Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I'm a Danger to the Women of America. ** M - Language **

mojack

I think Rush did go a little over the edge but I can understand his frustration. I think we all should send e-mails to Rush and tell him were still out here listening. Then we need to send e-mails or call the sponsors that are dropping his show. The left are licking their chops hoping Rush will go away. Not going to happen. angry.gif

Rush isn't going anywhere. Here's a guy who, on average, has 25 million listeners at any given time during his show. His is the most listened to radio program in the US, bar none.

The first thing I thought when sponsors were leaving was,"Too bad for them. Look at that market they are now excluding themselves from."

And it's true.... the left is in a dream world if they think this will bring Rush down. I would be willing to bet sponsors are lining up at the door to buy ad time during Rush's show.

• Upvote 2

I find it difficult to believe this woman's testimony because I happen to know that anyone can walk into a Wal-Mart pharmacy and obtain birth control pills for $4 a month.

I do agree that if they need the pills for other health issues, the insurance company should cover them. In most cases, doctors are able to convince the insurance companies that what they prescribe is necessary for life saving reasons.

:twocents:

All around the world to get back to square one... Why? Because political nature for some is to voice support of a follower before analyzing facts. You believed Limbaugh wouldn't pull the wool over your eyes.

Cost is irrelevant to SOME degree... If you pay $10 per month for a prescription, when insurance should pick it up, you would ask them why not! Folks are being narrow-minded.

Rush isn't going anywhere. Here's a guy who, on average, has 25 million listeners at any given time during his show. His is the most listened to radio program in the US, bar none.

The first thing I thought when sponsors were leaving was,"Too bad for them. Look at that market they are now excluding themselves from."

And it's true.... the left is in a dream world if they think this will bring Rush down. I would be willing to bet sponsors are lining up at the door to buy ad time during Rush's show.

Supply and demand... If advertisers leave, syndicates may fall. Syndicates fall, ability to reach 25 million folks are reduced. If advertisers leave that means they've grown tired of the risk. This isn't his first debacle.

This whole issue is a sidetrack from the libs. don't let your caboose get sidetracked....emot-shakehead.gifemot-shakehead.gif

Good point, the issue isn't what Rush said, but what the Obama Administration is trying to do. Which is tell a Religious Organization that it has to pay for something that goes against its basic religious tenants.

-

Good point, the issue isn't what Rush said, but what the Obama Administration is trying to do. Which is tell a Religious Organization that it has to pay for something that goes against its basic religious tenants.

-

Hey - I thought the administration backed off and said the organizations do not have to pay for it but the employee can request directly from the insurance companies and the employer is not billed. If you guys don't agree that the employee should not have the right to go directly to insurance companies that would be unfair and blind sided not unlike the Limbaugh situation.

Think about it for a day or so.... takes some people longer :)

Anyway, have a good night!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sicker than I thought... It was all design for Limbaugh to call a woman a **** and ask for videos for entertainment. SLANDERIG A WOMAN FOR SPEAKING ON CAPITOL! TWISTED HER WORDS AROUND TO INDICATE SHE'S LESS THAN A WOMAN. YOU GUYS ARE TWISTED!

WOMEN THAT support THIS TALK SHOULD BE ASHAME... THE MALES HERE ARE EMBARRASSING - I WON'T CALL YOU A MAN. SO EASILY MANIPULATED... NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL SHEEPLE.

BTW: BIRTH CONTROL IS PRESCRIBED FOR MORE THAN BIRTH!!!

Yo Mo, pay for birth control? what do you say afterwords? The Man wants to control population, get a grip, you wanna play you have to pay.. Free rides is what will be the demise of this country..

Hey - I thought the administration backed off and said the organizations do not have to pay for it but the employee can request directly from the insurance companies and the employer is not billed. If you guys don't agree that the employee should not have the right to go directly to insurance companies that would be unfair and blind sided not unlike the Limbaugh situation.

Think about it for a day or so.... takes some people longer smile.gif

Anyway, have a good night!

No, it was like, OK the Churches don't have to pay for the birth control, but the Insurance/Health Care Provider has to provide the birth control for free. You and I know that ANYTIME that you tell someone they have to provide it for FREE, they will eventually pass that cost on to their customers. And where the Church is ALSO the Health Care Provider as well as the employer, you just told the Church they have to provide birth control for FREE.

-

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Supply and demand... If advertisers leave, syndicates may fall. Syndicates fall, ability to reach 25 million folks are reduced. If advertisers leave that means they've grown tired of the risk. This isn't his first debacle.

I think you are misunderstanding the DEMAND part of supply and demand.

Again, 25 million Americans tune in per day to listen to Rush (I am one of them). And let's be real honest about this.... do you think this main stream media debacle will increase or decrease his audience? My gut tells me more people will be tuning in than ever to hear what he will say next.

No, Rush isn't going anywhere and neither are opportunities at advertisement revenue. The "syndicates" know this.... It's the reason why Rush was inked to such a huge contract a few years ago. The fact is, Rush IS radio and everyone in that business knows it.

On a side note, something I find very interesting is how the left is reacting with pure glee at Rush's possible demise. That's the thing with the left, they know they can't win in the arena of ideas so they have to take any means necessary to silence the dissenters.

Rush Limbaugh Signs $400 Million Contract

James Joyner · Wednesday, July 2, 2008 · 20 Comments Rush Limbaugh isn’t going to have any trouble affording good cigars, having just re-upped with Clear Channel through 2016 for $400 million, including a $100 million signing bonus. And you thought pro athetes got paid a lot.

