Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New Iraqi Coins being sold on Ebay

jasondb17

Thought I would share with you. Someone is selling the 25 and 100 coin..but there is a 50 too. I don't see that anywhere posted on CBI website. Guess this could be for laughs. I was trying to look for anything different on the coins and the pictures posted on CBI bankotes.

My link

Good find, but I can't verify in enlarged pic if the coins are actually 25s and 50s. They seems to have Arabic side facing us, perhaps. Just don';t know. Have to take the seller's word for it as of now.

This may be bogus. Maybe not. Anyone familiar with their coinage?

Good find, but I can't verify in enlarged pic if the coins are actually 25s and 50s. They seems to have Arabic side facing us, perhaps. Just don';t know. Have to take the seller's word for it as of now.

This may be bogus. Maybe not. Anyone familiar with their coinage?

This is bogus. The coins were never put into circulation. There's a 25 and 100 dinar coin, no 50. The 50 is a paper note. They were never released because the value is negligible!

• Downvote 2

This is bogus. The coins were never put into circulation. There's a 25 and 100 dinar coin, no 50. The 50 is a paper note. They were never released because the value is negligible!

It is my understanding that they were issued briefly and then pulled back, because the weight in scrap metal exceeded the face value. They are real, and it is not unusual to have a coin the same denom as a paper note, just like the USD $1 and the $1 dollar coin. :)

• Upvote 2

Thought I would share with you. Someone is selling the 25 and 100 coin..but there is a 50 too. I don't see that anywhere posted on CBI website. Guess this could be for laughs. I was trying to look for anything different on the coins and the pictures posted on CBI bankotes.

My link

My understanding is they were released briefly and the Iraqi's took it as a slap in the face due to the Worthlessness "no practical use" so they were retired. I heard the best place to find them were in the streets where kids would play with them.

My link

This is nothing new, us old timers saw these a few years back and then taking out of circulation.. I would not buy whats on ebay, of course thats just my opinion.. :lol::lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1