Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Catholics have stood up, where are the Baptists??

delta22

Thanks Delta22, these are issues that we need to take notice of. I see this as it pertaining to all faiths not just Catholic's. I firmly believe that we are headed in a downward direction. If we do not do the work of God, they whoa unto us.

Vote and vote with your conscious.

• Upvote 3

Thanks Delta22, these are issues that we need to take notice of. I see this as it pertaining to all faiths not just Catholic's. I firmly believe that we are headed in a downward direction. If we do not do the work of God, they whoa unto us.

Vote and vote with your conscious.

What is the "work of god" ?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There heads are in the sand as usual.

Really? Tell that to my non denominational, bible-believing church members who spend their time at abortion clinics defending the unborn and other who spread the gospel continually.

You should know a matter before you speak in love.

What is the "work of god" ?

to love God with all our hearts and to love our neighbors the same. To tell all creation about the fact that God in the flesh took our shortcomings upon himself so that we could be reconciled with Him.

Some might think it foolish, but it cannot be denied that it is down out of love for people. Uber atheist Penn Jillette agrees.

• Upvote 5

Really? Tell that to my non denominational, bible-believing church members who spend their time at abortion clinics defending the unborn and other who spread the gospel continually.

You should know a matter before you speak in love.

to love God with all our hearts and to love our neighbors the same. To tell all creation about the fact that God in the flesh took our shortcomings upon himself so that we could be reconciled with Him.

Some might think it foolish, but it cannot be denied that it is down out of love for people. Uber atheist Penn Jillette agrees.

Why would god need our love and even more so why would he need humans to tell all about it? Seems like such a humanistic vain attribute for such a powerful "entity"

I don't understand, what's done out of love for people?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Why would god need our love and even more so why would he need humans to tell all about it? Seems like such a humanistic vain attribute for such a powerful "entity"

I don't understand, what's done out of love for people?

If you are a father, do you not want the love of your children? Likewise, God the Father wants our love.

If you believed someone was in danger of drowning, would you not out of love try to warn them even if they thought you were crazy? If someone was in a burning house and they were asleep, would you not do all in your power to wake them up out of love for them? Of course you would because you believe their lives are in danger.

The point is that Christians believe we are all separated from God by our sins. God is holy, sin has made us unholy. Sin literally brings death and suffering, thus it is the antithesis of God. But God wants to be reconciled with us so He took our sins (lies, theft, lust, hate, bitterness, etc.) upon Himself. He took the punishment for our sins so we wouldn't have to be punished. Why does He punish sin? Because it brings pain, suffering, and death to all of creation. But God loves us, thus He sacrificed His son Christ (God in the flesh) so we would not have to be punished to hell, bur can be in Heaven with Him.

Penn Jillete said, "How much do you have to hate someone to know that ever lasting life exists and not tell them." Christians "warn" people about the judgment from God coming to all of us because of our sins because we love them. This is what is done out of love for people even though we might be ridiculed, harassed, or even disowned by our friends and families. Heck, it's out of love that I right this at 3am even thought Im exhausted and have to wake up early in the morning and even thought I might be ridiculed for what I write.

rightsongword,you really didn't get my meaning.Alot of your Baptists church's are of color.They won't speak out because of obama being part black.They scared too.I'm not!

Many self-proclaimed Catholics and Protestants support what you speak of, not matter what "color" they are. We work with churches of "color" and they do not support what Obama believes. I mean not to be rude, but let's not make unreasonable assumptions here based on what you see on TV.

• Upvote 4

If you are a father, do you not want the love of your children? Likewise, God the Father wants our love.

If you believed someone was in danger of drowning, would you not out of love try to warn them even if they thought you were crazy? If someone was in a burning house and they were asleep, would you not do all in your power to wake them up out of love for them? Of course you would because you believe their lives are in danger.

The point is that Christians believe we are all separated from God by our sins. God is holy, sin has made us unholy. Sin literally brings death and suffering, thus it is the antithesis of God. But God wants to be reconciled with us so He took our sins (lies, theft, lust, hate, bitterness, etc.) upon Himself. He took the punishment for our sins so we wouldn't have to be punished. Why does He punish sin? Because it brings pain, suffering, and death to all of creation. But God loves us, thus He sacrificed His son Christ (God in the flesh) so we would not have to be punished to hell, bur can be in Heaven with Him.

Penn Jillete said, "How much do you have to hate someone to know that ever lasting life exists and not tell them." Christians "warn" people about the judgment from God coming to all of us because of our sins because we love them. This is what is done out of love for people even though we might be ridiculed, harassed, or even disowned by our friends and families. Heck, it's out of love that I right this at 3am even thought Im exhausted and have to wake up early in the morning and even thought I might be ridiculed for what I write.