Said to be Limbaugh’s most lucrative deal ever by far, the new agreement runs through 2016 and includes a previously unheard-of nine figure signing bonus. For those of you in Rio Linda, that means more than $100 million, upfront.

[...]Beyond infuriating the left, that staggering sum is sure to reinforce the widespread industry belief that talk represents one of broadcast radio’s only remaining bright spots. While several other major outfits are struggling to survive, Limbaugh and Premiere have provided a steady revenue stream for Clear Channel.

In fact, while advertisers have begun to abandon music radio for the Internet and other media, Limbaugh has recently added sponsors.

Clearly, I’m in the wrong business. Then again, if I could captivate 20 million listeners three hours a day for a couple decades, I’m sure I’d make more, too.

Link:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/limbaugh_signs_400_million_contract/

• Upvote 1

Yo Mo, pay for birth control? what do you say afterwords? The Man wants to control population, get a grip, you wanna play you have to pay.. Free rides is what will be the demise of this country..

You're late in this conversation Eddie. Catch up then we can chat.

No, it was like, OK the Churches don't have to pay for the birth control, but the Insurance/Health Care Provider has to provide the birth control for free. You and I know that ANYTIME that you tell someone they have to provide it for FREE, they will eventually pass that cost on to their customers. And where the Church is ALSO the Health Care Provider as well as the employer, you just told the Church they have to provide birth control for FREE.

-

MArkinsa, NOW I agree with that perspective... but health care provider and employer are different. I believe you would agree an employee should not be denied these medical prescriptions just because they work for a religious org.

I think you are misunderstanding the DEMAND part of supply and demand.

Again, 25 million Americans tune in per day to listen to Rush (I am one of them).

Wally, I have no interest in Limbaugh contracts. He's not the comedian of my choice.

What I was saying earlier, UNDERSTAND if syndicates drop him, the broadcast would not reach 25 million!

The Employer is always billed and then they pass it down for the employee to pay.................more Demogogery

Yep - you're right, someone has to pay. But they should not be denied these medical prescriptions.

• Upvote 2

If a person wants to have sex & not get pregnant then they should go out & pay for their own contraception. If I want to participate in an an activity where there are physical risks and want to prevent the possible repercussions, then I should pay for my own protective equipment. Not the taxpayer or anyone else. :angry:

• Upvote 1

You're late in this conversation Eddie. Catch up then we can chat.

MArkinsa, NOW I agree with that perspective... but health care provider and employer are different. I believe you would agree an employee should not be denied these medical prescriptions just because they work for a religious org.

I agree an employee should not be denied prescriptions for a medical purpose, but I do not agree with Forcing a Religious Entity into paying for something they morally object to, that violates their religious faith. Just like you and I should have the right to choose where we spend our money and where our tax dollars are spent. The government is going wild spending our money on things they shouldn't be, and now they want to order us to spend our money for social programs our tax dollars don't cover.

-

• Upvote 2

I agree an employee should not be denied prescriptions for a medical purpose, but I do not agree with Forcing a Religious Entity into paying for something they morally object to, that violates their religious faith. Just like you and I should have the right to choose where we spend our money and where our tax dollars are spent. The government is going wild spending our money on things they shouldn't be, and now they want to order us to spend our money for social programs our tax dollars don't cover.

-

Healthcare - Well I guess there's a thin line - rights for employees and moral perspectives of the church.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He's not the comedian of my choice.

You know mojack, I have read many of your posts and have decided to remain civil by mostly not saying anything at all. Just reading your posts, disagreeing, and then moving on to another thread. The main reason I do this is for civilities' sake.

You are making it difficult for me to remain civil with a shot like this.

I mean, your main attack on Rush is that you find his remarks towards women demeaning. Well what about your comment here? Isn't it meant to demean?

So basically, you are no better than the view you have placed on Rush.

Am I diagnosing this wrong?

There was a time, months ago, when you very cordial, and even courteous to a fault. Times have changed....

• Upvote 2

It's entirely laughable how people who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about are showered with +s. That's something that should be critically studied of public forums. Why do people spontaneously trust gut emotions before confirming data?

You know mojack, I have read many of your posts and have decided to remain civil by mostly not saying anything at all. Just reading your posts, disagreeing, and then moving on to another thread. The main reason I do this is for civilities' sake.

You are making it difficult for me to remain civil with a shot like this.

I mean, your main attack on Rush is that you find his remarks towards women demeaning. Well what about your comment here? Isn't it meant to demean?

So basically, you are no better than the view you have placed on Rush.

Am I diagnosing this wrong?

There was a time, months ago, when you very cordial, and even courteous to a fault. Times have changed....

Wally you're giving me too much credit. I tried Rush years ago and found him intolerable. I thought he changed words of others too often for shock and aw effect. There's plenty I dislike about his show but demeaning women I don't take lightly, do you?

Anyway, I appreciate your comments and this satire will continue. Moral of this thread, check yourself before you speak up on a story.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Once again we have become a country that "someone" should have to pay. It wasn't that long ago that employers were not expected to pay for your medical, it was a perk of a better job and then it became the norm, same thing for vacation pay and all other benefits. NO employer should HAVE to pay you for anything other than the hours you work. THAT is the only thing that is OWED to you.

Having owned a small business, I can see where employers are coming from.

• Upvote 1