Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Add Your Favorite Christian Music/Song

One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid from my class was walking home from school. His name was Kyle. It looked like he was carrying all of his books. I thought to myself, “Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd.”

I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on. As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him.

He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes. My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, and I saw a tear in his eye. As I handed him his glasses, I said, “Those guys are jerks. They really should get lives.”

He looked at me and said, “Hey thanks!” There was a big smile on his face.

It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude. I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived. As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before. He said he had gone to private school before now. I would have never hung out with a private school kid before.

We talked all the way home, and I carried his books. He turned out to be a pretty cool kid. I asked him if he wanted to play football on Saturday with me and my friends. He said yes. We hung all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him. And my friends thought the same of him.

Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again.

I stopped him and said, “Damn boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!” He just laughed and handed me half the books.

Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends. When we were seniors, began to think about college. Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I was going to Duke.

I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a problem. He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football scholarship.

Kyle was valedictorian of our class. I teased him all the time about being a nerd. He had to prepare a speech for graduation. I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak.

Graduation day, I saw Kyle. He looked great. He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school. He filled out and actually looked good in glasses. He had more dates than me and all the girls loved him! Boy, sometimes I was jealous.

Today was one of those days. I could see that he was nervous about his speech. So, I smacked him on the back and said, “Hey, big guy, you’ll be great!” He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled. “Thanks,” he said. As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began.

“Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years. Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach…but mostly your friends. I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them.

I am going to tell you a story.” I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met.

He had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn’t have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home. He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile. “Thankfully, I was saved. My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable.” I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment.

I saw his mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile. Not until that moment did I realize it’s depth.

Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person’s life. For better or for worse. God puts us all in each other’s lives to impact one another in some way.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/171950-a-boy-saw-a-classmate-getting-horribly-bullied-it’s-what-happened-4-years-later-that-made-me-cry/#ixzz2tRgSl7YX

Rich Mullins.

Wow. This is all about JESUS

Reporthttp://youtu.be/dsiDukXIeVY

Get on ur knees and worship the King

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Rum and Nadita,  thanks for stopping by and to continue to contribute to this section of music.  I can no longer post or copy and paste to this site.  Don't know why, been having trouble since Adam did his last major update that had us down for a week.  :shrug:I

I started this thread in 2012 and it still has steam.  I still return to this section and listen to the past/ present songs posted, and I still get the same feelings as to when I first started.  Awesome, joy and calmness. 

I believe we need more of God into our lives more so than ever, and what better place to receive Him... through our music. 

Thanks a bunch everyone !!!! :bravo::angel::twothumbs:

Edited by pattyangel
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rum and Nadita,  thanks for stopping by and to continue to contribute to this section of music.  I can no longer post or copy and paste to this site.  Don't know why, been having trouble since Adam did his last major update that had us down for a week.  :shrug:I

I started this thread in 2012 and it still has steam.  I still return to this section and listen to the past/ present songs posted, and I still get the same feelings as to when I first started.  Awesome, joy and calmness. 

I believe we need more of God into our lives more so than ever, and what better place to receive Him... through our music. 

Thanks a bunch everyone !!!! :bravo::angel::twothumbs:

I remember that night, it was a Friday.

There was some post we were all replying to, and we started posting songs.

If I remember there was you, Mark, Nadia, and me.

I'm really glad this thread grew legs too.

Be Blessed my Friend.

• Upvote 2

Divemaster your absolutely correct, and I remembered it well.  That was fun, it took off with soaring sounds of blessings.  Unfortunately I have been unable to bring any videos over.  Problem with copy and paste.  I get frustrated at times, but then I shrug it off and move on. 

Thanks for your contributions, along with all the others.  Thanks for keeping the music of Gods word alive. 

Littlesam, your simply awesome.  :twothumbs:  :bravo:

• Upvote 1

Divemaster your absolutely correct, and I remembered it well.  That was fun, it took off with soaring sounds of blessings.  Unfortunately I have been unable to bring any videos over.  Problem with copy and paste.  I get frustrated at times, but then I shrug it off and move on. 

Thanks for your contributions, along with all the others.  Thanks for keeping the music of Gods word alive. 

Littlesam, your simply awesome.  :twothumbs:  :bravo:

Thanks Pattyangel.   :blush:

I know this is a pop song but I think it fits on how the Lord stands by us all the time even though we don't see or feel Him but He is always there standing by us and ready to scoop us when we fall :)  He is a good God :) 

I know this is a pop song but I think it fits on how the Lord stands by us all the time even though we don't see or feel Him but He is always there standing by us and ready to scoop us when we fall :)  He is a good God :)

Thanks Nadita. Love you very much.. Yes God is an awesome and good God... :)

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
‘Oorah!’: The Viral Video of Marines Singing a Popular Christian Worship Song You Just Have to See

There’s a feel-good video going viral that shows Marines at Camp Pendleton exuberantly singing “Days of Elijah,” an upbeat Christian worship song about hope and redemption.

The men, who wave their hands in unison sporadically and shout, “Oorah!” as they sing the praise and worship song, were apparently gathered over the weekend for a Christian service at the California military installation.

A description of the video, which was first posted to Facebook Sunday by a woman named Merrie Pardee Baldwin, reads, “Participatory worship. I love how excited the men get to sing this song & the camaraderie.”

Baldwin posted the video again Monday on the Facebook page for the Caruso Memorial Chapel at Camp Pendleton, giving a little more information about the clip’s origins.

“This is one of my favorite things about coming each month for the Faith Warrior service,” she wrote. “I love to see the camaraderie & how participatory worship is. They bless me MUCH more than they know.”

Sorry... the Commodore 64 I'm using won't let me post the video... worth the cut and paste though! ;)

• Upvote 4