Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

roots of obama rage

R2D2

Dear Readers – I saw the movie and agree with Sowell, it’s a powerful movie. The movie is based on Dinesh D’Souza’s best selling book, “The Roots of Obama’s Rage” --- Recomended for all voters :twothumbs:

=============================================================

Sowell: 2016 - A Powerful Movie

By Thomas Sowell August 22, 2012 5:44 am

Years, and sometimes decades, pass between my visits to movie theaters. But I drove 30 miles to see the movie "2016," based on Dinesh D'Souza's best-selling book, "The Roots of Obama's Rage." Where I live is so politically correct that such a movie would not even be mentioned, much less shown.

Every seat in the theater was filled, even though there had been an earlier showing that day, and more showings were scheduled for the rest of the afternoon and evening. I had to sit on a staircase in the balcony, but it was worth it.

The audience was riveted. You could barely hear a sound from them, or detect a movement, and certainly not smell popcorn. Yet the movie had no bombast, no violence, no sex and no spectacular visual effects.

The documentary itself was fascinating, as Dinesh D'Souza presented the story of Barack Obama's life and view of the world, in a very conversational sort of way, illustrating it with visits to people and places around the world that played a role in the way Obama's ideas and beliefs evolved.

It was refreshing to see how addressing adults as adults could be effective, in an age when so many parts of the media address the public as if they were children who need a constant whirlwind of sounds and movements to keep them interested.

Dinesh D'Souza's own perspective, as someone born in India who came to America and became an American, provided a special insight into the way people from the Third World often perceive or misperceive the United States and the Western world.

That Third World perspective is Obama's perspective, D'Souza demonstrates in this documentary, as in his book -- and it is a perspective that is very foreign to that of most Americans, which may be why some believe that Obama was born elsewhere.

D'Souza is convinced that the president was born in Hawaii, as he claims, but argues that not only Obama's time living in Indonesia and his emotionally charged visits to his father's home in Africa, have had a deep and impassioned effect on his thinking.

The story of Barack Obama, however, is not just the story of how one man came to be the way he is. It is a much larger story about how millions of Americans came to vote for, and some to idolize, a man whose fundamental beliefs and values are so different from their own.

For every person who sees Obama as somehow foreign there are many others who see him as a mainstream American political figure -- and an inspiring one.

This D'Souza attributes to Barack Obama's great talents in rhetoric, and his ability to project an image that resonates with most Americans, however much that image may differ from, or even flatly contradict, the reality of Obama's own ideological view of the world.

What is that ideological view?

The Third World, or anti-colonial, view is that the rich nations have gotten rich by taking wealth from the poor nations. It is part of a much larger vision, in which the rich in general have gotten rich by taking from the poor, whether in their own country or elsewhere.

Whatever its factual weaknesses, it is an emotionally powerful vision, to which many people have dedicated their lives, and for which some have even risked their lives. Some of these people appear in this documentary movie, as they have appeared throughout the formative phases of Barack Obama's life.

The Reverend Jeremiah Wright is just the most visible and vocal of a long line of such people who played crucial roles in Obama's evolution. When Jeremiah Wright thundered about how "white folks' greed runs a world in need," he captured the essence of the Third World or anti-colonial vision.

But many of the other mentors, allies, family and friends of Barack Obama over the years were of the same mindset, as this documentary demonstrates.

More important, the movie "2016" demonstrates how so many of Obama's actions as President of the United States, which D'Souza had predicted on the basis of his study of Obama's background, are perfectly consistent with that ideology, however inconsistent it is with the rhetoric that gained him the highest office in the land.

---

Thomas Sowell is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305. His website is www.tsowell.com.

COPYRIGHT 2012 CREATORS.COM

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

My husband and I went to see this movie and it was very enlighening to say the least. I was surprised at the end of it when everyone stood up and applauded! It was very moving and encouraging that this president will be a one term president and we can get our great nation back on track.

When the haters are cursing our country and saying how bad it is, I would like to ask, "Why is it that millions are trying to get in here instead of trying to leave here?" Just common sense tells us how much better we have it here in the USA than just about anywhere else.