Of course, but I certainly wouldn't burn them for not loving me. That seems very un-father like and the opposite of love.

Yes I would help someone in need, but how is spreading "the word" the same as saving someone from a burning building?? If god wanted "his word" to be spread, why wouldn't he simply do it himself? Just seems illogical and counter intuitive to god's goal.

Why wouldn't god simply create a world without sin if he is opposed to it so much?

Seems like your god likes to make things difficult for "himself"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why wouldn't god simply create a world without sin if he is opposed to it so much?

He did. Read Genesis. Man did the one thing God told him not to do. Eat of the fruit of Good and Evil. When that happened Sin was introduced and the world started its spiral downward. God knew this was going to happen and put in place a safety in the form of His only begotten Son Jesus. He would die on the cross for all mankinds sins. He who believes shall have everlasting life.

• Upvote 7

This started long before man was created, an angel thought he was better and more powerful than the GOD that created him. in the end satan and his minions

will be seperated forever from the light, which is GOD, never to walk to and fro anymore in the presence of GOD accusing mankind constantly

No one can excommunicate you from GOD................................but YOU

• Upvote 3

Alright, let's break this down into simple terms. God loves us. We have never done anything good enough to earn this Love. This is what we call Grace (getting what we don't deserve). Now, since God loves us, He wants to have a personal relationship with us. This relationship was broken when sin entered into the world. Now, the reason that God allowed a way for sin to enter into the world is quite simple. He wanted us to have the option to serve and love him. He gave us free will because if we did not have it, it would be easily compared to a robot saying "I love you." He wanted us to serve Him because we want to. Now, back to the relationship. We can repair the breach in the relationship by accepting the free gift of salvation. This can be pictured as God rebuilding the bridge that Adam destroyed.

• Upvote 5

We made it hard for ourselves, God did not.

God out of love unto repentance, made it hard for us that we would learn to rely on Him and His righteousness.

Mongo; God can, does and will excommunicate permanently.

Edited by ATHIM
  • Upvote 1

Of course, but I certainly wouldn't burn them for not loving me. That seems very un-father like and the opposite of love.

Yes I would help someone in need, but how is spreading "the word" the same as saving someone from a burning building?? If god wanted "his word" to be spread, why wouldn't he simply do it himself? Just seems illogical and counter intuitive to god's goal.

Seems like your god likes to make things difficult for "himself"

God goofed! That's why. He put a man and a woman in the garden and gave them, of all things, free will. Wrong, wrong, wrong! It is that free will that many religions have since tried to take back, by putting "God" in control again. How do they do that you ask? Well, they do that by telling people that "they" have been privy to "the direct word of God" as written in a two thousand year old manuscript, which was not complete, was translated several times and several ways before it became available in English. With each group to embrace some part of the bible it lost something in the translation. So we follow preachers (not God) who preach the word of God (as translated by imperfect and flawed men), from an ancient and unreliably translated manuscript.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

God goofed! That's why. He put a man and a woman in the garden and gave them, of all things, free will. Wrong, wrong, wrong! It is that free will that many religions have since tried to take back, by putting "God" in control again. How do they do that you ask? Well, they do that by telling people that "they" have been privy to "the direct word of God" as written in a two thousand year old manuscript, which was not complete, was translated several times and several ways before it became available in English. With each group to embrace some part of the bible it lost something in the translation. So we follow preachers (not God) who preach the word of God (as translated by imperfect and flawed men), from an ancient and unreliably translated manuscript.

Really.

1. God does not goof, creation does.

2. The bible is the most accurate, historically translated document on earth.

3. Christ came to establish His Church on earth and gave people (Apostles) the reigns. Like it or not that is how God wanted it. Though, a church that lauds it over does not resemble the image of Christ, BUT the truth is there for those who seek it in His Church protected and preserved by the Bishops. God wanted us to be in relationship with His established priesthood not so that they could dominate us, more so in that they are empowered by the Holy Spirit with authority that lay people do not have, a power that a good presbyter will use humbly to lead people to Christ.

• Upvote 2

He did. Read Genesis. Man did the one thing God told him not to do. Eat of the fruit of Good and Evil. When that happened Sin was introduced and the world started its spiral downward. God knew this was going to happen and put in place a safety in the form of His only begotten Son Jesus. He would die on the cross for all mankinds sins. He who believes shall have everlasting life.

