Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

America put tracking devices in F-16 aircraft shipment sent to Iraq

Carrello

America put tracking devices in F-16 aircraft shipment sent to Iraq

Tuesday, 11 September 2012 12:16

Shafaq News / An informed source revealed on Tuesday, that the United States intends to put tracking devices in the in F-16 aircraft shipment which will be delivered to Iraq, stressing that these devices can monitor aircrafts and what is around it through satellites.

The source, who asked not to be named for the sensitivity of information, told "Shafaq News" that "we received information indicating that the United States is determined to put tracking devices and control the F-16 aircrafts which will be delivered to Iraq."

"The information that arrived in this regard is from reliable sources and there is not to doubt about that ", adding that "tracking devices that will be placed in the aircrafts will enable to see the plane and its location clearly at any time via satellite."

The source added who is close to the project of arming the Iraqi army that, "The United States has concerns about the tasks that will be used by Iraq and it has intended to freeze the shipment but this option was not possible to apply for many political reasons related to its relations with Iraq."

U.S. officials have revealed, in coincide with the visit of Chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey to Baghdad, that Iraq will receive the first batch of American fighters, "F - 16" in September 2014.

The officials, who preferred anonymity, said in remarks briefed by "Shafaq News" that "the United States has so far agreed to sell Iraq weapons and training contracts worth of $ 12 billion, including 36 fighter aircrafts type F - 16 ".

Iraq has paid last December the first installment in the agreement to buy of the first group of military aircraft "F-16" that worth about three billion dollars.

www.shafaaq.com

• Upvote 2

I don't find this surprising. While I vehemently oppose gov't intrusion and "big brother", I think the Iraqi's are not to be trusted and could turn against our interests and national security faster than a toad's tongue in a flea market and use them against us.

Its just a wise move in my estimation. They are a bunch of psycho circus clowns over there and their loyalties change daily. After all the US has done to liberate them and elevate their living conditions under Sadam they would still throw us under the bus in the morning if it served Maliki's self interest at the moment.

I am for smaller gov't but that doesn't mean naive gov't.

GP weighing in

• Upvote 1

I don't find this surprising. While I vehemently oppose gov't intrusion and "big brother", I think the Iraqi's are not to be trusted and could turn against our interests and national security faster than a toad's tongue in a flea market and use them against us.

Its just a wise move in my estimation. They are a bunch of psycho circus clowns over there and their loyalties change daily. After all the US has done to liberate them and elevate their living conditions under Sadam they would still throw us under the bus in the morning if it served Maliki's self interest at the moment.

I am for smaller gov't but that doesn't mean naive gov't.

GP weighing in

I have never heard 'faster than a toad's tongue in a flea market'........funny.

I am surprised the US copped to it. I can hear it now, "Okay Maliki, we will send those jets to you as promised with the addition of tracking equipment. If by an chance one, just one jet looses our tracking sensors, the jets will automatically blow up. You don't want that to happen now do you?"

• Upvote 1

I have never heard 'faster than a toad's tongue in a flea market'........funny.

I am surprised the US copped to it. I can hear it now, "Okay Maliki, we will send those jets to you as promised with the addition of tracking equipment. If by an chance one, just one jet looses our tracking sensors, the jets will automatically blow up. You don't want that to happen now do you?"

hahaha!

I doubt the US volunteered the info about the tracking device or that they will blow up if disabled.

You can bet however now that the info has been leaked they will hide those rascals like a mice in a cat house!

+1 to you Zig

• Upvote 1

Had a little people friend and his line was......"when I'm toe to toe my face is in it and when I'm face to face my toes are in it" Obviously his wife was full size..

He was really a midget or a dwarf, hell I don't know and neither did he. And obviously I don't give a rats ass about being politically correct.

DW out.

Edited by DWitte

Tracking device and a suspicious little black box in the cockpit.

For a minute I thought that was the first test flight :lol:

But I notice the date is further from the first date. I think they are waiting for the PM to be out of there. after all, he wants to use them on the kurds.

Edited by uncirculd