• Upvote 5

I went to see 2016 and the theater was pack too.There was 8 us, who went see movie and it was very very good and very telling.We had 2 libs in are group of people, who went to see the moive.They were on the fence about voting for obama.Well I guess not all Libs are stupid,because are libs. friends are not voting for obama now.The movie made difference for a change.They said there was few things in the movie that, they didn't know about, that they didn't like.I wish more libs.were more open minded like my friends.We can only hope more will wake up.

• Upvote 4

Went to see this movie with the wife the other day.

Excellent and professionally done.

Not just a regurgitation of political brainwashing we see in the media on both sides of the aisle.

He brings up some very good points and it cuts through the political bias we so often have to wade through in the media today.

GP

• Upvote 2

each year i am more awed than the previous at how the strategy to distract becomes increasingly effective. while the sheep are lead to argue over which farmer offers the better grass, their wool is being sold at high market capitalization. and it works over and over and over and over and ov........

I know Trinity rolleyes.gif

Did you happen to see "W" ? That one worked real well too, but they got the timing down better on this one...

• Upvote 1

I know Trinity rolleyes.gif

Did you happen to see "W" ? That one worked real well too, but they got the timing down better on this one...

no i never watched it. i feel that it is a sincere waste of time. the general public honestly stands no chance unless God intervenes and enlightens them. people are desperate for answers and use cliches like, "returning our great nation to what it was". what in the world do they mean by that? they never go into details but regurgitate sayings because it has a good ring.

rand paul's speech was on npr the other day and i listened. not to him but to the crowd. rand would say a line, pause, and the crowd would erupt in applause on queue. this repeated over and over and over again. at one point he said something that wasn't easily understood. there was this uncomfortable pause but no fear, the crowd thought about it and then erupted in applause.

i laughed and turned it off.....

just so i am clear to anyone who does not know me, my opinions or my writings. i have read up on the philosophy BEHIND many of the people "positioned" in national leadership, and for the common man, it aint what you think at all whatsoever. if you are wealthy, then sure, it works out great for you. if you are commoner, what you have gained was taken from those who rightfully should have it. this is nothing new but the roots can be found all the way to old england. in their eyes the feudal system works best, the general public must be controlled, the wealth is more responsibly managed in the hands of those vetted to guardian it.

once the common joe educates themselves in the philosophy of the rulers, they will understand this world in a brand new light. until then we will continue the cycle of "democratic vs republican" "white vs black" "immigrants vs citizen" "abortionist vs right to life" etc etc etc. oh! and just so that i promote knowledge here are few things a person should read up on: Straussian philosophy and Milton Freeman. these are some of the leading minds against "democracy" studied and adopted by leaders who run a "democratic" government.

be blessed, and educated, my friends. and most of all, pray!

• Upvote 1

each year i am more awed than the previous at how the strategy to distract becomes increasingly effective. while the sheep are lead to argue over which farmer offers the better grass, their wool is being sold at high market capitalization. and it works over and over and over and over and ov........

What you fail to include is that many sheep just want to be sheep, to live quiet lives in the sunshine and under the care of a kindly shepherd, feeling no hunger because the shepherd makes sure they live in a pasture with good grass to eat. They enjoy living in that meadow with other sheep who are much like them. They are not wrong in this. It is merely what they want and what they are designed to need and want from life. They are happy with that "better grass," and with the shepherd who makes sure they get it, and again, there is nothing wrong with that. They don't know anything about a wool market, nor do they care. Their occasional contribution of wool is just what they give to sustain the order in which they live. They would be not only dismayed, but also terribly frightened if they were forced to do the shepherd's work, and try to plan and execute the annual sheering or get the wool to market, let alone providing the other sheep with the "better grass" normally provided by a shepherd. They really want the shepherd to do that, and they are happy when he does. And once again, there is nothing wrong with that. Perhaps it is unfortunate that the so-called "sheep" generally have more limited abilities than their shepherds, but even in a real herd of sheep, there is only one that jumps the fence first, often at the urging of the shepherd. And only then does the rest of the flock do the only thing it knows how to do--follow.