Ok, but as you said god already knew this would happen. If god is omniscient, then what's the point of creating a man he knew would disobey, thereby requiring him to send jesus to die on the cross. Seems a being as powerful as a god would simply create a world without sin as he did in gneiss but then create a man he knows will not eat the fruit. Or better yet not even create such a test for man in the first place?? I'm not sure if there was actually a theistic god he would make such illogical decisions when laying out "his" plans.

Agreed, given what we know from science and the natural world it amazes me how people can actually literally believe these holy books are accurate. I mean noah's ark, virgin births, zombies, talking snakes, a 10,000 year old earth, man and dinosaurs together etc. One has to stretch their logic and rational thinking to new heights to believe this.

Really.

1. God does not goof, creation does.

2. The bible is the most accurate, historically translated document on earth.

3. Christ came to establish His Church on earth and gave people (Apostles) the reigns. Like it or not that is how God wanted it. Though, a church that lauds it over does not resemble the image of Christ, BUT the truth is there for those who seek it in His Church protected and preserved by the Bishops. God wanted us to be in relationship with His established priesthood not so that they could dominate us, more so in that they are empowered by the Holy Spirit with authority that lay people do not have, a power that a good presbyter will use humbly to lead people to Christ.

1. If god is omniscient that means he goofed as he is responsible for all there is

2; As of today there hanse't been a single shred of evidence to support it's accuracy. Perhaps you've found something historians and scientists have not. Would be cool to know.

3. Well if that was god's goal seems he failed since christians have murdered countless innocent people in the "name of christ/god" and forced conversion since christianity began, sounds pretty dominating to me. As of today non believers are among the fastest growing groups in the US and in another 30 years or so, more than half the country will hopefully have evolved past this mythology. If god's not goofing perhaps his plan is to eventually eradicate religion all together. jmho

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Ok, but as you said god already knew this would happen. If god is omniscient, then what's the point of creating a man he knew would disobey, thereby requiring him to send jesus to die on the cross. Seems a being as powerful as a god would simply create a world without sin as he did in gneiss but then create a man he knows will not eat the fruit. Or better yet not even create such a test for man in the first place?? I'm not sure if there was actually a theistic god he would make such illogical decisions when laying out "his" plans.

God is love, and was from all eternity drawn absolutely and completely to the cross... why? because as Jesus said... not greater love has a man than to lay down his life for his friends. So God being love was inexorably drawn to the greatest act of love possible, laying His life down on the cross to express that love completely for the salvation of man... God went all the way with love and spared nothing of Himself in expressing it.

That is why God chose to create a humanity that would fall, because He could love that humanity absolutely and completely and save it so He could love them and they Him forever... God being love itself was compelled to express His nature fully and completely. There could have never been any other outcome.

As of today non believers are among the fastest growing groups in the US and in another 30 years or so, more than half the country will hopefully have evolved past this mythology. If god's not goofing perhaps his plan is to eventually eradicate religion all together. jmho

So... It speaks nothing about whether God is real or not, it just shows how determined man is to turn away from God, and will allow since he created man with free will.

It is not possible for man to evolve past God. This mythology as you call it will never be eradicated.

We made it hard for ourselves, God did not.

God out of love unto repentance, made it hard for us that we would learn to rely on Him and His righteousness.

Mongo; God can, does and will excommunicate permanently.

true that... God is simple... we are not.

You have left out the most important part of the equation... The Holy Spirit... God Himself in the Holy Spirit has been ensuring that the integrity of His message was preserved accurately in spite of mans imperfections and propensity to screw it up. God is omnipotent and is completely capable of getting across what He wants to get across accurately and with out error through mans feeble and imperfect attempt to convey God's message.

Edited by cranster
  • Upvote 2

God is love, and was from all eternity drawn absolutely and completely to the cross... why? because as Jesus said... not greater love has a man than to lay down his life for his friends. So God being love was inexorably drawn to the greatest act of love possible, laying His life down on the cross to express that love completely for the salvation of man... God went all the way with love and spared nothing of Himself in expressing it.

That is why God chose to create a humanity that would fall, because He could love that humanity absolutely and completely and save it so He could love them and they Him forever... God being love itself was compelled to express His nature fully and completely. There could have never been any other outcome.

So... It speaks nothing about whether God is real or not, it just shows how determined man is to turn away from God, and will allow since he created man with free will.

It is not possible for man to evolve past God. This mythology as you call it will never be eradicated.

"God is love"?? Really, then why does he burn his creations?

