Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Biden visits Iraq today ..

yota691

Another Biden article

Joe Biden in Baghdad to solve crisis

BAGHDAD

Joe Biden. AFP photo

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden was scheduled to arrive in Baghdad yesterday to discuss the political crisis that has engulfed the country since the last U.S. soldier left the country.

According to the Anatolia news agency, Biden will meet with Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, and Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) leader Masoud Barzani, as well as other top officials from the secular Iraqiya bloc and Shiite al-Sadr movement. Meanwhile, Iraqi lawmakers, aiming to unseat al-Maliki with a no-confidence vote, delivered their request to the president, and Talabani set up a commission to oversee the process. Lawmakers collected 172 votes, which is enough to take a no-confidence vote against al-Maliki. Also, election authorities in the KRG indefinitely postponed provincial polls scheduled for September because of laws restricting minority voting rights, Agence France-Presse reported. The delay further extends the period between Iraq’s nationwide provincial council elections in January 2009 and similar polls being conducted in the three-province Kurdish region.

June/06/2012

http://www.hurriyetd...9&NewsCatID=358

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/119372-joe-biden-in-baghdad-to-solve-crisis/#ixzz1wxQcWHVF

• Upvote 1

Already posted. Go here to comment

Closing topic.

************Since SocalDinar said this article was different from the other one, I have reopened his thread and merged it

with the other one.*******************

Thanks TG

Dont know why you got a neg.

+1 for you.

I try my best to make sure I don't double post

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden was scheduled to arrive in Baghdad yesterday to discuss the political crisis that has engulfed the country since the last U.S. soldier left the country.

According to the Anatolia news agency, Biden will meet with Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, and Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) leader Masoud Barzani, as well as other top officials from the secular Iraqiya bloc and Shiite al-Sadr movement. Meanwhile, Iraqi lawmakers, aiming to unseat al-Maliki with a no-confidence vote, delivered their request to the president, and Talabani set up a commission to oversee the process. Lawmakers collected 172 votes, which is enough to take a no-confidence vote against al-Maliki. Also, election authorities in the KRG indefinitely postponed provincial polls scheduled for September because of laws restricting minority voting rights, Agence France-Presse reported. The delay further extends the period between Iraq’s nationwide provincial council elections in January 2009 and similar polls being conducted in the three-province Kurdish region.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/joe-biden-in-baghdad-to-solve-crisis.aspx?pageID=238&nID=22489&NewsCatID=358 from a news source in turkey....

but it is the only news article reporting it that I found, so i still say I doubt it, however we do have a military base in turkey, that he could have stopped over at and they have first knowledge of him there! who knows!

Al Sadr refuses to meet with Biden. Without Al Sadr, a government can't be fully formed & the minister seats will go unfilled.

The RV can't move forward if WTO & C7 talks are put on hold again.

It's best Biden didn't make such a trip. This will only cause Al Sadr to balk causing further delays.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1