• Upvote 1

What you fail to include is that many sheep just want to be sheep, to live quiet lives in the sunshine and under the care of a kindly shepherd, feeling no hunger because the shepherd makes sure they live in a pasture with good grass to eat. They enjoy living in that meadow with other sheep who are much like them. They are not wrong in this. It is merely what they want and what they are designed to need and want from life. They are happy with that "better grass," and with the shepherd who makes sure they get it, and again, there is nothing wrong with that. They don't know anything about a wool market, nor do they care. Their occasional contribution of wool is just what they give to sustain the order in which they live. They would be not only dismayed, but also terribly frightened if they were forced to do the shepherd's work, and try to plan and execute the annual sheering or get the wool to market, let alone providing the other sheep with the "better grass" normally provided by a shepherd. They really want the shepherd to do that, and they are happy when he does. And once again, there is nothing wrong with that. Perhaps it is unfortunate that the so-called "sheep" generally have more limited abilities than their shepherds, but even in a real herd of sheep, there is only one that jumps the fence first, often at the urging of the shepherd. And only then does the rest of the flock do the only thing it knows how to do--follow.

They are ok being sheep until they realize that they are in the slaughter house then its too late

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cenk Uygur Destroys Anti-Obama Author Dinesh D’Souza

by Tommy Christopher | 1:59 pm, August 22nd, 2012

Author Dinesh D’Souza, whose The Roots Of Obama’s Rage is the basis for the newly-released hackumentary 2016: Obama’s America, is making the rounds to promote the film. On Tuesday night’s The Young Turks, host Cenk Uygur confronted D’Souza with the facts behind the film’s deranged view of President Obama, and asked him why he never complained about the George W. Bush policies that exploded the debt, and that President Obama is still paying for.

Credit D’Souza for submitting himself to an interview with a progressive outlet, and an aggressive progressive host, but he didn’t bring much else to the fight. Uygur began by challenging D’Souza on the defense budget. “The US military budget is now $695 billion, China is number two at $120 billion,” Uygur said. “We are about six to one ratio over our closest competitor. Jesus, how much money do you need we have to spend on nukes and defense spending before your friends, who are defense contractors, are happy enough?”

D’Souza ducked the question, changing the subject to the deficit. “Well first of all, domestic spending has been growing promiscuously under Obama,” he said. “He has added $5 trillion to the national deficit. If he had a second term, you can assume he will add $5 trillion more.”

Uygur pointed out that “a great majority of that was left over from the Bush administration….He left a $1.2 trillion per year when Obama came into office. That is because of the giant tax cuts that your friends got – the excedibly rich – that’s because of the giant defense contracts that your friends got, because of the oil subsidies, because of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. That you were in favor of. That the entire Republican party was in favor of. $1.2 trillion a year left by Bush.”

D’Souza later tried to revise history by claiming Bush never turned in a deficit of over $1 trillion. “The largest Bush deficit was $500 billion dollars,” he claimed. “The lowest Obama deficit is $1 trillion. Untrue? ”

“Untrue,” Cenk responded. “When Obama got into office, Bush left him a $1.2 trillion dollar deficit in his last year.”

“His last year?” D’Souza said. “You mean 2009?”

“2008,” Cenk responded.

“In 2008, America’s deficit was under $500 billion dollars. It was Obama who carried that on to an over $1 trillion deficit in ’09,” Claimed D’Souza.

“You’re saying that when President Obama got into office that the deficit was $500 billion, when in fact everyone acknowledges it was $1.2 trillion, is that the claim that you are making?” Cenk asked.

“Wait a second, we are talking about a carry over year,” D’Souza replied. “You’re basically trying to saddle Bush with Obama deficit.”