Wait, so dying on the cross in order to become a god and savior resulting in being worshiped for centuries is the greatest act of love?? Doesn't sound like much of a sacrifice, sounds like jesus got the better end of the deal, not mankind. Just sayin

So god created humanity in order to fail just so mankind would worship him? How cruel and sadistic is that?? I can even imagine to understand the type of slave mentality one must need to buy this. Based on the attributes you are bestowing on to him, if god was a man he'd be a tyrant/dictator and charged with crimes against humanity.

True, but it does speak loudly for the evolution of the human species. At one point many believed the earth was flat, at one point many believed in zeus. You are an atheist in regards to every other god except the christian god. Why? Because you happened to be raised and influenced by that particular belief system. You could have easily been a muslim if you were born in a muslim environment. People are starting to wake up due in great deal to the communication abilities we have now. And yes people are turning away from myths at very rapid rates.

If god's real that may be true, however in reality man can't evolve past the non existent. Might as well say man can't evolve past santa clause. Religion won't be fully eradicated overnight, but it will eventually. It's a necessity for the survival and evolution of the human species. Jmo

• Upvote 2

See, smee.......... that where you do an injustice to GOD. first, your thinking in the flesh, and believe it or not mankind is and will alway be flawed

in their thinking unless inspired by GOD. If GOD wanted his word to go down through the ages,( which he does) ever with 10 translations, I think that being the

most powerful and almighty GOD that he is, would have no problem bringing HIS word, intact to present day. Oh yea of little faith

• Upvote 2

No man will ever find God with an unsincere heart. Faith, grace an forgiveness go hand in hand. Man was given the choice to decide his every action and choice for himself or confide in God to light his path. Many will argue the scriptures about whether God is real or not and that will be revealed to each one upon our facing him when we draw our last breath in this life. He will either approve or disapprove of the way each has lived. Narrow is the way to eternal life and broad is the way for ones self condemnation upon death. We have an appointment with him and we will not be late nor we will not be able to control its outcome once this life has ended for each one. If you willing to play russian roulette with this you are playing a game of eternal torment forever. Each one's life has an internal clock set in motion at birth and it has a given moment of expiration no matter where you are at or what you are doing. Sometimes people are allowed a warning of a heart attack to get affairs i order and sometimes it is sudden failure. At that moment each ones fate is sealed. The power of self choice is cancelled. You will meet your God face to face at some point in time.

Edited by Heavyduty053
  • Upvote 1

No man will ever find God with an unsincere heart. Faith, grace an forgiveness go hand in hand. Man was given the choice to decide his every action and choice for himself or confide in God to light his path. Many will argue the scriptures about whether God is real or not and that will be revealed to each one upon our facing him when we draw our last breath in this life. He will either approve or disapprove of the way each has lived. Narrow is the way to eternal life and broad is the way for ones self condemnation upon death. We have an appointment with him and we will not be late nor we will not be able to control its outcome once this life has ended for each one. If you willing to play russian roulette with this you are playing a game of eternal torment forever. Each one's life has an internal clock set in motion at birth and it has a given moment of expiration no matter where you are at or what you are doing. Sometimes people are allowed a warning of a heart attack to get affairs i order and sometimes it is sudden failure. At that moment each ones fate is sealed. The power of self choice is cancelled. You will meet your God face to face at some point in time.

"No man will ever find God with an unsincere heart"?? Just replace "insincere heart" with "rational thinking brain" and you may have a point there.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

"No man will ever find God with an unsincere heart"?? Just replace "insincere heart" with "rational thinking brain" and you may have a point there.

NEO - I think Heavyduty053 has the point correct. Scientists have perhaps the most rational approach to finding answers through scientific method but still fail to find God. If we believe that God exists, and that He is truly God, then it stands to reason that He will not allow us to find Him with an insincere heart because He sees through our motives and the creator will not be tested by the created. God will reveal Himself to us in a unique and personal way and quite often I find, at least with myself, my rational mind gets in the way of what (God) cannot be rationalized.

• Upvote 1

NeoDinar,

I'm assuming you are an atheist. So, explain to me how it is rational to believe the following?

1.) that material in the universe was created from nothing? The laws of the universe dictates the material comes from other materiel, not from thing air.

2.) that life began on it's own: Law of biogensis states that life come from other life. No where in any laboratory tests has life been shown to arise from non-living matter.

