Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Crisis Will Stimulate Investement In Iraq

SWFloridaGuy

10-18-12 Economic Committee Member: The global economic crisis will stimulate investment in Iraq. The global economic crisis European companies, American and even Asian forced them to enter into Iraq for the purpose of investment, given his country of great investment opportunities and all economic fields. The global economic crisis that swept European countries and some Latin American countries will stimulate the growth of the national economy by forcing companies to access to the Iraqi environment to invest in. Projects strategy great, especially as the country is undergoing a building and reconstruction. Iraq is one of the countries with investment opportunities large and in all fields Economic and will be a gateway to revive the world’s economies by attracting their companies to invest in the country, adding that foreign investors (Europeans and Americans) are currently looking for investment opportunities in all countries of the world as an exceptional case because of the economic crisis, and Iraq would be a better country for them. http://************.com/2012/10/18/economic-committee-member-global-economic-crisis-will-stimulate-investment-in-iraq/ --- Article link is getting blocked for some reason. Sorry about that. ---

I think economic committee member Abdulhussain Abtan said it better than anyone this morning. He said, "The global economic crisis will stimulate investment in Iraq and has forced the major powers of the world to enter into Iraq for the purpose of investment opportunities which promotes all economic fields." Bloomberg and Reuters have also had similar encouraging articles of late, speaking of investment in infrastructure development and record oil production numbers. We also have investment into Iraq's financial sector. USAID invested $31.6 million to improve Iraq's financial sector and help Iraq develop a comprehensive financial sector infrastructure that will ensure long-term growth, enhance the advocacy capacity of the private financial sector and help raise the financial sector’s capacity to international standards with a special focus on private banks. After decades of war Iraq has been in need of and received aid to establish a credit bureau, a financial sector training institute, a payments system and a modern centralized data repository system. Getting back to this morning's article, Abtan went on to say that, "Iraq is one of the countries with large investment opportunities in all economic fields and will be a gateway to revive the world’s economies by attracting their companies to invest in the country, adding that foreign investors (Europeans and Americans) are currently looking for investment opportunities in all countries of the world as an exceptional case because of the economic crisis, and Iraq would be a better country for them." This, of course, does not reference a RV, RI, RD, float, change in peg, hybrid solution etc., but rather signifies a more general positive economic outlook for the country of Iraq. This speaks to the basis of the IQD investment in my opinion. It's long term (approaching a decade) but clearly a strong bet, which I think we can all agree is an accurate assertion.

Edited by SWFloridaGuy
  • Upvote 4

The Brazilians have a saying that Brazil is the "Country of the Next Century", the problem is, it's always the next century. My concern is that Iraq's promise is always for the "coming days" or years and it is always "coming". Try feeding the promise of this article to someone who has held IQD in speculation for 7, 8, or 9 years.

• Upvote 2

The Brazilians have a saying that Brazil is the "Country of the Next Century", the problem is, it's always the next century. My concern is that Iraq's promise is always for the "coming days" or years and it is always "coming". Try feeding the promise of this article to someone who has held IQD in speculation for 7, 8, or 9 years.

I completely understand where you're coming from. I think we all share similar feelings at times. But as frustrating as this can be, I'd still rather be involved then not.

• Upvote 2

This national meeting next month is a truce. That's good, because also that means maliki will announce his GOI. So we should get ministers out of it and we just might be at the door of this busting wide open. And there are article talking about cutting parliament to a week on this holiday because they have some vital laws to pass. (the strategic policy/ federal or supreme council, what ever they are calling it. They have already agreed on almost all of HCl with 2 exceptions of 2 articles. That sounds like power sharing and security, and HCL (workable HCL) woooo

Edited by uncirculd
  • Upvote 3