Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Don't mess with a veteran!

carlablum

This guy was told by his Homeowners Association that he couldn't fly the American flag in his yard.

Moral: Don't mess with a veteran!

581576_2854105002430_1553722609_31921605_1373808893_n.jpg

Anyone who buys a house anywhere there is a Homeowers Association to tell you how and what you can do with the property that you just paid high dollar is just asking for trouble. Why oh why would you pay thousands of dollare for a home and then have someone tell you don't work on your car in the driveway, can't plant shrubs on the left side of your yard, your house has to be painted from a list of approved colors, just examples of beaurocratic non sense. The fees are demanded once a year for life. This is only a land developer's way of making extra money for life for doing virtually nothing. I will never do it because i have to conform to to many laws and demands already and i will not let someone tell me what to do withmy own property.

• Upvote 5

Anyone who buys a house anywhere there is a Homeowers Association to tell you how and what you can do with the property that you just paid high dollar is just asking for trouble. Why oh why would you pay thousands of dollare for a home and then have someone tell you don't work on your car in the driveway, can't plant shrubs on the left side of your yard, your house has to be painted from a list of approved colors, just examples of beaurocratic non sense. The fees are demanded once a year for life. This is only a land developer's way of making extra money for life for doing virtually nothing. I will never do it because i have to conform to to many laws and demands already and i will not let someone tell me what to do withmy own property.

I agree. I would never buy a house with a homeowners association. NO one is going to tell me what I can or can't do with my house. I love the paint job on the house, it's awesome. GO RV !!! B)

• Upvote 2

I respect your right to decide where you live. Some people either don't have that choice(job location, family needs) or other events we don't know about.

Land developers don't get the money. The association is formed by a group of homeowner and the money goes into a fund.

The HOA's original intent, (there are some out there that follow it and some have gone overboard) was to protect the value of the homes. They did not want odd paint colors, derelicts left in the street, barren front yards and unkempt yards from bringing the home values down. Try selling your pristine house to someone with a typical "trailer trash" house next to it. It won't sell and if it does not for what you want. It will only bring frustration to an already frustrating situation. The fees are supposed to go to common area grounds keeping, possible clubhouse dues and park(s) upkeep. I am not saying they are perfect but when run properly they can help keep the peace, quiet and value of a neighborhood.

I live in one but I don't like it. It happened to be the best buy at a time that we could do it. It also is less than 3 mile to my work. At todays gas prices my 42 miles a week saves me enough money and then some to pay the fees.

Almost every property you will buy will have "covenants" built in that say what you can and can't do with your property. It's one way that someone with a single family home doesn't end up next to an a-hole who wants to turn his property into a salvage yard.

Just be sure to read the fine print regardless where you buy, and make sure you know what you're getting into. :)