*If you are as knowledgeable of science as you seem to assume, then I assume you know about left and right handed amino acids? How oxygen breaks apart the very amino acids bonds needed for life to arise? That life is only composed of left-handed amino acids, yet left and right-handed amino acids form together, but one single right handed amino acid prohibits life no matter how many left-handed amino acids are formed together? The possibility of all left amino acids forming together to form a protein needed for life is 4.9 x 10 to the negative 191. That's

-49,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

Amino acids come in left and right, so imagine flipping a coin. You have to land heads 4.9 x 10 to the 191 power IN A ROW to get one single protein needed for life. If you flip tails once, you have to start all over. One protein in life consists of 300 amino acids - all left handed.

* The law of probabilityy states that anything over 1 x 10 to the negative 50th power is impossible.

* The possibility of a living cell forming is 1 x 10 to the negative 40,000. It isn't happening no matter how much time you have. And remember, water and oxygen break apart amino acid bonds and keeps them from forming. It actually prevents life from forming.

3.) How is is rational to believe in evolution when no transitional fossils have ever been discovered and has never been observed to occur in a laboratory setting. So, why do you believe in evolution? What evidence is there for it's validity? Also, why are there no transitional animals around today for us to observe? Did evolution stop?

4.) Why in the Cambrian explosion do we find animals that are more genetically complex then their living brethren today? Evolutionary theory states that animals become more complex as they evolve, not the other way around. The oldest fossils we find, the animals are more complex than their living brethren and in many cases are identical to their living brethren today.

Can Natural Processes Explain the Origin of Life?

So, my friend. I ask you: is it rational to believe matter appears from thin air? Is it rational to believe that life began on it's own? What evidence to you present that matter can appear from thin air or that life can begin on it's own? Rationally thinking, this shows me God is involved.

And I'll add:

1.) Jesus did not die on the cross to become a God or be worshiped. He died on the cross to take our sins upon Himself because He loved us.

2.) God created the world perfect, free from sin. We cause all the pain and suffering we see. I don't see how it is rational to blame God for giving us free will and not making us into robots. To blame God is to try and absolve blame from our selves for the things we do. It is absurd to blame God for giving us free will to either do good or bad.

3.) There is ample evidence for Noah's flood and that Jesus rose from the dead. I'll go more into these if you'd life. They're are not myths, but supported by science and history.

4.) How is it sadistic of God to take your punishment upon himself?

I recommend the following site. It is full of Q and A's. It is ran by Christian scientists with PhD's in their related field.

Get Answers

*Lastly, I'll ask you this: Do you believe you are a good person?

Edited by rightsonword
  • Upvote 4

1. If god is omniscient that means he goofed as he is responsible for all there is

2; As of today there hanse't been a single shred of evidence to support it's accuracy. Perhaps you've found something historians and scientists have not. Would be cool to know.

3. Well if that was god's goal seems he failed since christians have murdered countless innocent people in the "name of christ/god" and forced conversion since christianity began, sounds pretty dominating to me. As of today non believers are among the fastest growing groups in the US and in another 30 years or so, more than half the country will hopefully have evolved past this mythology. If god's not goofing perhaps his plan is to eventually eradicate religion all together. jmho

NEO - I was where you are once but I had an unexpected visitor who changed it, literally in a heart beat. He will not come to the world, but He will come to you if you ask nicely.

1. God created us, as He is free to do as we please because we could not create ourselves. The flawless world He created was interrupted by disobedience, pride and un-acceptance of our own wrong doing, pretty much in the way that the world has become desensitized to sin. Let's say that God created Lucifer and he messed up man. I often wonder why He created him also, it would of been easier to just not create him. Lucifer now Satan does serve the purpose of proving that God's way is right and we have to cling to Him.

2. By the Bible's accuracy I take it to mean you are referring to the story rather than the text. The Jewish scribes who wrote the Old Testament would copy a book at a time and if they made even one mistake, even at the end of the document they had to start again. The New Testament was translated by brilliant scholars from the original Aramaic and Greek text so you wont find too much change it even the grammar let alone the basics of the story. What I take from your comment is that you don’t accept God as being the creator of all life and that's fine, that's what makes God so great He lets us wallow in our own imagination, sin in our hearts and then loves us enough to still forgive us. If you don’t believe He exists you are dead wrong, please don’t wait too long too find out the truth.

3. Christians have done horrible things in the name of their religion accepted, but do you think it was people acting in the will of a loving God, or a vain imagination of what they think God is. Humans have the amazing ability to fashion god in their own image but God remains the same. The fact that we are falling for non belief is evident by the godless acts we perpetrate against one another. As for evolution it is still a theory, 400 species of primates, one species of man. The facts don’t sit well. You cannot evolve past God no matter how special you think you are, but in the quietness of your heart, if you take your ego out of it, He still speaks to you.

• Upvote 1