Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq's money at risk after the fifth of May

Abadi: Iraq's money at risk after the fifth of May next

وكالات - دعا رئيس اللجنة المالية البرلمانية النائب عن التحالف الوطني حيدر العبادي الى اتخاذ الاجراءات اللازمة للحفاظ على اموال العراق بعد رفع الحماية الدولية عنها في ايار المقبل.العبادي قال خلال مداخلة في جلسة مجلس النواب امس السبت "ان اموال العراق معرضة للخطر، وان اي تلكؤ او خلل في اتفاقية تسوية المطالبات بين حكومة العراق والولايات المتحدة الامريكية من شأنه ان يعرضها للخطر اذا لم تكن هناك اجراءات بديلة لحمايتها". Agencies - The head of the Finance Committee parliamentary deputy for the National Alliance Haider al-Abadi to take the necessary measures to keep the money Iraq after the lifting of international protection by the next May. Abbadi said during an intervention in the meeting of the Council of Representatives on Saturday that "Iraq's money at risk, and that any delay or a bug in the claims settlement agreement between the Government of Iraq and the United States would expose it to risk if there were not alternative measures for their protection. " وتابع "اذا لم يتحرك البرلمان على هذه المسألة فأن اموال العراق مهددة وفي خطر بعد الخامس من ايار المقبل، وهو موعد رفع الحماية الدولية المفروضة عليها". "If Parliament does not act on this matter, the threat of Iraq's money in danger after the fifth of May next, when the lifting of international protection against it."

seems to be a very bad translation, anyone want to try and decipher what in the he** they are saying. thanks

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://alrayy.com/20858.htm

• Upvote 1

It helps to insert your own verbs when reading translations, i.e. is, was, were, etc. I am at a loss as to why the writer thinks Iraq needs protection once they RV to 3.22 on the 5th of May next.

So does anyone know what this article is even referring to?

It's pretty short & way too vague for me to understand why their currency is at risk after the fifth of may.

My first thought was the protection of the DFI funds, until I read the link below that was brought to DV by linny0830.

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/presdocs/2010/DCPD-201000372.htm

Dan

I thought this was what the $400M settlement was for. I posted this date question for Adam's chat tonight. Hopefully he answers it. I'm confused on all these protection expiry dates.

I think that is part of it. And I think they have a plan for this so I don't think it's a big deal.

i think the rate and date are connected to 5 may 11. and the 400mil and 22bil are the numbers that are to connect them.

a month or so ago there was an artical connecting the usa to helping iraq pay off war reperations

that is as much info i have been able collect so far

mabe we will here that the usa extended the 5th of may date, who know???

Edited by rich daniels

Abadi: Iraq's money at risk after the fifth of May next

. "If Parliament does not act on this matter, the threat of Iraq's money in danger after the fifth of May next, when the lifting of international protection against it."

seems to be a very bad translation, anyone want to try and decipher what in the he** they are saying. thanks

The money is being held by the US to shield Iraq from liabilities leftover from the Saddam era until Iraq is better able to make reparations, and all debts that will be forgiven have been forgiven.

That time has come.

The MP stating his belief that the unforgiven debts or reparations put the money at risk.

When you are 10 years old and put a baseball through your neighbor's window, and your parents say you will have to pay for it, you may have tried the same approach.