Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

anonymous has gone too far

divemaster5734

The hacker group anonymous, which claims to represent the "99%", has hacked Go Daddy servers.

Those pimply faced teens might think they were cute, but the truth is they have caused a huge problem with everyday working people everywhere.

My company is on those servers.

As a result, not only can customers not find my site, no one in my company can receive emails.

Every commercial project has a good number of entities involved, from across the US.

I have not been able to confirm at least 2 contracts which were to start tomorrow.

A verbal over the phone is not acceptable.

The signed contracts and scope were emailed.

So, now I have multiple employees that will be out of work for at least 2 days before the entire processes can be restarted.

I wonder, exactly how is this helping the average person?

Enough is enough, right now I really wish I could get my hands on one of those hackers.

It would be very difficult to type with every finger broken and shoved into an unmentionable place.

• Upvote 2

Sorry for your Trouble's divemaster and dog53!! Every GoDaddy-registered site temporarily knocked offline

Published September 10, 2012

FoxNews.com

GoDaddy%20Girl%20Danica%20Patrick.JPG

GoDaddy girl Danica Patrick, one of several models the popular domain registrar employs. (GoDaddy)

A malicious flood of network traffic has knocked Internet registrar GoDaddy’s servers offline -- taking with it the site, its email, and thousands, potentially millions of websites registered through one of the Internet’s most popular services.

A Twitter user quickly claimed credit for the incident, described as a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack by Anup Ghosh, chief scientist with security company Invincea.

'Anyone with an agenda can take down large portions of the Internet with really cheap, off-the-shelf tools.'

- Anup Ghosh, chief scientist with security company Invincea

“This is yet another example of how anyone with an agenda can take down large portions of the Internet with really cheap, off-the-shelf tools,” Ghosh told FoxNews.com.

GoDaddy should be protected against such a simple web assault -- a DDoS attack involves an overwhelming flood of communication that a server can't keep up with, but it can be orchestrated with as few as 50 computers.

That an Internet service which hosts more than 5 million websites wasn’t protected reveals a surprising truth: The Internet is still startlingly vulnerable to such an attack.

“Anyone can be hacked, the size of the company has no bearing on it all,” Ghosh said.

Twitter user Anonymous Own3r claimed credit for the attack, and was quick to distance himself from the hacking collective that goes by a similar name.

"It is not Anonymous collective it's only me. Don't use Anonymous collective name on it, just my name," he wrote, shortly after claiming responsibility.

Anonymous@AnonOpsLegion

#TangoDown -- godaddy.com | by @AnonymousOwn3r |

10 Sep 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

In broken English filled with typos, he explained his justification for the attack.

"I'm taking godaddy down bacause well i'd like to test how the cyber security is safe and for more reasons that i can not talk now."

GoDaddy quickly acknowledged the problem online, writing on Twitter that it was “working feverishly” to resolve the matter in a timely fashion.

“We're aware of the trouble people are having with our site. We're working on it,” GoDaddy explained in a simple Tweet Monday afternoon. Within two hours, the company claimed to be making progress.

"Update: Still working on it, but we're making progress. Some service has already been restored. Stick with us."

Ghosh and Invincea are particularly sensitive to the problem; as a GoDaddy customer, his site is down.

“Our website is down, any emails sent to Invincea aren’t going to make it.”

By taking down the servers at just a single key service providers, those responsible took down a lot of properties, he noted. And infrastructure needs to be made less vulnerable to these types of attacks.

“The bar is low to implement these types of attacks. It doesn’t take a lot,” he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/09/10/every-godaddy-registered-site-temporarily-offline/#ixzz266NDRtVg

Edited by yota691

The hacker group anonymous, which claims to represent the "99%", has hacked Go Daddy servers.

Those pimply faced teens might think they were cute, but the truth is they have caused a huge problem with everyday working people everywhere.

My company is on those servers.

As a result, not only can customers not find my site, no one in my company can receive emails.

Every commercial project has a good number of entities involved, from across the US.

I have not been able to confirm at least 2 contracts which were to start tomorrow.

A verbal over the phone is not acceptable.

The signed contracts and scope were emailed.

So, now I have multiple employees that will be out of work for at least 2 days before the entire processes can be restarted.

I wonder, exactly how is this helping the average person?

Enough is enough, right now I really wish I could get my hands on one of those hackers.

It would be very difficult to type with every finger broken and shoved into an unmentionable place.

Dive, I agree with you EXCEPT where you call them pimply-faced teens. These folks, IMO, are well financed a**holes, masquerading as humbly representing the 99%ers. (By the way,you need to know,again IMO, this 99%-1% crap is just that, made-up crap. Maybe, I've watched too much James Bond ,LOL, but I do believe that someone(s) are trying to bring down capitalism, and particularly the U.S.

These folks are waaayyy beyond guys just having fun, and being mischievous....dontcha think ?

• Upvote 1

YES !!!!!! +1 I too have a internet business that uses GoDaddy. My site is down. Orders have stopped. WTF !!!!!!!!

These people that do this should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law as felons. This is bull s#$@ :angry:

Anonymous is several they will never ALL be caught plus they are constantly recruiting and branching off. IMHO they have done more harm than good and they need to relax. Guys, we are dealing with Grade A hackers here they know how to evade and not get caught.

Edited by easyrider

Thats what they get. I have no sympathy for go-daddy. I hope that company loses big time for what they support. Unfortunately, collateral damage happens when a point must be made.

I dont support hackers, though i do know their pocket book was hit as well when thousands of people moved from their servers. Voting/making real change with our dollar is the most powerful way to do it.

• Upvote 1