The facts, not surprisingly, are not D’Souza’s friends. For the fiscal year ending in September of 2008, the federal budget deficit was just over a trillion dollars, adjusted for inflation. For the “carry-over year” ending in September of 2009, the deficit was $1.8 trillion dollars, which included mandatory spending that Bush put in place, and the stimulus that halted the Bush slide into oblivion.

D’Souza did get one fact right. His film is actually doing relatively well, having just expanded into 169 theaters, and averaging a respectable $7,365 per screen, with a domestic gross of just over $2 million in limited release. The film is partially financed by TD Ameritradebillionaire Joe Ricketts, who infamously commissioned a strategy memo that sought to launch a race-based attack on the President by resurrecting the Rev. Jeremiah Wright story.

Video Part 1:

My linkBut don't let facts get in the way of feelings:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cenk-uygur-destroys-anti-obama-author-dinesh-dsouza/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Obama-inherits-mess.jpg

Great resource!!

Dan is the founder of the Abrams Media Network, which includes Mediaite, Geekosystem, Styleite, SportsGrid, The Jane Dough, The Mary Sue, and is co-founder of Gossip Cop. He is also the CEO of Abrams Research.

Dan is currently a legal analyst for ABC and a substitute anchor for “Good Morning America.” Previously, Dan was also the General Manager of MSNBC where he defined the network as “The Place for Politics”. During his tenure, the network saw its most significant ratings and profit gains to date. He also hosted “The Abrams Report”, a nightly legal affairs program, and the acclaimed “Verdict with Dan Abrams”. He is the current host of Investigation Discovery’s “Chasing Justice With Dan Abrams.” :lol:

• Upvote 3

The problem is, the people that should see this movie will not go because they are liberals and obama brain washed.... We already knew most of this stuff about this clown but the lib mainstream media won't allow it to be broadcast.

My sentiments exactly! Especially when it is advertised as an Obama Bashing Documentary! NOT! I thought it told the story of Obamas past and why he thinks the way he thinks, pretty well........

• Upvote 3

Obama-inherits-mess.jpg

Great resource!!

Dan is the founder of the Abrams Media Network, which includes Mediaite, Geekosystem, Styleite, SportsGrid, The Jane Dough, The Mary Sue, and is co-founder of Gossip Cop. He is also the CEO of Abrams Research.

Dan is currently a legal analyst for ABC and a substitute anchor for “Good Morning America.” Previously, Dan was also the General Manager of MSNBC where he defined the network as “The Place for Politics”. During his tenure, the network saw its most significant ratings and profit gains to date. He also hosted “The Abrams Report”, a nightly legal affairs program, and the acclaimed “Verdict with Dan Abrams”. He is the current host of Investigation Discovery’s “Chasing Justice With Dan Abrams.” :lol:

That says it all! Fair and Balanced?? NOT! Thanks again yota691

The obama picture is shockingly true to life! :lol:

• Upvote 3

What you fail to include is that many sheep just want to be sheep, to live quiet lives in the sunshine and under the care of a kindly shepherd, feeling no hunger because the shepherd makes sure they live in a pasture with good grass to eat.

very eloquently put and disarming francie26 however there is extreme danger to this way of thinking. this way of thinking hides one under the shadow of lie. it is the withholding of truth and knowledge that is sinister and evil. you see, once we all know the truth then we are all on an equal playing field and not exploitable....not sheep-able. knowledge is truly power and if we are all to conduct ourselves under the light of day then allowing oneself to be exploited is our right. but that is not the mode of operation of those who rule. exhaustive efforts are exacted to ensure that joe commoner never comes to truth because then it is feared that joe commoner might desire to alter the contract.

i've gone on too long though and these debates usually go nowhere. but i will leave, those who will seek truth, with the words of rockefeller after he helped devise the most sinister and unconstitutional institution in the history of our nation to rule our nation's monetary policy:

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time

Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended

our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost

forty years."

"It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world

if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years.

But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a

world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite

and world bankers is surely preferable to the national

auto-determination practiced in past centuries."

if anyone at all have trouble deciphering what these sinister words really mean, reach out to me and i have no problem explaining.

be blessed my friends.

• Upvote 1