Buy Order with Warka is 200,000 Shares. Does anyone know if the minimum with Warka will now be similar to Al-Jazeera? If a stock is said to be a floating stock on the ISX, does this effect the minimum amounts of shares one can now buy?

Thx for the info 901

Is Warka trading stock now?? I haven't brought stock through WARKA in awhile. I was under the impression that WARKA wasn't responding to request lately??? Also, are people still buying in proxy? I still need to get my Docs in order for MY GOOD NAME. Can someone tell me where to get the form for the 3 signatures? And is it possible to transfer stock currently held

in proxy into MY GOOD NAME?

Thanks!!

I dont understand all the hype about asia cell...there are soo many good stocks on the isx now. My gut feeling is the banks are the way to go, not to mention with all the hype the IPO will be high. However I dont think you can go wrong with most stocks on the ISX.

I dont understand all the hype about asia cell...there are soo many good stocks on the isx now. My gut feeling is the banks are the way to go, not to mention with all the hype the IPO will be high. However I dont think you can go wrong with most stocks on the ISX.

this article on mergers and acquisitions might add insight:

Recent MENA M&A deals generally involve telcos – NBK Capital

06 December 2012 05:33 PM

In its latest MENA In Focus issue, NBK Capital focused on assessing the M&A potential and the performance of banking stocks in the MENA region in 2012.

The report issuer stated that the recent pick-up in M&A activity in the telecoms sector in the region indicates a generally stronger commitment by operators to targeting inorganic growth in light of increasing saturation and slowing revenue growth in home markets.

Meanwhile, deal multiples have generally been declining since 2009, which indicates a more cautious approach by acquirers, as well as the diminishing returns offered by target assets.

Although cross-border acquisitions of new assets were more common in the pre-financial crisis era, recent deals have generally involved telcos increasing stakes in existing operations (i.e. buying out minorities), the report indicated.

Accordingly, NBK Capital saw that the current deal pipeline hints toward the revival of cross-border transactions, targeting new assets outside the Middle East.

As for the performance of the banking sector, NBK Capital provided an update on the performance of a sample of banking stocks in the first 11 months of 2012, i.e. from the end of December 2011 until the end of November 2012.

This sample consists of 19 of the largest banks in Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Qatar and Egypt.

Through this report, NBK Capital aim is to compare these stocks on the basis of returns, volatility, liquidity and valuation metrics. Riyad, FGB and QNB are outperformers in this analysis, while CAE, SABB and NSGB are laggards.

Asiacell is going to be very interesting. I fear they (those Iraqis that already own the stock) may dilute the heck out of the IPO and cause it to rapidly drop. Just depends on if their shares are restricted or not or some law we are not familiar with that causes the price per share to drop rapidly by allowing them to interject more shares into the market without our knowing. December 25th will shed new light on this subject. The pps may be so high that us little guys cannot get in. Or we may put in our buy orders with our brokers and just get shoved to the bottom of the list by the ISX when February 2nd comes because they are probably going to take the clients with bigger orders than we could possibly fill. Any thoughts? Just kind of thinking out loud here. I think the biggest question that stays in my mind is will there be a drastic dip after the IPO like most stocks tend to follow? Buy now or buy on the dip?

Asiacell is going to be very interesting. I fear they (those Iraqis that already own the stock) may dilute the heck out of the IPO and cause it to rapidly drop. Just depends on if their shares are restricted or not or some law we are not familiar with that causes the price per share to drop rapidly by allowing them to interject more shares into the market without our knowing. December 25th will shed new light on this subject. The pps may be so high that us little guys cannot get in. Or we may put in our buy orders with our brokers and just get shoved to the bottom of the list by the ISX when February 2nd comes because they are probably going to take the clients with bigger orders than we could possibly fill. Any thoughts? Just kind of thinking out loud here. I think the biggest question that stays in my mind is will there be a drastic dip after the IPO like most stocks tend to follow? Buy now or buy on the dip?

Why buy, the parent company Qtel is about 35 percent down on the 52 week high.

IPO's are always volatile, why take the risk.

• 4 weeks later...

What would be the steps to buy shares in advance to it being on the ISX ticker?

Should I request from my Warka broker for Reserve shares? Or is there another name for them.

Sorry, not an advanced investor.

they did respond to a Gmail I sent to them and was told that i just need to send a signed letter requesting shares that were on ISX listing. But they didn't tell me how to purchase shares (Asiacell) during this period of 2 Jan-2Feb.

Help.