Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

U.S. Decision To Not Sign Arms Treaty

CCRKBA Credits Grassroots for U.S. Decision To Not Sign Arms Treaty

BELLEVUE, Wash., July 27, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms today applauds the decision by the United States to not sign the proposed International Arms Trade Treaty, and CCRKBA credits grassroots action for the gun rights victory.

CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb, who is at the United Nations in New York, said the announcement came Friday morning after a week of intense negotiations.

"I think the grassroots surge by American gun owners against this treaty convinced our government to not sign this document," Gottlieb said. "The proposed treaty, as written, poses serious problems for our gun rights, and the sovereignty of our Second Amendment."

CCRKBA has been active in raising public awareness about the proposed treaty, and Gottlieb said he is proud of members and supporters who "stepped up to the plate" and contacted their U.S. senators.

"This is freedom in action," Gottlieb stated. "We are gratified that so many did so much to protect their Second Amendment rights from an international gun rights grab."

With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms ( www.ccrkba.org ) is one of the nation's premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States.

SOURCE Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ccrkba-credits-grassroots-for-us-decision-to-not-sign-arms-treaty-2012-07-27

• Upvote 11

This is great news, but don't let your guard down.

These gungrabbers are never going to give up this fight.

I am proud to have done my part in helping out here. These misguided people will never give up. If they succeed in stripping us of one of our rights they will eventually go for all.

We hold on to one of our constitutional rights today and for that we applaud :bravo:

but they will try again another day another way so we will stay vigilant as we will never see the rights we've already given away by not paying attention :reading1:

wow! didn't expect this. Barry can't afford to piss off any more gun owners. He sure has changed his tune since the batman massacre. What a political monster! Guess we can lock down my thread on the petition. Thanks to all who participated. Maybe just maybe we made a difference. I like to think that we did!

wow! didn't expect this. Barry can't afford to piss off any more gun owners. He sure has changed his tune since the batman massacre. What a political monster! Guess we can lock down my thread on the petition. Thanks to all who participated. Maybe just maybe we made a difference. I like to think that we did!

Absolutely made a difference...Thanks for starting that thread wpsmit.

That and others like it on the internet are exactly what made this happen.

Im happy that the first news came from a similar pro 2nd ammendment

site with a drive to tell Congress how we felt.....Thanks again for your

patriotism my friend.

• Upvote 1

I sent e-mails to all 3 of my Senators. Two of them replied with indepth responses saying that they opposed the treaty and would not vote for it. One said that 44 Senators had sent a letter to the President telling him they would oppose the treaty. My other Senator just sent a form letter thanking me for my interest in government issues, no mention of the subject that I wrote to him about. I said to all of them that I didn't want a form letter, but wanted to hear their views.

I guess the one that sent the form letter was going to vote for the treaty.

Thank Heaven that this one time we had at least 44 Senators who did what was right.

God Bless America :bravo: